Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bees replay

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was never involved as much as some ...but quite a few mates were heavily and paid the consequences with jail sentence etc.....my brother was a copper so I always had to watch what I was doing and I had decent jobs so I didn't really fancy going to jail or missing going to the football....

But being of that era and knowing nearly all the faces around wolves , it wasn't easy to keep away from it....it's just the way football was in those days....70s, 80s and 90s , safety in numbers ...I certainly wouldn't have gone to the likes of Albion, blues , Stoke back in the day without a few around me ..no chance ...

I've said before I could write a book on the funny stories I've seen or been involved with around football etc.....people go on about football hooligans but most of them are decent lads , who like drink, work but get carried away at times at the football....but living in wolves it's difficult to avoid because most of ya grew up together and have known each other for 40 years .... so me take it to a different level granted , which I never really did....

It's just the way football was ....it's totally different in these days to be honest.....but regular things still do happen between say wolves and Albion.....it hasn't gone away....there was nearly a major incident around the u21 game last season that was adverted by the police last minute
I went to that game and never saw any trouble before or after just a few of them on the pitch in front of us and a few of both sets of fans mouthing it after the match but nothing major

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to that game and never saw any trouble before or after just a few of them on the pitch in front of us and a few of both sets of fans mouthing it after the match but nothing major
There was pre arranged 'confrontation' organised the night before the game ....at a pub by both sides ...but the police got wind of it.....in Tipton...

I went as well to the game....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always remember villa away in the cup in 83......was only young but the bank outside the holte end was full of wolves trying to watch it from the gap in the stand....

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought most STH would have brought their's.....obviously not!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought most STH would have brought their's.....obviously not!
Most of em are new fangled premier league fans ...Dow like the nitty gritty.....it's the same every cup game buy me.....new faces everywhere....

And then they moan we dow take the cup seriously....

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of em are new fangled premier league fans ...Dow like the nitty gritty.....it's the same every cup game buy me.....new faces everywhere....

And then they moan we dow take the cup seriously....

Same buggers who moan they can't get enough loyalty points to get away tickets!

I suppose some may not have taken their ST seat to enable them to take the family with them, but still. I wasn't expecting that many to be available on Friday afternoon.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same buggers who moan they can't get enough loyalty points to get away tickets!

I suppose some may not have taken their ST seat to enable them to take the family with them, but still. I wasn't expecting that many to be available on Friday afternoon.
Yes....I'm only half jesting....it's easy for me being 2 mile down the road to not miss a home game......it's not so easy for others ..

But when I look around at cup games and see plenty of new faces, you also tend to see families as well , who probably do not get the chance to go to normal games it's makes me think that yes we can actually increase the capacity......

On average by me I would say less than 30% attend cup games....

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pathetic boys and girls come on, get your tickets! Southbank, the rest is the same though.

View attachment 39700
Its a ****ing tuesday night in January, not just long after ****ing christmas. It's ****ing cold. It's ****ing brentford for the third time in short succession. Surprised we've even sold that many.

(Alright I'll go)

dgm6769

Reaction score
There was pre arranged 'confrontation' organised the night before the game ....at a pub by both sides ...but the police got wind of it.....in Tipton...

I went as well to the game....
Lagoon by any chance, I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lagoon by any chance, I'd be surprised if it wasn't.
I'm not sure which pub....one of the younger lot told me it was all arranged.......they have even been a put a couple of vans nearby with a few items in ready.....the gaffer got a visit from the plod on the day and was told what was gonna happen........so it was called

Madness really......but I think it would have been very serious....there's has been a few instances over the last few years.....way too old for that nonsense....but as I say it hasn't or won't go away...

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
I'm sure they will manage when we have Man Utd on a Thursday night in a couple of weeks!
Just to defend those of us that are a distance away from Molineux I won’t be attending either game. Usually travel up by train and theres usually no way back by time the game finishes for an evening match.

Could book a day off and a hotel I suppose. I’ll create a fundraiser and maybe everyone that feels I should be attending can chip in?

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
For this game, I think 20 quid being on a Tuesday night when the forecast is for it to be very very very cold is not helping. I was surprised when it was 20 an adult tbh. Thoughy would of been cheaper like cup tickets were last season.

