Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bees replay

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we appealed the Gomes red card?

There's no basis for appeal.

Was it a foul? Yes, no argument over that.

Could it have been a yellow? Maybe?

Did it pass the criteria for a red? i.e. Was it reckless, did it involve excessive force, or did it endanger the safety of an opponent?

On the basis that Norgaard couldn't continue, there's evidence to say the red was justified on the basis of endangering the safety of an opponent.

I've not got a major issue with Gomes being shown a red. The problem was inconsistency, as Damsgaard's stamp on Doyle was worse in my opinion, but went unpunished.

Unfortunately, Damsgaard's stamp on Doyle has no bearing on any appeal for Gomes's red.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Has there been any tickets made available for the North/Southbank, whenever I've looked only BW and Steve Bull have any seats

No, not until 8am Friday when the season ticket holder seats not already bought will be available for members. Then at midday on Friday they go to general sale. Be quick though, up until midday they're £18 for an adult. Afterwards they're £20.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Anyone think this will sell out?

I have me and my mates season ticket to get 2 but want to get my little brother (11) up there and don’t yet have a membership for him.

Am I right in thinking if I don’t reserve our season ticket seats by 8am Friday, I can use our season ticket numbers to buy other peoples seats who haven’t bought by 8am? I want to get steve bull upper seats so he has a full view of the pitch as my second row seat in the south bank can be an obscured view for a little one!

If this is right, would anyone be willing to lend a member/ season ticket number to allow me to book the three of us in together from 8am Friday before they go to general sale.

If not, I’ll chance my luck on the general sale!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Anyone think this will sell out?

I have me and my mates season ticket to get 2 but want to get my little brother (11) up there and don’t yet have a membership for him.

Am I right in thinking if I don’t reserve our season ticket seats by 8am Friday, I can use our season ticket numbers to buy other peoples seats who haven’t bought by 8am? I want to get steve bull upper seats so he has a full view of the pitch as my second row seat in the south bank can be an obscured view for a little one!

If this is right, would anyone be willing to lend a member/ season ticket number to allow me to book the three of us in together from 8am Friday before they go to general sale.

If not, I’ll chance my luck on the general sale!
Don't take my word for anything, but think you have to wait for 12 o'clock Friday to get 3. Obviously there's a lot riding on it now, but being an evening game and with the away fans in the quadrant I'm not at all sure it will sell out, but I'd be amazed if you can't buy 3 together at 12 o'clock Friday. Might have to go Steve Bull lower, but only the middle blocks have sold so far.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't take my word for anything, but think you have to wait for 12 o'clock Friday to get 3. Obviously there's a lot riding on it now, but being an evening game and with the away fans in the quadrant I'm not at all sure it will sell out, but I'd be amazed if you can't buy 3 together at 12 o'clock Friday. Might have to go Steve Bull lower, but only the middle blocks have sold so far.

Any idea of sales to date ?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Any idea of sales to date ?
At a guess I'd say we've sold about 1000 in the Bully lower. I don't think they've actually put the SW Corner on sale. The rest are just odd seats that aren't STH. I guess come 9 am tomorrow it will be clearer how many STH have taken up their seats for this (a large majority I'm sure).

Just btw I had a look at Brentford and they are selling upper quadrant tickets, so I wonder if we might also use the lower quadrant if they don't bring enough to use them? Potentially 30k Wolves fans in the ground.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At a guess I'd say we've sold about 1000 in the Bully lower. I don't think they've actually put the SW Corner on sale. The rest are just odd seats that aren't STH. I guess come 9 am tomorrow it will be clearer how many STH have taken up their seats for this (a large majority I'm sure).

Just btw I had a look at Brentford and they are selling upper quadrant tickets, so I wonder if we might also use the lower quadrant if they don't bring enough to use them? Potentially 30k Wolves fans in the ground.

Thanks a lot

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loads of tickets available for this this morning, I'd say about half of season ticket holders have purchased their tickets.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in the Albion end ...for the O'Hara game....but it was definitely undercover....
I did it as a 10 year old in the Rob Hindmarsh game but never trusted myself to go there as an adult in the home end.

I’ll obviously go if I can get a ticket but I’m torn with the emotions of it. I’d love a win there, but the thought of another loss there makes me feel sick to my stomach. So many horrible memories over the years on and off the pitch (the latter moreso). As a 19 year old me and my mates got battered outside for the Ndah leg break. We got a taxi up and it stopped on Halfords lane and we literally got ripped out of the taxi by a group of them (my one mate for some reason had colours on). I got smacked round the head by a copper with his riot shield under Mick because I wasn’t moving quick enough, despite someone a foot in front of me and last time I went resulting in another loss it was chucking down outside and I had an Ashley Young moment where a pigeon **** in my mouth. I really wish the last bit was made up.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did it as a 10 year old in the Rob Hindmarsh game but never trusted myself to go there as an adult in the home end.

I’ll obviously go if I can get a ticket but I’m torn with the emotions of it. I’d love a win there, but the thought of another loss there makes me feel sick to my stomach. So many horrible memories over the years on and off the pitch (the latter moreso). As a 19 year old me and my mates got battered outside for the Ndah leg break. We got a taxi up and it stopped on Halfords lane and we literally got ripped out of the taxi by a group of them (my one mate for some reason had colours on). I got smacked round the head by a copper with his riot shield under Mick because I wasn’t moving quick enough, despite someone a foot in front of me and last time I went resulting in another loss it was chucking down outside and I had an Ashley Young moment where a pigeon **** in my mouth. I really wish the last bit was made up.
I could tell plenty stories regarding the Albion lot....but it's not really the forum for it....

Mates of mine have been in court cases etc with them for various things, my best mate got 3 years in jail for an incident in Blackpool etc....But to be fair when my mate passed away , a few of Albion main faces turned up at his funeral,which at first was quite bizarre but they said 'we dont want trouble, we just want to pay our respects.....which I thought was very decent considering.....

But as I say things go back years ....it's just the way....'

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could tell plenty stories regarding the Albion lot....but it's not really the forum for it....

Mates of mine have been in court cases etc with them for various things, my best mate got 3 years in jail for an incident in Blackpool etc....But to be fair when my mate passed away , a few of Albion main faces turned up at his funeral,which at first was quite bizarre but they said 'we dont want trouble, we just want to pay our respects.....which I thought was very decent considering.....

But as say things go back years ....it's just the way....'
I’ve never got myself involved in anything like that. Since I’ve been 18 I’ve worked in a profession that means any criminal convictions and I’m out so always behaved myself. Been to 100s of away games with zero involvement apart from being pulled out of that taxi and then years later a copper hitting me with a shield. I’ve got a good mate who’s old bill, always turns down overtime for any games involving local derbies. They ship them in from South Wales (well they used to for games at the poorthornes)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve never got myself involved in anything like that. Since I’ve been 18 I’ve worked in a profession that means any criminal convictions and I’m out so always behaved myself. Been to 100s of away games with zero involvement apart from being pulled out of that taxi and then years later a copper hitting me with a shield. I’ve got a good mate who’s old bill, always turns down overtime for any games involving local derbies. They ship them in from South Wales (well they used to for games at the poorthornes)
I was never involved as much as some ...but quite a few mates were heavily and paid the consequences with jail sentence etc.....my brother was a copper so I always had to watch what I was doing and I had decent jobs so I didn't really fancy going to jail or missing going to the football....

But being of that era and knowing nearly all the faces around wolves , it wasn't easy to keep away from it....it's just the way football was in those days....70s, 80s and 90s , safety in numbers ...I certainly wouldn't have gone to the likes of Albion, blues , Stoke back in the day without a few around me ..no chance ...

I've said before I could write a book on the funny stories I've seen or been involved with around football etc.....people go on about football hooligans but most of them are decent lads , who like drink, work but get carried away at times at the football....but living in wolves it's difficult to avoid because most of ya grew up together and have known each other for 40 years .... so me take it to a different level granted , which I never really did....

It's just the way football was ....it's totally different in these days to be honest.....but regular things still do happen between say wolves and Albion.....it hasn't gone away....there was nearly a major incident around the u21 game last season that was adverted by the police last minute

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was never involved as much as some ...but quite a few mates were heavily and paid the consequences with jail sentence etc.....my brother was a copper so I always had to watch what I was doing and I had decent jobs so I didn't really fancy going to jail or missing going to the football....

But being of that era and knowing nearly all the faces around wolves , it wasn't easy to keep away from it....it's just the way football was in those days....70s, 80s and 90s , safety in numbers ...I certainly wouldn't have gone to the likes of Albion, blues , Stoke back in the day without a few around me ..no chance ...

I've said before I could write a book on the funny stories I've seen or been involved with around football etc.....people go on about football hooligans but most of them are decent lads , who like drink, work but get carried away at times at the football....but living in wolves it's difficult to avoid because most of ya grew up together and have known each other for 40 years .... so me take it to a different level granted , which I never really did....

It's just the way football was ....it's totally different in these days to be honest.....but regular things still do happen between say wolves and Albion.....it hasn't gone away....there was nearly a major incident around the u21 game last season that was adverted by the police last minute
I didn’t start going away until 96-97 when I was old enough to a) drink b) buy tickets so thankfully missed the worst of it. Plus my old man ran a pub for 40 years and hanging round there meant I got a bit of a sixth sense to trouble brewing so always managed to get out of potential situations before they escalated. In my mid 40s now and Mrs SBK would say I definitely go out too much still but I can sense a moody atmosphere from a million miles off. We were in my local (which is far far from being a rough pub) for the last England tournament and I said for one of the games “go and find a table outside” she asked why as all my mates were inside “because that bloke in the Albion shirt is going to get his head caved in and we’ve got the kids with us”, half time I was right lol

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t start going away until 96-97 when I was old enough to a) drink b) buy tickets so thankfully missed the worst of it. Plus my old man ran a pub for 40 years and hanging round there meant I got a bit of a sixth sense to trouble brewing so always managed to get out of potential situations before they escalated. In my mid 40s now and Mrs SBK would say I definitely go out too much still but I can sense a moody atmosphere from a million miles off. We were in my local (which is far far from being a rough pub) for the last England tournament and I said for one of the games “go and find a table outside” she asked why as all my mates were inside “because that bloke in the Albion shirt is going to get his head caved in and we’ve got the kids with us”, half time I was right lol
Sunday game in the 90s against the Albion.....early kick off ....was back in town about 6/7ish ..... Everybody was getting over excited , wem all going back over etc etc. ...Are you coming they kept saying..No , No , No....I'm aving me beer and going home in a bit......

Anyway about 15 jumped in taxis , went back over....I'm remember saying it a suicide mission, you will get killed.......cut a long story short one list his ear , bitten off by a Albion fan.....everytime I see him I say , that's why I didn't go .....dont fancy walking round looking like that the rest of me life....

Back
Top Bottom