Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bees replay

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fiver? Since when has any club in the PL sold tickets for a fiver for adults in the cup?
Fine a tenner, I still think it would sell out.

Who cares what others do? This is bonus money.

The point was £18+ is more of an issue than you’re acknowledging, in my opinion.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t believe people are taking the weather into account as a reason why they can’t go. No wonder the atmospheres **** now.

Understand concerns over travel for people living far away but any locals who have tickets but aren’t going because of the ****ing weather or that they think £18 is too much should be ashamed.

We had 30,000 playing Burnley on a Tuesday night in December. This is a bigger game.
Come back and say that when you are 75 like me and your poor eyesight makes it risky to drive at night. Or preferably just **** off.

Sidaway

Reaction score
Fine a tenner, I still think it would sell out.

Who cares what others do? This is bonus money.

The point was £18+ is more of an issue than you’re acknowledging, in my opinion.
Matter of opinion. But I don’t think £18 to watch 2 PL teams play is bad value at all. Plus I think it’s definitely worth it at the prospect of playing those horrible *******s next round.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I can’t believe people are taking the weather into account as a reason why they can’t go. No wonder the atmospheres **** now.

Understand concerns over travel for people living far away but any locals who have tickets but aren’t going because of the ****ing weather or that they think £18 is too much should be ashamed.

We had 30,000 playing Burnley on a Tuesday night in December. This is a bigger game.
Ashamed for not wanting to pay £18 for an extra game during a cost of living crisis? There are things in life that rightfully cause people to feel ashamed, but not going to a cup replay on a freezing cold Tuesday night is not one of them!

Sidaway

Reaction score
Come back and say that when you are 75 like me and your poor eyesight makes it risky to drive at night. Or preferably just **** off.
Well obviously that comment doesn’t refer to your situation as that’s clearly common sense to not travel to the game.

Sidaway

Reaction score
Ashamed for not wanting to pay £18 for an extra game during a cost of living crisis? There are things in life that rightfully cause people to feel ashamed, but not going to a cup replay on a freezing cold Tuesday night is not one of them!
Maybe I just value the prospect of playing the **** more than most people do.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Price has a lot to do with it if they did a deal 2 adults 30 quid or kid and adult 20 quid this game would of sold out no problem. Not many people have much disposable money at present.

Sidaway

Reaction score
Price has a lot to do with it if they did a deal 2 adults 30 quid or kid and adult 20 quid this game would of sold out no problem. Not many people have much disposable money at present.
Understood, like I said, I take it back. Heat of the moment comment when I saw the amount of tickets still available.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this talk of some people not as good as others because they don't go to 1 particular match is complete *******s.
If people support the team when they can, that's all that matters. If someone can't get to a particular match , but still want to go to other matches then so be it.
The sense of self-entitlement with some people on here is truly amazing.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me barmy but I love going to the football in the cold.....I get a bit of enjoyment being sat in the stand with 10 layers on, ya big coat , hats , scarves ,gloves shouting and screaming at blokes in shorts n t shirt to get in there .........

It's my bit of payback I dish out as I'm jealous of the money they are on.....

Paris Wolf

Reaction score
I'm in Melbourne so I'll struggle to get there and back on a Tuesday night, so how about we get back to talking about the line-up?
Is Lemina available? To start? If not, then Doyle and Bellegarde behind Cunha, Sarabia and Neto? Or will we play Hodge, with Bellegarde as the option off the bench either midfield or up front?
Who's on the bench?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough. I agree I’m surprised the sales are so low though.
Same, I was expecting a near sell out. I wonder what would have happened had they gone on general sale a little earlier when the prospect of the BCD in the next round was still fresh in the minds.

But yea. I’m generally surprised that we haven’t sold more tickets to this.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same, I was expecting a near sell out. I wonder what would have happened had they gone on general sale a little earlier when the prospect of the BCD in the next round was still fresh in the minds.

But yea. I’m generally surprised that we haven’t sold more tickets to this.

To be fair I'm not sure there's much they could've done in that respect. Tickets went on sale before the date was confirmed, then STH had to have a couple of days to purchase their ticket before they went on general sale.

5 days on sale to the general public is more than enough.

Reactions: Ned

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me barmy but I love going to the football in the cold.....I get a bit of enjoyment being sat in the stand with 10 layers on, ya big coat , hats , scarves ,gloves shouting and screaming at blokes in shorts n t shirt to get in there .........

It's my bit of payback I dish out as I'm jealous of the money they are on.....
Me too. My top tip is full body thermals. Works a treat.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in Melbourne so I'll struggle to get there and back on a Tuesday night, so how about we get back to talking about the line-up?
Is Lemina available? To start? If not, then Doyle and Bellegarde behind Cunha, Sarabia and Neto? Or will we play Hodge, with Bellegarde as the option off the bench either midfield or up front?
Who's on the bench?
Bloody part timer!