Also, in January which has already seemed to be 10 weeks long people may be struggling to buy frivolity. Which to alot these days football tickets are.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's looking really poor on the ticket sales which does surprise me although it's an expensive time just after Christmas so imagine that's also impacting it.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For this game, I think 20 quid being on a Tuesday night when the forecast is for it to be very very very cold is not helping. I was surprised when it was 20 an adult tbh. Thoughy would of been cheaper like cup tickets were last season.

Also, in January which has already seemed to be 10 weeks long people may be struggling to buy frivolity. Which to alot these days football tickets are.
Should have been a tenner a ticket.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can totally understand why the STH and regular members have chosen to give this game a miss so close after Xmas but all those glory hunters who moan they can’t get a £50 Man Utd ticket on a Thursday night can shut up from now on.
Not only that.. People stream games illegally

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was never involved as much as some ...but quite a few mates were heavily and paid the consequences with jail sentence etc.....my brother was a copper so I always had to watch what I was doing and I had decent jobs so I didn't really fancy going to jail or missing going to the football....

But being of that era and knowing nearly all the faces around wolves , it wasn't easy to keep away from it....it's just the way football was in those days....70s, 80s and 90s , safety in numbers ...I certainly wouldn't have gone to the likes of Albion, blues , Stoke back in the day without a few around me ..no chance ...

I've said before I could write a book on the funny stories I've seen or been involved with around football etc.....people go on about football hooligans but most of them are decent lads , who like drink, work but get carried away at times at the football....but living in wolves it's difficult to avoid because most of ya grew up together and have known each other for 40 years .... so me take it to a different level granted , which I never really did....

It's just the way football was ....it's totally different in these days to be honest.....but regular things still do happen between say wolves and Albion.....it hasn't gone away....there was nearly a major incident around the u21 game last season that was adverted by the police last minute
Yes, the 70's I found were particularly troublesome.
One bizarre memory I have was an away game in London where we were met at Euston by the constabulary who had us remove our laces from our DM's and hand them over. After that we carried a spare pair but don't recall being challenged again.
Back on script, I am hoping there's a late rush and we do sell out, as sure as eggs are eggs, if we win every man and his dog will be in the hunt for a ticket (was about to say "and woman ", but then it would turn into Python, for those who remember the Life of Brian).

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do, but I’m going on Tuesday night, I like to get to games when I can make it, when work or life don’t get in the way.
Exactly, VAR has twisted my arm. No passion to go to a game anymore so what’s the point. Enjoy watching it at my own leisure. Won’t be renewing my season ticket either.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can totally understand why the STH and regular members have chosen to give this game a miss so close after Xmas but all those glory hunters who moan they can’t get a £50 Man Utd ticket on a Thursday night can shut up from now on.

I went to the match at Brentford, but can't go to the replay. Can I have a slight moan if I can't get a ticket to another match?
Not that I ever do moan about it, but just want to know if I have permission?

:innocent:

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to the match at Brentford, but can't go to the replay. Can I have a slight moan if I can't get a ticket to another match?
Not that I ever do moan about it, but just want to know if I have permission?

:innocent:
I’m struggling to see your point?

Firstly you’ve admitted to going to games already and secondly you’ve admitted you don’t moan.

Clearly by post wasn’t directed at you but yes of course you have permission to moan if you like lol

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cold in January? Get away!

Really surprised at the slow ticket take up for this one. Hope it picks up in next couple of days.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The removal of loyalty points for members hasn’t helped. Previously they would have snapped these tickets up to make sure they got tickets for the big Prem games.
Not sure if that's true. I'm a member and go about 14/15 home games a season (can't make midweek games because of work) and last season and this season it's been easy to get tickets for any home game, days after they have gone on sale. A few years back in order to get a ticket for most games you had to get straight in on the ticketing page the second they went on sale, now it doesn't matter how big the team is (e.g. Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa this season) it's been easy to get tickets, sometimes with tickets available the evening before a game. I think demand is down in general, partly due to us being less successful than in the Nuno years, but I think mainly the cost of living crisis has hit hard. Plus travel is so difficult now. Quite a few of our fans (including season ticket holders) have to travel in a bit of a distance. Trains are ridiculously expensive and very unreliable, petrol is still really expensive and our roads are clogged and badly managed. Oh and ticket prices keep on creeping up and up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom