Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bees replay

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, the 70's I found were particularly troublesome.
One bizarre memory I have was an away game in London where we were met at Euston by the constabulary who had us remove our laces from our DM's and hand them over. After that we carried a spare pair but don't recall being challenged again.
Back on script, I am hoping there's a late rush and we do sell out, as sure as eggs are eggs, if we win every man and his dog will be in the hunt for a ticket (was about to say "and woman ", but then it would turn into Python, for those who remember the Life of Brian).
Phone aye stopped.....people asking for tickets....

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we think the points from this will count towards ticket bandings if we get through?

I’ll have 1030 in we do as I did Blackpool in the cup and palace away. My other away days I had to buy off the ticket groups as we were sold out.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we think the points from this will count towards ticket bandings if we get through?

I’ll have 1030 in we do as I did Blackpool in the cup and palace away. My other away days I had to buy off the ticket groups as we were sold out.
I think it will depend on allocation.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very unlikely as points banding for both Chelsea and Spurs have already been decided so if they add the Brentford points on before those games sell out then it would mess those sales up.

For example everyone in the top points banding AND ballot winners are guaranteed a ticket for Chelsea and Spurs. Giving fans an extra 10 points could (unlikely atm) result in there not being enough tickets available those guaranteed.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surprised at the apparent low numbers of ticket sales as it took ages to get through on the phone yday when trying to move my ticket for usual seat to a different stand.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised at the apparent low numbers of ticket sales as it took ages to get through on the phone yday when trying to move my ticket for usual seat to a different stand.
Same. Bloke on the phone saying yeah I can squeeze you in and now hearing there's loads left.

Hope it picks up. we need this result

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can totally understand why the STH and regular members have chosen to give this game a miss so close after Xmas but all those glory hunters who moan they can’t get a £50 Man Utd ticket on a Thursday night can shut up from now on.
Why do those excuses apply to season ticket holders and members but not others?

Fact is a cup game against Brentford on a midweek evening isn’t particularly appealing for many. And I don’t think it would make hardly any difference if it was £10 a ticket either.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do those excuses apply to season ticket holders and members but not others?

Fact is a cup game against Brentford on a midweek evening isn’t particularly appealing for many. And I don’t think it would make hardly any difference if it was £10 a ticket either.

Season ticket holders will spend a fortune going to games. Members like wise. Both of those sets of fans go to the big games so obviously won’t moan they can’t get a ticket.

Fans that never go to games and moan they can’t get tickets well here’s your chance and they are only £20!! If someone offered these fans a £50 ticket for Man Utd on a Thursday night they would soon find the time and money to go. But because it’s Brentford the excuses come out.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season ticket holders will spend a fortune going to games. Members like wise. Both of those sets of fans go to the big games so obviously won’t moan they can’t get a ticket.

Fans that never go to games and moan they can’t get tickets well here’s your chance and they are only £20!! If someone offered these fans a £50 ticket for Man Utd on a Thursday night they would soon find the time and money to go. But because it’s Brentford the excuses come out.
Afraid I’m going to disagree
STH should have taken their tickets for this game

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Afraid I’m going to disagree
STH should have taken their tickets for this game
I’m surprised they haven’t tbf but us season tickets spend a forture on travel, food, drink and the actually ticket every year.

It’s really disappointing that the casual fans aren’t taking up their chance of visiting Molineux.

Just proves Fosun are right not to rebuilt the ground as fans disappear when we ain’t challenging at the top or playing a big side.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Honestly surprised and disappointed it's not selling better.

First the prices have to be agreed before the first game, so I guess that was set at £20 for both games, I don't think that's an unreasonable price.

People saying it's forecast to be cold - do me a favour! If it's going to be ****ing down and there are only seats in the corner fair enough, but a bit chilly - wear two pairs of socks and your free hat!

Always sympathise with people coming a long way for a midweek game - I'll forgive you!

Guess it's much bigger for people who will get to the Hawthorns if we get though, but we all know nobody will be saying it's chilly and £20 is too much for a replay of that one!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weather forecast for Sunday 28 Jan in Sandwell is only 3 degrees, guess we won’t sell out then
Albion on the horizon and we are worried the cold........we would off sold this game out when was was in the 4th division with the incentive.....and we would have had to que to get a ticket.......going soft nw we are premier league...

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The product on offer is viewed by season ticket holders, members and non members as inferior. Can’t blame any group more than another for giving it a miss.

If you can’t get a ticket for a movie you want to watch should you be criticised for not buying a cheaper ticket for a movie you don’t want to watch?

I am a member and live over 3 hours away with work early the next morning; so I’m not going. In truth though if it was the wba game I’d probably find the will!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The product on offer is viewed by season ticket holders, members and non members as inferior. Can’t blame any group more than another for giving it a miss.

