Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bees replay

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a shame that this is nowhere near selling out, especially with what awaits us if we go through. Hardly any games in January, well priced tickets too, I can’t see why it isn’t selling very well.
Well I am an STH and I haven't bought a ticket mainly because (a) it's bloody freezing (b) it's a night game and it's bloody freezing (c) I wouldn't get home before about 11.00pm (d) I suspect Brentford will put out a weakened side and go through the motions.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a shame that this is nowhere near selling out, especially with what awaits us if we go through. Hardly any games in January, well priced tickets too, I can’t see why it isn’t selling very well.
Tickets are over priced. It’s not a big game, it’s midweek, it’s straight after Christmas and it’s going to be bloody freezing. Should have been tenner adults fiver kids.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all fairness for us southerners, the kick off time and train problems means quite a few us are skipping simply because it's going to be insane trying to even get there!
I understand what you say
What about us lot who live in the midlands and north of Wolverhampton but will be at Brighton on a cold Monday night
Not trying to cause an argument, just saying

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about us lot who live in the midlands and north of Wolverhampton but will be at Brighton on a cold Monday night
Honest answer, you'll have coaches or a drive to take you back and forth, which helps, but it's a dedication and much respect for it.

If i was to make it to Sandwell on that Sunday then I am actually going to miss the kick off as the first train from my house to Central London ain't till 7! Many a tantrum was thrown in the sc91 household that ill miss the BCD.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the Brighton game is live on TNT?

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Me and my kids will be at brighton, first time ive ever seen away tickets go down to members.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I am an STH and I haven't bought a ticket mainly because (a) it's bloody freezing (b) it's a night game and it's bloody freezing (c) I wouldn't get home before about 11.00pm (d) I suspect Brentford will put out a weakened side and go through the motions.
Fair enough. It wasn’t a criticism at all, I’m just trying to understand why there’s so many not going.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tickets are over priced. It’s not a big game, it’s midweek, it’s straight after Christmas and it’s going to be bloody freezing. Should have been tenner adults fiver kids.
Fair enough, I guess the £18 is a little steep for an extra game in midweek just after Christmas. Would people have gone if they were cheaper though? I’m going up from the south but that’s mainly helped by work schedules falling in to place and me having nothing else to do this week.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite a few of the London ones do but you’ve got to be quick. I’ve done Palace and West Ham so far this season and wish to **** the tickets hadn’t gone down to members!!
Really?
As only a member I never even bother to check for away games, just assume they are always gone.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really?
As only a member I never even bother to check for away games, just assume they are always gone.
Honestly, as soon as they go on sale to members have a look. I never used to look but I’ve been surprised. I couldn’t get the Brentford league tickets so I think it’s random and pot luck but you do get lucky at times. Sometimes you get returns nearer the time too.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough. It wasn’t a criticism at all, I’m just trying to understand why there’s so many not going.
Didn't take it as criticism, mate. I also don't like driving at night -- I have poor sight in one eye and am just the right side of legal to drive, but I avoid it if I can. I would drive in without a thought for a PL game but not for a 3rd round Cup replay.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we didn't have Albion next, it's still a poor turnout IMO. (I'll be there)

However, instead of blaming the fans, lets look at Wolves.

The only club to constantly raise prices. Raising prices despite us getting worse, having justified the first increase because of how we're doing on the pitch.

For years, they treated fans poorly and maybe this is them paying for that. Once you lose supporters, it's hard to get them back and lets be real, we've had a good six-month period after years of **** football and underachieving.

O'Neil and Hobbs have done very well at trying to repair that relationship, and if they carry on like this then the fans will come back, but we maybe shouldn't be that surprised that this is a struggle.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe there seem to be people on here questioning the loyalty of Wolves fans. I expect every Mixer would be at every Wolves game if it was possible, I honestly believe that. Everyone's circumstances are different but at the end of the day every Mixer is as loyal to Wolves as any other. We all love our club and that should never be forgotten.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe there seem to be people on here questioning the loyalty of Wolves fans. I expect every Mixer would be at every Wolves game if it was possible, I honestly believe that. Everyone's circumstances are different but at the end of the day every Mixer is as loyal to Wolves as any other. We all love our club and that should never be forgotten.
I don’t think anybody is questioning loyalty at all, mate. Not intentionally anyway.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This is an extra midweek game, an unglamorous replay cup against opponents that we have already played twice in quick succession and will play again in a few weeks. I think the cost of living crisis has hit hard for many and this is a game too far. Plus travel is so expensive and difficult now, and public transport is rubbish on weekday evenings, especially post game. Quite a few of our fans (including season ticket holders) have to travel in a bit of a distance. Trains are ridiculously expensive and very unreliable, petrol is still really expensive and our roads are clogged and badly managed. Add to that all the extra cost and the weather and I can appreciate why people want to stay at home. I'm a member who goes to roughly 13 home games a season but can't do midweek evening games because I travel from a long distance and don't finish work on time. That said, even if I lived a lot closer I think I'd probably give this game a miss.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dull answer to why I’m not going. It would cost me £36 plus petrol and my car insurance has gone up £74
In this day and age I’m afraid my financial choices are limited
And no , if we get through , I no won’t be getting tickets for that **** hole either

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really?

I managed to get a ticket ( the last one) to the Brentford cup match on the day before at about 11am. Sometimes it's worth having a look a couple of days before to see if players/staff allocated tickets have gone on sale.

Reactions: Ned

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to you for going Brighton....I go to most games but draw the line with midweek long distance journey, where you need time off work .... especially if they are on the telly....

A mate of mine doesn't miss a match home and away regardless......some might say "So what "....but he does live in Burnley.....

He wasn't going to go to the Brentford cup game , which I was surprised at.....But as soon as we got the potential Albion game.....He said ' I'm definitely coming nw'.....

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not looking on those sites or talking to the same people but I don't see many people complaining they can't get tickets or it's a closed shop. Is it something I've missed or is it something people have invented just to have a moan? Away match matches people might have complained about, but not home matches.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You’re not telling me that people would suddenly decide to go if it was £5 or £10 cheaper?

They’re not going because it’s Brentford and they can’t be *****.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not looking on those sites or talking to the same people but I don't see many people complaining they can't get tickets or it's a closed shop. Is it something I've missed or is it something people have invented just to have a moan? Away match matches people might have complained about, but not home matches.

If you want a chance of getting tickets for an away game you need to build up your loyalty points.

You’ve got to go to pre-season friendlies, cup games etc. People who don’t, often moan that they can’t get a ticket for Man Utd away.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
might be unglamorous but wolves v grimsby is still the highest attendance at old trafford!
I've always wondered what the split in the crowd was? Did Grimsby have 30k fans then? Were the trawlers all in port?

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you want a chance of getting tickets for an away game you need to build up your loyalty points.

You’ve got to go to pre-season friendlies, cup games etc. People who don’t, often moan that they can’t get a ticket for Man Utd away.
Yet I got tickets for Brentford cup match, despite not going to another away match or being a season ticket holder. Most people pick and choose which matches, there are a hardcore base that go to all. More than a few that buy tickets don't go, but sell on.

Sidaway

Reaction score
Criminal that this isn’t anywhere near a sellout. Regardless of the opponent, we should be showing our support regardless if you think the ticket prices are a few quid overpriced.

Biggest game of the season so far. You’ll all be scrambling for those away tickets at the **** when we go through.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was a weekend game it would sell out. Night match changes the situation. Being cold doesn’t help. So on and so on the excuses are endless. Hard to find passion for a cup game against Brentford maybe, but we need to look at the bigger picture. Playing and beating albion. Something we ain’t done since the McCarthy days.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
In all fairness for us southerners, the kick off time and train problems means quite a few us are skipping simply because it's going to be insane trying to even get there!
True. Some of the London Wolves guys stay overnight in Wolverhampton for night/midweek games, most are retired though. I have heard a Wolves fan from Bermuda shall be at the Brentford game! I believe he's attending the Worldwide Wolves Lounge pre-match.

Sidaway

Reaction score
I can’t believe people are taking the weather into account as a reason why they can’t go. No wonder the atmospheres **** now.

Understand concerns over travel for people living far away but any locals who have tickets but aren’t going because of the ****ing weather should be ashamed.

We had 30,000 playing Burnley on a Tuesday night in December. This is a bigger game.

Last edited:

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Criminal that this isn’t anywhere near a sellout. Regardless of the opponent, we should be showing our support regardless if you think the ticket prices are a few quid overpriced.

Biggest game of the season so far. You’ll all be scrambling for those away tickets at the **** when we go through.
Nonsense.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t believe people are taking the weather into account as a reason why they can’t go. No wonder the atmospheres **** now.

Understand concerns over travel for people living far away but any locals who have tickets but aren’t going because of the ****ing weather or that they think £18 is too much should be ashamed.

We had 30,000 playing Burnley on a Tuesday night in December. This is a bigger game.

Ashamed if £18 is too much?

I get your point generally but think that’s a bit harsh. It might be too much at this time of year, and for most it’s not just £18.

Your anger should be directed at Wolves.

This is a game that they won’t have budgeted for. It’s bonus money in effect and they’ve charged £18. Why not cheaper?

If, for example, tickets were a fiver, I’m certain the game would be sold out.

Sidaway

Reaction score
Ashamed if £18 is too much?

I get your point generally but think that’s a bit harsh. It might be too much at this time of year, and for most it’s not just £18.

Your anger should be directed at Wolves.

This is a game that they won’t have budgeted for. It’s bonus money in effect and they’ve charged £18. Why not cheaper?

If, for example, tickets were a fiver, I’m certain the game would be sold out.
A fiver? Since when has any club in the PL sold tickets for a fiver for adults in the cup?

Back
Top Bottom