Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bennett on football focus today

K

Knocker Lite

Ryan Bennett was on 5 live Friday evening giving some insight into how Wolves defend tactically, It went completely over the head of Jermaine Jenus who hadn't a clue. With Ryan doing these customary pre semi final media slots for Wolves is it safe to say Nuno has forwarded someone who wont be selected for the big game. Go on Ryan make yourself useful.

S

ShropshireLad

Ryan Bennett was on 5 live Friday evening giving some insight into how Wolves defend tactically, It went completely over the head of Jermaine Jenus who hadn't a clue. With Ryan doing these customary pre semi final media slots for Wolves is it safe to say Nuno has forwarded someone who wont be selected for the big game. Go on Ryan make yourself useful.
I just missed it. My own feelings are that it isn't helpful to have anyone explain our tactics, tbh.
I remember Dalglish being asked on a MotD interview following a win to explain his tactics and he grunted saying that's for you to work out.:D

K

Knocker Lite

I just missed it. My own feelings are that it isn't helpful to have anyone explain our tactics, tbh.
I remember Dalglish being asked on a MotD interview following a win to explain his tactics and he grunted saying that's for you to work out.:D

It was just certain triggers of movement for individuals within the defensive framework. Something each Premier league club would know about Wolves through their game analysts.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jermaine Jenas makes me disproportionately angry.

I've said it before. He's like the 'accident' kid born well after the rest of the kids in your circle of friends. This means he has no kids of his own age to play with so instead he spends most of his time trying to impress the adults. Everyone thinks he's a ****, the parents tolerate him. The only people that like him are the grandparents and people who have convinced themselves he's actually a really nice, well mannered boy who's just playing a bit of a character.

Absolute ****ing ****er.

S

ShropshireLad

It was just certain triggers of movement for individuals within the defensive framework. Something each Premier league club would know about Wolves through their game analysts.
Fair comment. Perhaps I can hear it on i-player.

S

ShropshireLad

I've said it before. He's like the 'accident' kid born well after the rest of the kids in your circle of friends. This means he has no kids of his own age to play with so instead he spends most of his time trying to impress the adults. Everyone thinks he's a ****, the parents tolerate him. The only people that like him are the grandparents and people who have convinced themselves he's actually a really nice, well mannered boy who's just playing a bit of a character.

Absolute ****ing ****er.
I rather like him...but there again, I'm old enough to be a granddad. :)

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
You can hear Ryan Bennett on Radio 5 last night here:
Football Daily - The Big Weekend Preview Pod - BBC Sounds

When I heard him on last night I did wonder whether that meant he wasn't starting on Sunday. I'm guessing all players will have Friday night off and will be heading to London sometime today. Difficult to read too much into it, although Bennett seemed to do quite a bit of media work when he was suspended.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that he's one of the biggest music stars in the world means this idiocy extends far beyond footballers

The majority of folk are too lazy to search out new and interesting music. They’re just easily led by whatever the mainstream media chucks at them the most. Like a massive flock of sheep.
Similar thing happens with football e.g, all those Man United ‘supporters’.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Absolute ****ing ****er.

I thought he was alright when he first started, I've seen him on BT sport score centre a few times this season though and if I was in charge I'd tell him to leave the studio. He sits there full of anger, rarely cracks a smile, looks at everyone as if they are dirt and every question is beneath him. He answers 9 out of 10 questions with a sarcastic tone. I could understand if he was an ex football manager who'd won the lot and had some interesting insights into the game but he just sits there reeling off a plethora of cliches the entire show.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that he's one of the biggest music stars in the world means this idiocy extends far beyond footballers
Absolutely mate. High record sales and popularity doesn't always mean quality. Same applies to Arianne Grande, Drake etc

D

Deleted member 5910

Oh dear Ed ****ing Sheeran. Proof again that footballers have no clue about music.
To be fair, Bennett doesn't actually say he's a fan of Ed Sheeran from the video, just that he'd swap places with him if he could.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely mate. High record sales and popularity doesn't always mean quality. Same applies to Arianne Grande, Drake etc

Individuals Personal music taste generally dictates what is perceived as quality rather than the artists capabilities - anyone talentless doesn’t get to put their music out there.