If you can’t get a ticket for a movie you want to watch should you be criticised for not buying a cheaper ticket for a movie you don’t want to watch?

I am a member and live over 3 hours away with work early the next morning; so I’m not going. In truth though if it was the wba game I’d probably find the will!
Comparing supporting a football team to going to watch a film at the movies lol I’ve heard it all on here now!!!!

But to answer your question. Yes if you constantly moan that you can never go to the cinema but on the night you can go you choose not to then you deserve to be criticised.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get all that all I’m saying is I don’t think we should be vilifying fans who have decided they won’t/can’t go on Tuesday. If you can go great turn up and make some noise!
they was all having a go at me just over a week ago when i said the cup had lost its magic, we wasn't going to win it etc, and i wouldn't risk key players at Brentford .......case proved cause half the ones who go to the premier league games don't go for the cup games..

off course i get it if you have to travel........

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
they was all having a go at me just over a week ago when i said the cup had lost its magic, we wasn't going to win it etc, and i wouldn't risk key players at Brentford .......case proved cause half the ones who go to the premier league games don't go for the cup games..

off course i get it if you have to travel........
Yes, I'm going to stick my neck out and say there aren't 2000 people in the South Bank worried about not catching the train back to London.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading about FA Cup replays and bad weather, anyone out there go to the Hawthornes for the second replay against the Vile in1965, Hughie McIlmoyle hat-trick in the snow, treacherous ice on all approaches to the stands? Went on Greatrex Coaches from Stafford. Back in the day Blues, Stoke and the **** big games but as a Stafford lad Stoke trumped all.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comparing supporting a football team to going to watch a film at the movies lol I’ve heard it all on here now!!!!

But to answer your question. Yes if you constantly moan that you can never go to the cinema but on the night you can go you choose not to then you deserve to be criticised.
Granted it’s not a perfect analogy, but the point still stands that some games are much more desirable than others, it has always been the case.
I’m sure, even you, would be prepared to go far more out your way for some games than others.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Granted it’s not a perfect analogy, but the point still stands that some games are much more desirable than others, it has always been the case.
I’m sure, even you, would be prepared to go far more out your way for some games than others.
Seems as you like films it’s like going to the movies for the first time in ages and you’re a huge disaster movie fan only to find out Armageddon is sold out. It may not be as exciting but if you’re a big a disaster movie fan as you make out you still go and watch Deep Impact lol instead.

Actually no i much prefer to go to games we actually have a chance of winning. So I much prefer Brentford at Home than Man Utd at home. I go to watch wolves win and no my chances of seeing that increase against a team like Brentford.

Granted if it was Burton at home in the league cup i would totally agree why everyone would give it a miss.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just proves Fosun are right not to rebuilt the ground as fans disappear when we ain’t challenging at the top or playing a big side.

No, it proves Fosun were wrong, if we had a bigger stadium, thousands of people wouldn't have been locked out every week and would have become hooked on Wolves.

You can't have a closed shop and then when an unattractive cup match comes up, on a freezing night match, blame the supporters who can never get in to the stadium for not coming, when many season ticket holders who can see all the important matches , they themselves don't want to watch this match.

We should have had a bigger stadium the year after we got promoted, as we have stopped future generations getting hooked .That should be corrected as soon as possible and we should stop being shortsighted.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately pricing was wrong, however if we don’t beat Brentford the BDC ain’t happening, so hopefully the players don’t need any support on Tuesday.
Look forward to all the moaning on Wednesday.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we at 20k yet ?
Already more than 16.4k which the sparrow heads managed in their cup game with aldershot

Tin pot ay they

31k almost every home game. Attendance cup they never sing that. Don’t tell Leeds fans. They would of took more

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a shame that this is nowhere near selling out, especially with what awaits us if we go through. Hardly any games in January, well priced tickets too, I can’t see why it isn’t selling very well.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, it proves Fosun were wrong, if we had a bigger stadium, thousands of people wouldn't have been locked out every week and would have become hooked on Wolves.

You can't have a closed shop and then when an unattractive cup match comes up, on a freezing night match, blame the supporters who can never get in to the stadium for not coming, when many season ticket holders who can see all the important matches , they themselves don't want to watch this match.

We should have had a bigger stadium the year after we got promoted, as we have stopped future generations getting hooked .That should be corrected as soon as possible and we should stop being shortsighted.
I don’t want to start this argument up again but I agree with you. To be fair to Fosun they have seen the previous issues with ticketing and have made it easier for members with lower points to get tickets. Is it fair on the supporters who had loads of points but no ST? Probably not, but something had to change a bit somehow.

Back
Top Bottom