Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Barca's troubles might not all be financial

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
News has broken today that Barcelona are being investigated for payments from 2016-2018 of EUR 1.4m to Enriquez Negreira's company, who was the vice president of the refereeing committee for the Spanish FA at the time.

The Athletic

Of course, clubs hiring ex-referees for specific roles or to advise on a particular issue isn't new (and quite common in Spain), but this is secret/undeclared payments to someone in an active, high-powered role at the Spanish FA.

It has only come to light because Enriquez Negreira's being investigated for the payments by the Spanish prosecutors office for 'corruption between individuals'. Payments stopped after 2018 when the Spanish FA's board changed and Enriquez Negreira was replaced.

Barcelona denies any impropriety (obv) but at very best it looks like an egregious conflict of interest for Enriquez Negreira to both be providing reports on refereeing to Barcelona (for a very high fee) whilst also influencing refereeing appointments.

Lots more to come on this...

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, in Spain, corruption investigations go on for years and then often get thrown out or are archived. This could go further though, as Barca is a dirty word in Spain, since the ilegal referendum, for Catalonia to break away from Spain.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money to pay for referees, but none to pay players wages.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money to pay for referees, but none to pay players wages.

They've got caught up with the whole, "but we're Barcelona!" arrogance and completely lost sight of what's right and wrong.

They'll probably be asking for players to pay them to play for them soon.

Probably justifying any corruption to themselves on the basis that the World needs Barcelona to be successful, so we were helping the World.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The latest news about this scandal, is that the vice president of the Spanish referee association, until 2018, sent a fax to the Barcelona president, saying, " if you don't pay in to my private company, a sum of money, that he was going to release information that would incriminate Barcelona.

On tonight's Spanish news, Barca have said they were paying the Vice president of the referees, because they wanted the referees to be neutral.
You couldn't make it up!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even the King was at it, (I'm not sure why I added the word 'Even')

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does he have the VAR camera from Anfield? Can he return it for Wednesday?

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Real Madrid refuse to vote, for Barca to be investigated. Most people here, think that Real Madrid will have done similar to Barca. Going by how the referees favor Real Madrid and to lesser extent Barca, it would not be surprising.

Why does your post not surprise me.... Barca are bound to ask for other clubs to be probed too....

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Real Madrid refuse to vote, for Barca to be investigated. Most people here, think that Real Madrid will have done similar to Barca. Going by how the referees favor Real Madrid and to lesser extent Barca, it would not be surprising.

Whats funny is how a few numpties here go on denying the possibility of corruption in the UK, even with this scandal coming to light.

T

TheConcourse

Whats funny is how a few numpties here go on denying the possibility of corruption in the UK, even with this scandal coming to light.
Exactly. The answers stare us in the face on a weekly basis.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does your post not surprise me.... Barca are bound to ask for other clubs to be probed too....

Well, it was taking about 8 years, for many corruption cases to get to court, before the judicial strike here in Spain, so this case will go on for years. Then like most influential people caught up in corruption, over here, they end up having their cases archived and not being prosecuted.

Last edited:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some very pertinent questions being asked here;

Also, if everything was clean and above board (as is being claimed) why did Barca need to make the payments from 'a company owned by a now deceased club director' to 'a company owned by Negreira' rather than directly from club to Negreira ?

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What is to stop this from happening over here?
Is uk football ran in a way where every decision is transparent? Hell no.
I'm still waiting for the scandals over here.
The whole World is now corrupt, not just in sport but Politics, Banking, Charities, Police, Royalty, Sandwell, etc etc Money is King, not morals like we are told to live by, Always has been but now just blatant, I'm still living by morals, Vote for the Chignal One.
did I forget religion. not just for money either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom