Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

bbc transfer frumours

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves to sell never to man Utd surely not

Hi Shepley I presume this is the Neves story? Haven’t looked because it’s all click bait which BBC put on a rumours page.... if so it started with Duncan Castles saying we’d sell Traore / Neto / Neves for right price, then some kid on a crap website wrote that Man U might be tempted by Neves following the other story

Snowballs because it’s now officially A THING ON THE INTERNET.

Would Fosun sell those three? Yes. Here you go -

Traore - 60m
Neto - 70/80m
Neves - 90m

Is Traore likely to go? I’d say the most probable because his contract situation has brought out a different side of him this season. He’s gone from smiley grateful son of Nuno to surly frustrated diva, a phenomenal talent but look at his reaction to the goal on Friday. I suspect he’s frustrated by his own form and maybe the club denied him a move in January. Either way we won’t pay the wages he wants

Neto? If someone pays that price then maybe he goes and Traore gets a better deal and stays for a bit, plus we sign reinforcements. But still my second choice to be sold

Neves? Can’t see it myself. Settled with young kids and a diligent but not spectacular season, in part because he’s had the sacrifice the eye catching stuff to run our midfield pretty much single handed. He is maturing into the player that Liverpool / Man U maybe even Man City might spend a LOT of money on in the next few years, but just now? Nah can’t see it, relax. So long as Nuno stays so will Ruben for now

I suspect that, with Covid and Fosun keeping a low profile in light of China situation, we are following the Leicester model of selling one prize asset for max value each year (Maguire 80m, Chilwell 50m). So yes our top players ARE up for sale as Duncan Castles, the genius, surmises. The more relevant questions are -

A) is anybody going to pay the money we’re asking? (Possibly)
B) will we sell more than one of those three) (I very much doubt it)

General conclusion:: Relax. We’re going to comfortably stay up in the top division for the third consecutive season, which for anyone over 30 years old is a MIRACLE. What’s more we have some exciting young talent starting to come through. I’m really happy with where we are after the last two years (the first which was phenomenal, the second in which we suffered)

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
French version of a rumour?
Continental ice lolly?
Right back for Brentford?

Brilliant. If it wasn’t for this pesky pandemic i would’ve spent my Sunday creating and then making millions from a frozen lolly called “Frumour: It’s a fruity rumour, haven’t you heard?” with catchy 1980s style TV ad voiceover from Ronnie Corbett. Or Pam Ayers

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most popular thread of the day thus far.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely fear Neves is off this summer.

I think in his mind he’ll be thinking “I’ve done my learning at a smaller club for 4 years, performed well, they can no longer match my ambition, and my best mate who isn’t as good at me is at Liverpool getting rave reviews and playing CL football, it’s time for me to move on”.

I’ll feel robbed of nearly 18 months of watching the best midfielder we’ve had in my lifetime play live due to this effing virus if that happens.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Shepley I presume this is the Neves story? Haven’t looked because it’s all click bait which BBC put on a rumours page.... if so it started with Duncan Castles saying we’d sell Traore / Neto / Neves for right price, then some kid on a crap website wrote that Man U might be tempted by Neves following the other story

Snowballs because it’s now officially A THING ON THE INTERNET.

Would Fosun sell those three? Yes. Here you go -

Traore - 60m
Neto - 70/80m
Neves - 90m

Is Traore likely to go? I’d say the most probable because his contract situation has brought out a different side of him this season. He’s gone from smiley grateful son of Nuno to surly frustrated diva, a phenomenal talent but look at his reaction to the goal on Friday. I suspect he’s frustrated by his own form and maybe the club denied him a move in January. Either way we won’t pay the wages he wants

Neto? If someone pays that price then maybe he goes and Traore gets a better deal and stays for a bit, plus we sign reinforcements. But still my second choice to be sold

Neves? Can’t see it myself. Settled with young kids and a diligent but not spectacular season, in part because he’s had the sacrifice the eye catching stuff to run our midfield pretty much single handed. He is maturing into the player that Liverpool / Man U maybe even Man City might spend a LOT of money on in the next few years, but just now? Nah can’t see it, relax. So long as Nuno stays so will Ruben for now

I suspect that, with Covid and Fosun keeping a low profile in light of China situation, we are following the Leicester model of selling one prize asset for max value each year (Maguire 80m, Chilwell 50m). So yes our top players ARE up for sale as Duncan Castles, the genius, surmises. The more relevant questions are -

A) is anybody going to pay the money we’re asking? (Possibly)
B) will we sell more than one of those three) (I very much doubt it)

General conclusion:: Relax. We’re going to comfortably stay up in the top division for the third consecutive season, which for anyone over 30 years old is a MIRACLE. What’s more we have some exciting young talent starting to come through. I’m really happy with where we are after the last two years (the first which was phenomenal, the second in which we suffered)
Adamas reaction to his goal was pretty much his standard one

Reactions: Ian

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think in his mind he’ll be thinking “I’ve done my learning at a smaller club for 4 years, performed well, they can no longer match my ambition, and my best mate who isn’t as good at me is at Liverpool getting rave reviews and playing CL football, it’s time for me to move on”.

I’ll feel robbed of nearly 18 months of watching the best midfielder we’ve had in my lifetime play live due to this effing virus if that happens.
This is the worry with the self sustaining club that it doesn’t match the ambition of the star players.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not going to happen. Fosun won’t sell for less than max value and who will pay that for Ruben at the moment?

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Brilliant. If it wasn’t for this pesky pandemic i would’ve spent my Sunday creating and then making millions from a frozen lolly called “Frumour: It’s a fruity rumour, haven’t you heard?” with catchy 1980s style TV ad voiceover from Ronnie Corbett. Or Pam Ayers
Ooh, Bananarama could sing the jingle “I heard a frumour”

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to happen. Fosun won’t sell for less than max value and who will pay that for Ruben at the moment?

I’m not so sure, not a dig at Fosun, but if a club tables a £40-50m bid in the summer I think we’ll be willing to sell based on the ominous financial position football clubs are in, that’s a 200% increase roughly on their investment - that’s the sort of figured the people above will be happy with. Happened with Jota...

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not so sure, not a dig at Fosun, but if a club tables a £40-50m bid in the summer I think we’ll be willing to sell based on the ominous financial position football clubs are in, that’s a 200% increase roughly on their investment - that’s the sort of figured the people above will be happy with. Happened with Jota...

And the difference between Jota last summer and neves this summer, is......

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For how many transfer windows have the "prophets of doom " told us Neves will be sold?
I know that the answer is every one since he joined, just making a point.
And one day they will be right but I suspect we have another season or 2 yet.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because sell to buy doesn’t scream ambition.

If only it were that simple. There are many levels of ‘buy to sell’ - I think we’re looking at Leicester model right now, to target top four over next 3-5yrs

I’m happy with that. Aren’t you?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For how many transfer windows have the "prophets of doom " told us Neves will be sold?
I know that the answer is every one since he joined, just making a point.
And one day they will be right but I suspect we have another season or 2 yet.

I don’t think it’s necessarily being a prophet of doom suggesting that this summer when you factor in the state of football finances that this could well be the window we cash in on our most valuable asset.

Both United and City, Liverpool to some extent too, are all in the hunt for a player who plays in his position.

I think we will see at least one of Neto, Traore or Neves sold in the next window.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s necessarily being a prophet of doom suggesting that this summer when you factor in the state of football finances that this could well be the window we cash in on our most valuable asset.

Both United and City, Liverpool to some extent too, are all in the hunt for a player who plays in his position.

I think we will see at least one of Neto, Traore or Neves sold in the next window.
Actually I think you're correct we will sell one of those 3 and probably Traore is most likely. I strongly suspect we will want to keep Neves and Neto in preference.

Back
Top Bottom