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that when the vast majority of non STH and non members have got used to not being able to either afford a ticket or get a ticket for games they want, they stop looking and get out of the habit.

An unexpected cup replay is just evidence that the general public feel they are unlikely to be able to attend, so they don’t try anymore.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
I was think of coming this game. My flight. I need to fly Sofia - Birmingham can't make it back time work. Hope come again for game soon

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's on the bench?
I'm in Auckland so like you, I will struggle to make it.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think its a sign of the times in the country more than anything. I think its reasonably priced and didnt really expect them much cheaper. Maybe a deal for adult & child combined ticket would have been sensible?
I still dont believe you find evenings out much cheaper than this though. Especially if its a one-off event if you dont go too often. For a family of 4, you aint finding much to do for less than £54. Gig tickets and other such events are about £100 each now, cinema is about a tenner each. I wouldnt know a prem/championship team that would offer less. Chester my local club is £16 just to stand on the terrace and the quality is dire (National League North, 6 divisions lower). This is a prem team in an fa cup 3rd round. I think people saying it should be a fiver are living in times long gone.
Is this the first sign of diminished interest in the wider public when disposable income very low and every match is on tv (of sorts). I think football has done this to itself. Next generation of fans are all playing fifa or watching online. Those kids/younger adults that go are the fortunate ones who have tickets paid for by parents. Hard not to see why apathetic when season tickets are ~£600. What chance do they have.
Went on a longer rant then i thought there but it is frustrating that clubs have just priced out generations. yet this fixture i can understand the prices but shows where people are at. did think we'd sell more than we have.

And some people bang on about building a bigger stadium lol

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was never involved as much as some ...but quite a few mates were heavily and paid the consequences with jail sentence etc.....my brother was a copper so I always had to watch what I was doing and I had decent jobs so I didn't really fancy going to jail or missing going to the football....

But being of that era and knowing nearly all the faces around wolves , it wasn't easy to keep away from it....it's just the way football was in those days....70s, 80s and 90s , safety in numbers ...I certainly wouldn't have gone to the likes of Albion, blues , Stoke back in the day without a few around me ..no chance ...

I've said before I could write a book on the funny stories I've seen or been involved with around football etc.....people go on about football hooligans but most of them are decent lads , who like drink, work but get carried away at times at the football....but living in wolves it's difficult to avoid because most of ya grew up together and have known each other for 40 years .... so me take it to a different level granted , which I never really did....

It's just the way football was ....it's totally different in these days to be honest.....but regular things still do happen between say wolves and Albion.....it hasn't gone away....there was nearly a major incident around the u21 game last season that was adverted by the police last minute
I went to loads of matches in the 70s, 80s and 90s. With very few exceptions it was actually pretty easy to keep away from trouble if you wanted to.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think that when the vast majority of non STH and non members have got used to not being able to either afford a ticket or get a ticket for games they want, they stop looking and get out of the habit.

An unexpected cup replay is just evidence that the general public feel they are unlikely to be able to attend, so they don’t try anymore.
agree completely. when youve grown up watching football on tv and its (free) whats the point. football is just a tv and social media sport now.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
I think its a sign of the times in the country more than anything. I think its reasonably priced and didnt really expect them much cheaper. Maybe a deal for adult & child combined ticket would have been sensible?
I still dont believe you find evenings out much cheaper than this though. Especially if its a one-off event if you dont go too often. For a family of 4, you aint finding much to do for less than £54. Gig tickets and other such events are about £100 each now, cinema is about a tenner each. I wouldnt know a prem/championship team that would offer less. Chester my local club is £16 just to stand on the terrace and the quality is dire (National League North, 6 divisions lower). This is a prem team in an fa cup 3rd round. I think people saying it should be a fiver are living in times long gone.
Is this the first sign of diminished interest in the wider public when disposable income very low and every match is on tv (of sorts). I think football has done this to itself. Next generation of fans are all playing fifa or watching online. Those kids/younger adults that go are the fortunate ones who have tickets paid for by parents. Hard not to see why apathetic when season tickets are ~£600. What chance do they have.
Went on a longer rant then i thought there but it is frustrating that clubs have just priced out generations. yet this fixture i can understand the prices but shows where people are at. did think we'd sell more than we have.

And some people bang on about building a bigger stadium lol
Agree with this but also people keep banging on about playing the **** if we win but in reality most know they won't get a ticket for it even if we do get through, so surely takes away some of the incentive to go tomorrow night .My circumstances make going tomorrow not a problem (and I am very unlikely even as a season ticket holder to get a ticket for the next round if going through) but fully understand why people aren't bothering tomorrow night and certainly wouldn't start judging people for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom