Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Beşiktaş linked with a move for Wolves defender Ronald Zubar

J

Jungleee

Cracking club. If he goes, I want a pre-season game against them. Few beers in Taksim Square and a trip down the Bosphorus sounds lovely!

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More of a Foley fan myself, Zubar never looked as though he could cope in the PL.

C

Craddockinho

I would take the money, he's injury prone, replaceable and on the final year of his current deal.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
€2mill is a good price to get rid of yet another McCarthy poor legacy

W

Woffles

I'd like to see what Stale can get out of Zubar. I'm hopeful there's a good footballer in there somewhere - maybe a move back to his original defensive midfield role would suit him.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see what Stale can get out of Zubar. I'm hopeful there's a good footballer in there somewhere - maybe a move back to his original defensive midfield role would suit him.

I agree. I think he will be a very good player in the championship as he is a very good athlete and gets up and down the flank far better than Foley. If he goes we are left with Foley, who was very poor last year and injury prone and the inexperienced Doherty.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Completely agree. We'd be stupid to let him go in my opinion. We should be looking to hold onto players like this.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zubar would be fantastic in the championship, without a doubt.

I think people have forgot we got relegated.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed.
In the Championship you'd expect us to be alot more attacking than in the Prem. Him and Kightly would be great down the right, Kightly loves to cut in and Zubar is always willing to overlap, would be a good combo.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Hope they snap him up. Time to ship out the rejects!

F

FLEET WOLF

Zubar would be fantastic in the championship, without a doubt.

I think people have forgot we got relegated.

I think he would be ok in the Championship, but at some stage we have to think about what we are to do if we go up next season-many of the players we have, plus additions, are good enough to get us up, but cannot go on to the next level, as they have proved. I am not sure the likes of Zubar are going to get any better.

W

WasStefan

I dont want to see him leave but for approx. £1.5million with 1 year left on his contract is a good deal for all involved.

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see Zubar in the championship, think he'd be fantastic.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zubar for me is the best right back at the club.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He isnt our best right back.

Care to share who is?? As said above, zubar struggled in some games and Foley struggled in virtually all at right back whilst in prem so zubes has him there. U must mean stearman is then! ;)

D

Deleted member 3545

Zubar may not fancy playing in the championship and would entertain a move abroad to futher his career

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Foley was immense in the championship so I wouldn't lose any sleep at all about him being there again if we could get decent money for zubar considering his contract situation but taking both their attributes into account zubar ticks better boxes than foley at prem level certainly so how he can then be deemed worse than him now we've dropped a league is quite frankly baffling!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zubar may not fancy playing in the championship and would entertain a move abroad to futher his career

He may not and if so ship him out. We don't want anyone who nots ready for a long and hard season slogging it out. Shame to see him go but at the level we are now at we have very good replacements.

D

Deleted member 3545

He may not and if so ship him out. We don't want anyone who nots ready for a long and hard season slogging it out. Shame to see him go but at the level we are now at we have very good replacements.

IMHO he will be off 12 months left on a contract that will be negotiated at a lesser rate due to being in the CCC if a new contract is offered now or Wolves can wind down his contract and let him leave on a free in the summer or try to negotiate a new contract with Zubar then risk losing him again on a free to a club who offers him a better deal.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMHO he will be off 12 months left on a contract that will be negotiated at a lesser rate due to being in the CCC if a new contract is offered now or Wolves can wind down his contract and let him leave on a free in the summer or try to negotiate a new contract with Zubar then risk losing him again on a free to a club who offers him a better deal.

Probably is best option then to off load, totally agree with you. As I say for the championship we have foley, Doherty that can be the main boys.

Strats

Reaction score
ANY player that 'wants out' or that the club are prepared to lose, should go asap, no point in planning for next season (or getting a player match fit) if that particular player wont be here after a few weeks or so.

Don't need any non dedicated attitudes around the club right now (or in the future). An unhappy player is a bad apple.

Back
Top Bottom