Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bielsa - shortlist for FIFA coach of the year

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit I thought Leeds would do well this season. They are plummeting now though. Injuries and Bielsa not changing his style at all have stuffed them by the looks of it.

Lycaon

Reaction score
I’m amazed he’s lasted this long!

Got promoted from the Chump after a couple of attempts and now just relegation fodder in the Prem, not sure I buy into this character that sits on a bucket all day, but there again maybe he’s just sh****g himself?!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broken Premier League record for most goals conceded in a calender month. That's in Feb the shortest month as well...

On the brink to be sacked.

I was told at 18.53 that he had bin sacked.And Ambramovich has jacked.Dunno if it's a joke or not :tonguewink: Be funny if it was true though.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who didn't want to give an interview in English can just **** off and take his side pet with him..
He can stick his stool so far up his **** for all I care...

Hate Leeds United and that ****jng puppet of a manager....

I love living in Leeds wear my Wolves top.
So many wanting to bet me that Leeds would finish higher Wolves..
Looks like I'm going to be ****ed with all the Rum..

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think brentford will go down in all honesty.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m amazed he’s lasted this long!

Got promoted from the Chump after a couple of attempts and now just relegation fodder in the Prem, not sure I buy into this character that sits on a bucket all day, but there again maybe he’s just sh****g himself?!

You know they got 59 points in the prem last season right?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Not quite the World Coach of the Year but did an amazing job at Leeds. Absolutely screwed by losing Philips and Bamford for so long.

Guess Leeds fans feeling the same as we did when Nuno left.

Hopefully they don’t have a Bruno in Marsch…

T

TheConcourse

Not quite the World Coach of the Year but did an amazing job at Leeds. Absolutely screwed by losing Philips and Bamford for so long.

Guess Leeds fans feeling the same as we did when Nuno left.

Hopefully they don’t have a Bruno in Marsch…
Leeds were far better with Bielsa than without. He should never have been considered for the award, but he did a really solid job with that squad.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last season his style took plenty of opponents by surprise. This year, whilst injuries have had an impact, teams have adapted to his style and shown that the Emperor Bielsa may not have had no clothes but he was down to a mankini!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This aged well.... (don't ask for next week's lottery numbers)....
View attachment 27011
Yeah it’s wrong, I don’t care and as someone who doesn’t like Leeds I’m glad it is.

I presumed they’d spend money, but they didn’t, and injuries haven’t helped.

As I said last year, there was an actual prediction league and I think I came third. I don’t think you were one of the two ahead of me?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he gone yet? Cant stand the bucket sitting **** And his rabbit in the headlights side show mate.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got no issue with that. I take exception to the “experts” who think he’s good. He plays a simple style of play and it’s all emperors new clothes. Completely found out because once you’ve worked out how to avoid the way they press they have absolutely nothing.

The blokes won two top flight league titles in a farmer league in 30 years and folks talk like he’s peak Alex Ferguson.
He puts on this show of being enigmatic, a deep thinking tactician, and the press have swallowed it, hook line and sinker.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gosh, there are some deeply unpleasant posts on here which, sadly, say far more about the posters than they do about Marcelo Bielsa.
He did exactly what Nuno did for Wolves - got them back in the PL and, just importantly, re-connected the fans and the city with the football club. Like Nuno, he also got some mid-table Championship players performing at PL level. The least he deserved was a proper goodbye from the fans, as Wolves gave Nuno.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Gosh, there are some deeply unpleasant posts on here which, sadly, say far more about the posters than they do about Marcelo Bielsa.
He did exactly what Nuno did for Wolves - got them back in the PL and, just importantly, re-connected the fans and the city with the football club. Like Nuno, he also got some mid-table Championship players performing at PL level. The least he deserved was a proper goodbye from the fans, as Wolves gave Nuno.
Nuno got us up first time of asking then got 7th place twice semi final of fa cup quarter finals of Europa league whereas leeds got mid table in one season and relegation fodder this season even in our worst season under Nuno we did the double
So no comparison at all

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't really get the hate.

He hasn't been blowing his own trumpet and proclaiming himself one of the best coaches around, who should be shortlisted for FIFA awards. In fact, he always played down the praise he got from Guardiola and Pochettino.

"No, I sincerely don't," Bielsa told Sky Sports when asked if he believes he's influenced the minds of so many great coaches.
"There are a lot of coaches who it has been said follow my ideas but that is not the case."

He can't control whatever waffle the media pump out in regard to him. It's actually the same with Rangnick now. Other coaches have pushed his name and the media throws together a narrative of the "great innovator" and "footballing professor", but the guy himself hasn't actually done anything to stoke the flames. These guys aren't turning up and proclaiming themselves "the special one" at their unveiling press conferences.

There's quite a lot of complimentary articles coming out now about Lage, but if we don't keep the results up, there will inevitably spread the reaction about other fans that "Lage is a fraud", just because some fans have a complex about any another club or coach getting praise.

I've never thought that Bielsa was reinventing the football wheel, but he did a really decent job for the resources supplied, taking them up after so many previous managers had choked and then without a massive overhaul of their Championship side (consider that we added Jimenez, Patricio, Moutinho, Jonny to our starting XI when we went up) having a good season, playing quite entertaining football last year. Whatever the finishing positions, they actually got as many points (59) as we've ever managed in a PL season.

This season he has been largely robbed of two of the only three standout players that they have in Bamford and Phillips, which was obviously going to hurt them, just as no Jimenez and Neto saw us look utterly toothless last year and brought out cries from other fans that Nuno had been "found out".

Now, I'm perfectly content to see Leeds do so badly and wouldn't mind if they drop (though Everton is the dream for me) as they do have quite a lot of potential. Marsch won't improve them one jot, so hopefully they do get him. He was appalling at Leipzig and the players lost faith in him within no time. I'm actually surprised that Nuno's name (thankfully) isn't in the frame.

Last edited:

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess the main reason he’s got abuse on here is that he’s been so highly praised by the press. The reality is that though he’s done a good job for Leeds teams are now used to playing against them and he’s just ploughed on regardless. That makes him a fool not a great coach. Throw in his refusal to do interviews in English and it would be more than a little surprising if he wasn’t ridiculed by Wolves fans who not long ago were told his team were the best team ever promoted from the Championship. He may be gone but our memories of Nuno are fresh enough to spot media bull**** as Bielsa has got nowhere near achieving what Nuno did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom