Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bees in the Cup

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every season about this time I plead with Wolves, not that they listen to me, to play a full strength side in the 3rd round. The only chance of silverware for about 16/17 of the Prem sides is to win a Cup and unless you are under about 50 you will never have seen a Wolves capt raise an FA or League Cup aloft. We have never been in a better situation to go for it than this year, comfortable league position and not chasing promotion, so why not give it both barrels? I just hope GON shows some balls, gambles and plays pretty much the first X1; I'd certainly expect Neto to start and if he wants to change 1 or 2 things bring in say Bentley and give Doc and Doyle a run out. Imo there is no excuse this year to play kids/reserves as a Cup run could also be a spring-board to better performances in the League. You know it makes sense.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won’t have a full strength squad with players off to Asia Cup or AFCON. And at the back we may not have much choice but to play the best options.

Bentley
Doherty Kilman S Bueno Toti H Bueno
Doyle Hodge
Sarabia Fraser Bellegarde

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
There is nothing in the league to play for apart from finishing as high as possible, no relegation fears. So a cup run would be great, we’ve shown we can give any team a game and should fear no one. Go on Gary you know it makes sense

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford won’t be expecting a change so that’s what I would go with
Bentley
Kilman Bueno Toti
Doc Doyle Lemina Boubacar Bueno
Bellgarde
Sasa

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won’t have a full strength squad with players off to Asia Cup or AFCON. And at the back we may not have much choice but to play the best options.

Bentley
Doherty Kilman S Bueno Toti H Bueno
Doyle Hodge
Sarabia Fraser Bellegarde
Who will we have lost to these 2 competitions for the Bees game - Hwang, anyone else?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely no excuse whatsoever. No relegation fears, and, more importantly, five days rest before and 17 days after.

I will be livid if he chucks it, and I hope that Brentford are panicking and play an even more of a reserve side than last night.

He needs to be be bold and not play Bentley though. We could have our best 10 outfield players and still lose with him in goal.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Absolutely no excuse whatsoever. No relegation fears, and, more importantly, five days rest before and 17 days after.

I will be livid if he chucks it, and I hope that Brentford are panicking and play an even more of a reserve side than last night.

He needs to be be bold and not play Bentley though. We could have our best 10 outfield players and still lose with him in goal.

Agree with this. No excuses for messing around, play the strongest XI possible and give them hell.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good point about Bees. The nearer they are to the bottom the more likely they are to put kids/reserves in for the Cup game. We really have no excuses to play a weakened side for this game.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
nah.....let the young uns have a go against Brentford

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bentley
Mosquera Bueno Kilman
Doherty Doyle Gomes Bueno
Cunha Fraser Bellegarde

Mix it up

Last edited:

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we go strong and hopefully Brentford continue to struggle and end up going very week. Will Toney be back by then?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First team squad rotated otherwise strong as we head into Winter break.

Bentley
Kilman Bueno Toti
Doc Doyle Gomes Bueno
Neto Cunha Sarabia

Subs King Semedo Dawson Hodge Lemina Bellegarde Chirewa Enzo Fraser

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every season about this time I plead with Wolves, not that they listen to me, to play a full strength side in the 3rd round. The only chance of silverware for about 16/17 of the Prem sides is to win a Cup and unless you are under about 50 you will never have seen a Wolves capt raise an FA or League Cup aloft. We have never been in a better situation to go for it than this year, comfortable league position and not chasing promotion, so why not give it both barrels? I just hope GON shows some balls, gambles and plays pretty much the first X1; I'd certainly expect Neto to start and if he wants to change 1 or 2 things bring in say Bentley and give Doc and Doyle a run out. Imo there is no excuse this year to play kids/reserves as a Cup run could also be a spring-board to better performances in the League. You know it makes sense.
You mean "unless you are OVER about 50..." I am 75 and remember 1960, 1974 and 1980 clearly; people born only 50 years ago, on or after 1973, may remember 1980, but not 1960 or 1974.

I agree with what you meant! Go for it!

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Buzzing for this one

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score
You mean "unless you are OVER about 50..." I am 75 and remember 1960, 1974 and 1980 clearly; people born only 50 years ago, on or after 1973, may remember 1980, but not 1960 or 1974.

I agree with what you meant! Go for it!
You’re right.
I’m 70 next birthday and I’ve witnessed and enjoyed the 2 League Cups.
Unfortunately. I didn’t, ‘discover’ Wolves till 1964 when I moved to the midlands so missed out on 1960.
All I have to show for nearly 60 years of support is numerous semi-final defeats and losing 6-0 to the mighty Rotherham. Not to mention managing to lose to Chorley at the third attempt.
Surely, I’m due a change of fortune after nearly 60 years?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford won’t be expecting a change so that’s what I would go with
Bentley
Kilman Bueno Toti
Doc Doyle Lemina Boubacar Bueno
Bellgarde
Sasa
We lose Lemina and RAN for AFCON presumably, and Channy for Asia Cup

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything other than a really strong squad (like against both Blackpool and Ipswich in the League Cup) would be shocking.

There’s 6 and a bit days of rest after tomorrow and then 17 days till Brighton away after that.

And considering what we did to them on Wednesday, we should believe that we can do that again.

How we would all love another trip to Wembley on April 20th/21st and this is the starting point for it.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll be an opportunity to play all our new signings. ;)

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We Just need Collins to play

Back
Top Bottom