Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Best Non Wolves Player You've Seen Play Live

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based admitedly on one game only (Wolves v Juventus) - Helmut Haller (played for Germany in the 1966 World Cup Final).

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Kenny Dalglish is the best player I’ve seen live. The best 90 mins was Ali Bernabia for Man City, he was fantastic on the day.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the title says, no wolves players allowed.
For me,live in the flesh, it has to be Thierry Henry.
A truly great footballer.
As soon as I saw the thread title, he sprung to mind. He just seemed to glide across the pitch.

Steven Gerrard was very good too. He covered so much ground.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronaldo R7 had to take a couple of customers to Anfield to watch Dippers against Yanited years ago when he was in his prime, we were about 3 rows from the front left hand side attacking the Kop, the speed he moved at with the ball under control was breathtaking.
Also saw John Barnes again when he played for Liverpool away at Coventry an old girlfriend from Bootle had never seen them live, again he was a magician with the ball.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronaldo R7 had to take a couple of customers to Anfield to watch Dippers against Yanited years ago when he was in his prime, we were about 3 rows from the front left hand side attacking the Kop, the speed he moved at with the ball under control was breathtaking.
Also saw John Barnes again when he played for Liverpool away at Coventry an old girlfriend from Bootle had never seen them live, again he was a magician with the ball.

John Barnes was an amazing footballer. I remember watching him against us towards the end of his career, either a testimonial or pre-season friendly, can't remember the occasion. He remained near the centre circle nearly all match, but everything went through him. He just sprayed passes out, left, right, centre, always to feet. One of those players that was a delight to watch.

Middlesex Mixer

Groupie
Reaction score
When I was 15 years old we had a school trip to Madrid, and we were taken to Real Madrid’s training ground where the legendary Alfredo Di Stephano shook hands with each of us, and handed us each a Real Madrid metal badge. A few days later we were given tickets to see a la Liga match at the Bernabeu stadium. Can’t remember who Real were playing! But I saw Di Stefano playing, as well as Gento, Asencio, and Puskas. Puskas was brilliant!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Peter Knowles (before, you know). I know it says non Wolves, but still....
Bestie.
Ronaldo (not the fat one).
Law (not Brian).
Charlton (not Jackie).
Jimmy Greaves.
Trevor Francis.
Mick Channon in his prime was a great player.

So many.......

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I was 15 years old we had a school trip to Madrid, and we were taken to Real Madrid’s training ground where the legendary Alfredo Di Stephano shook hands with each of us, and handed us each a Real Madrid metal badge. A few days later we were given tickets to see a la Liga match at the Bernabeu stadium. Can’t remember who Real were playing! But I saw Di Stefano playing, as well as Gento, Asencio, and Puskas. Puskas was brilliant!
Puskas and Di Stefano ripped Eintracht Frankfurt apart in the 7-3 1960 European Cup Final win for Real Madrid. Di Stefano scored 3 and Puskas 4.

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
That was one hell of a school trip in that era, I got a trip to Southend!

Lawndog

Reaction score
One of the best "non-wolves" performances I've seen live was from Alan Ball, in Southampton's 2 nil defeat to us in Jan '79......he was an 'old' man by then but he was at the centre of everything.....a true midfield general!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gabriel Batistuta.

Loved Fiorentina because they defeated Glasgow Rangers in the 61 old Cup Winners' Cup.

For the non-wrinklies, we'd been knocked out in the semis by Rangers, so I wanted them to lose to La Viola. And Fiorentina play in purple (how cool is that :))

Fortunate enough to go to Fiorentina's Stadio Artemi Franchi a number of times, and saw the Batman play several times.

Strong, quick and clinical for me, the best all-round striker I've seen (ok, I know Micky Quinn was 'all round' but that's different)

Lovely hair and a great butt according to the wife.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top three -- 1. George Best in his pomp (many times) 2. Johann Cryff (for Holland) 3. Gert Mueller (for West Germany)

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny Dalglish is the best player I’ve seen live. The best 90 mins was Ali Bernabia for Man City, he was fantastic on the day.

Bernabia was sensational that day. Truly unplayable.

In recent memory I think Virgil van Dyke for Liverpool in the 18/19 season at Molineux was imperious. Unshakable at the back and popped up with a goal.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rivaldo at the Nou Camp - overhead kick to seal Champions League qualification.

Gerrard at Molineux.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seen Gerrard when Wolves played Liverpool in pre season friendly at Molineux 1999, he was the best player on the pitch and was maybe 19 or thereabouts. Bergkamp was another, absolute quality, use to just glide through matches.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was that the one liverpool won 5-1 or something? My first ever match!

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember being blown away by José Antonio Reyes, when he came on as a sub for Arsenal in the 03/04 season at Molineux.
I couldn't believe how quickly he could move, whilst still retaining control of the ball.
RIP José.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen Gerrard when Wolves played Liverpool in pre season friendly at Molineux 1999, he was the best player on the pitch and was maybe 19 or thereabouts. Bergkamp was another, absolute quality, use to just glide through matches.

I remember that friendly - Gerrard was obviously head and shoulders above all of the players (in the Liverpool ones) even at that age.

Bergkamp was quality as well. The Arsenal midfield of Vieira and Petit had everything. De Bruyne more recently destroyed us, effortless. I was lucky enough to see Hagi and Stoikchov play for their international sides as well as Lothar Matthaus, Maldini. Saying that, in our early/mid/late 90's Championship slogs we made some fairly average players look world class. Joey Beachamp, David Hopkin et al. Collymore looked excellent for Forest when they beat us at Molineux.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ronaldinho
Michael Laudrup
Modric

Hard to pick out a list, let alone one name from that list. Have been blessed with seeing so many good players through the years..

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jay Jay Okocha had a great game against us for Notlob, even got an ovation from Wolves fans when he went off.

As for goalkeepers, I’d say Shilton at his peak, mid to late 70’s, just looked so difficult to beat.

cowshed

Reaction score
Saw them all at the Mol.

Romario and Bebeto for Barca in champs league V Man U mid 1990's

Back
Top Bottom