Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Barcelona Tickets

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to Barcelona and am weighing up options for tickets. There are a few sites with them available right now but the official site say that they normally release 7k c72 hours before the game.

Have been thinking that if we leave it until then and there aren't any available we might miss out on the tickets elsewhere.

Has anyone done this/got any advice?

Mods think I posted this in the wrong forum feel free to move if I have

Last edited by a moderator:

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We went last month for the Valencia game. Bought 8 tickets on seatwave for about 80 quid each.

Had to pick them up from a really dodgy backstreet bar, and they looked like photocopies but we got in!

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went last year,booked the tickets from the official website 2 months before the game,you print them out yourself and they scan the barcode at the ground.They only had 62,000 last night so shouldn't be a problem getting tickets if they have changed the online system,unless you are trying to get them for the Real game,£500+ at the moment.

A

Apocalypse Now

I have read something recently which says you can pretty much guarantee getting tickets on the day.

Reaction score
Held my nerve and managed to get tickets on line tonight - thanks for the advice chaps. A lot cheaper than the ticket exchange sites.

Am planning to do the stadium tour - can anyone tell me how long it lasts/and any tips.

Also what is transport like after the game e.g. is there public transport away from the ground towards hotels etc.

B

Battleship

Am planning to do the stadium tour - can anyone tell me how long it lasts/and any tips.
I remember it being shorter than expected - well under an hour IIRC - but that was well over 10 years ago. It is also possible that I may have had a "quick cheap" version rather than a "full" version. The only parts I really remember are the trophies and the stadium itself - which is quite magnificent IMO.

B

Battleship

The "multimedia centre" device wasn't there when I went - but it looks similar to the one at the National Space Centre in Leicester, which is a horizontal whiteboard with 6 separate projectors, giving 6 different "screens" on the board. In the case of the Space Centre, you can touch on one of several different icons on your screen, and each one will play a different short video on a space related theme. You can then "press" on another icon to play it again, or a different one to return to the main menu. Each "screen" also has a sound hood over it so that you can hear the soundtrack comfortably without disturbing other users very much.

So basically, a horizontal whiteboard used as 6 different touchscreen tablet computers!

S

Shifnal Wolf

Held my nerve and managed to get tickets on line tonight - thanks for the advice chaps. A lot cheaper than the ticket exchange sites.

Also what is transport like after the game e.g. is there public transport away from the ground towards hotels etc.

There is a metro which isn't far from the ground and goes back into the centre of Barcelona. I used that when saw Barca vs Celtic a few years back (in that game, Messi did get injured after 35 mins) but although busy, it's not uncomfortable and is pretty quick

UEAwolf

Reaction score
I thought the stadium tour was very poor - you'd be better off taking in the numerous other cultural attractions the city has to offer, especially considering you are going to a match anyway!

B

Battleship

I thought the stadium tour was very poor - you'd be better off taking in the numerous other cultural attractions the city has to offer, especially considering you are going to a match anyway!
+1 - much better put than my first post! :top:

Reaction score

Ta, got three days there and are planning to do the sites as well, heard there's a hop on and off tour bus that's good for that.

Who needs trip advisor or lonely planet guides eh?

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tour bus essentially starts and finishes at Placa Catalunya although you can get on and off at various stops. I would imagine that the queues shouldn't be too bad at this time of the year. There is an underground Information Centre in the Square opposite Els Cortes Ingles (department store) where you can purchase your tickets in advance.

http://www.partner.viator.com/en/71...celona-City-Hop-on-Hop-off-Tour/d562-2512BBUS

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Definitely do the stadium tour, especially if you have 3 days there. Me personally, I'd rather have my picture taken next to Messi's two golden Ballon d'Ors than standing in front of one of Gaudi's pieces of work! But that's just me.

You walk through it at your own pace.

Transport was difficult after the game. We went into a small cafe thinking we would let the traffic die down then grab a taxi. We were still trying to flag one down at 2am, with plenty of others still trying to do the same. So don't do that!

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If taking in the stadium tour,do it the day before the game as on match day quite a bit of the tour is closed off for obvious reasons.The tour can last as long as you like as you go round a marked route but on your own,no groups or guides.
Metro system was very good after the match,found it a lot better than London,but if staying around the centre take a nice stroll back,loads of lovely bars on the way back.

Back
Top Bottom