Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bentley

BillyBoots

Groupie
Reaction score
He did well again despite me calling him Bennett all week (God knows where I got that from) . Much better distribution than Jose

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

If Sa is away in Jan, hope Bentley gets a fair chance to prove himself as a #1, before bring in the likes of a Ramsdale.

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was nice to hear a keeper bellowing to the defence from tv (although there was no noise from the crowd to drown him out) and he looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I’m pretty sure we all said this after a few games last season though before he went poor.

Reaction score
It was nice to hear a keeper bellowing to the defence from tv (although there was no noise from the crowd to drown him out) and he looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I’m pretty sure we all said this after a few games last season though before he went poor.
There were two or three times last night he looked far from comfortable with the ball at feet, I’m sure these would’ve been remembered if it was Sa

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Brilliant last night. A keeper barking orders will help the defence no end. That double save was fantastic. As for his kicking, I felt more at ease with him kicking than I do Sa!

Not saying he’s as good as Sa, but last night he was good.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were two or three times last night he looked far from comfortable with the ball at feet, I’m sure these would’ve been remembered if it was Sa
Yea but overall he is a lot more comfortable with the ball than Sa.

Sa, for me, is still the better keeper and obvious first choice though.

fleck1

Reaction score
A solid performance, good double save but for some to say he needs a chance or if Sa goes we'll be fine with him is a little over the top. He's a solid, experienced back up at premier league level which is what you want. We saw last season when he was given a run in place of Sa he wasn't a number one.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, this thread has rather been flipped on its head hasn’t it?! :rolleyes:

Molineux Mix where players, coaches and directors of football to coin that magnificent expression can go from being

" A Rooster one day, a feather duster the next !!!!!!!! "

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That second save was incredible. I was right behind it and it was a goal, watching it back on TV didn't seem to do it justice, even if it still looked good! The first was a good save as well.

So, no exaggeration to say he won us the game with that, as it didn't feel the sort of game where we'd come back to win.

I would still drop him for Saturday though.

I'm not convinced on him off crosses. There was a corner second half where he should've commanded his box, and the bounce luckily fell for Semedo to clear.

Ultimately, he's played about 6 games for us, and made howlers in two (Everton, Ipswich). So whilst I appreciate what he did last night, Sa has to play if fit.

But, I think Sa's injury is worse than is reported, so I expect Bentley to start on Saturday unfortunately.

That last sentence is based on comments from Bournemouth fans in the summer, they hated how O'Neil kept lying in regard to injuries, and it seems he's doing the same here. Neto, Ait-Nouri, Sa. Only a little thing, but it really annoys me.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure what distribution people are remembering from last night but he constantly gave Burnley the ball back with a casual kick forward when there were simple passes on.

Feel like we’re talking about a different player entirely.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable save
As Roy Keane would say " it's his job "
I've just watched a recording of his post match interview .........very refreshing to hear a player speak so well with a clear understanding of the game .
For me he's a Premier number two at best ......OK as backup but not top level . That said I believe Sa needs upgrading too .
I hate this tip tapping about at the back ....".let's all do it because City do it . "
If we have to adopt this style you need goalkeepers that are great with their feet and able to distribute quickly and effectively with total confidence .

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solid performance and immense double save, probably as crucial to the match as Hwang’s goal as at that stage I feel the game could have gone either way.

I still think he’s a long way behind Sa in the pecking order though.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a cooler mentality than Sa which is important and his outballs are more accurate. Sa is a great shot stopper but occasionally does something crazy and always seems nervous which can communicate itself to the rest of the defence. If we really can get £35m or so for Sa from the Saudis than I would grab it. We should be able to replace him adequately for half that money. The Ramsdale stories are just journalistic noise. He would not be available on loan initially and is on 120k a week. Arsenal won't even consider losing him till next summer and he could well have won his place back again by then. They would also ask £30m plus for him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, but we'd need better backup for him than King,,,
I seriously doubt that we would look to buy a back-up to Bentley. Anyone decent coming in is going to want a realistic shot at the first team shirt. Frankly l'd rather play the U21 keeper than King.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seems, like most of our players, and managers, he getting judged before had a chance...

I guess everyone (ok most, ok some) would take World Cup winner & Villa keeper, Martinez, as a #1...but for years he not get in Arsenal team, or ours much(?) when he on loan at Wolves.

I prefer him to Onana, Ramsdale....

Back
Top Bottom