Personally I dislike soul, RnB, Rap but that’s because I’m a different generation.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I dislike soul, RnB, Rap but that’s because I’m a different generation.

I'm with you 100% although I'd caveat the rap bit.

As a kid (of advanced musical tastes I might add) I was bang into rap before it became mainstream. I'd listen to Run DMC, Derek B, Public Enemy etc.

Then came a harder line NWA, Ice-T, 2 Live Crew, etc.

It all became a little bit repetitive. The rap of today is dog**** and lots of the old rap is also dog****, but at least it had craft.

S

ShropshireLad

You can hear Ryan Bennett on Radio 5 last night here:
Football Daily - The Big Weekend Preview Pod - BBC Sounds

When I heard him on last night I did wonder whether that meant he wasn't starting on Sunday. I'm guessing all players will have Friday night off and will be heading to London sometime today. Difficult to read too much into it, although Bennett seemed to do quite a bit of media work when he was suspended.
Nice chat and he gave nothing away. Thanks for that, W/B.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I'm with you 100% although I'd caveat the rap bit.

As a kid (of advanced musical tastes I might add) I was bang into rap before it became mainstream. I'd listen to Run DMC, Derek B, Public Enemy etc.

Then came a harder line NWA, Ice-T, 2 Live Crew, etc.

It all became a little bit repetitive. The rap of today is dog**** and lots of the old rap is also dog****, but at least it had craft.

Eazy E knew the truth about today's fake gangster rap, lead by Dr Dre who in his early music days used to dress like a cross between Lionel Ritchie and a lady soul singer from the 70s, lipstick and eyeliner included.

D

Deleted member 4453

Monday - Had a cold
Tuesday - Had a cold
Wednesday - Sort saturday night, had a cold, got my tickets
Thursday - District line eastbound was down so it took me near 3 hours to get into work.
Friday - FRIDAY. Yes.
Saturday - Mates, beer and all the other assortments. Taking the misses for a meal before hand.
Sunday - Match day, meet my brother at the station, few cold pints on the way to Camden to meet the other lads before onwards to Wembley, then back to London Bridge to celebrate before going back to Essex.

The majority of folk are too lazy to search out new and interesting music. They’re just easily led by whatever the mainstream media chucks at them the most. Like a massive flock of sheep.
Similar thing happens with football e.g, all those Man United ‘supporters’.

Major labels and money. You only have to listen to mainstream radio to realise that a lot of its trash. If artists have huge financial backing behind them they can flog anything through radio/media.

Ed Sheeran isn't that bad, but look at artists like Little Mix or worse P!nk o_O.

Sorry for turning this thread into a music critique :p haha.

Header last minute tomorrow Ryan pleasee.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ed Sheeran is pretty good. Can sing live and write his own music. Goes against the grain as that manufactured ****e thats all the rave.

At least its real music...
It's quite a feat that despite the fact he writes and plays his own music it's just as dull as any other manufactured pop song, really.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What annoys me about Sheeran is he sings absolute nonsense.

The thing is he tries to pass it off as experiences from his childhood and through his youth. It's complete and utter fabrication held together with some godawful lyrics.
We're talking PJ & Duncan quality wordsmithing!

I mean good on him. He's peddling this ****e out and the paying public are lapping it up.

I comfort myself with 2 words.

Ginger pubes.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
What annoys me about Sheeran is he sings absolute nonsense.

The thing is he tries to pass it off as experiences from his childhood and through his youth. It's complete and utter fabrication held together with some godawful lyrics.
We're talking PJ & Duncan quality wordsmithing!

I mean good on him. He's peddling this ****e out and the paying public are lapping it up.

I comfort myself with 2 words.

Ginger pubes.
He's Mick Hucknall in a hoodie

D

Deleted member 4594

Major labels and money. You only have to listen to mainstream radio to realise that a lot of its trash. If artists have huge financial backing behind them they can flog anything through radio/media.

Ed Sheeran isn't that bad, but look at artists like Little Mix or worse P!nk o_O.

Sorry for turning this thread into a music critique :p haha.

Header last minute tomorrow Ryan pleasee.
I think Little Mix and Pink have made some really good pop music. Don’t judge me.

Back
Top Bottom