Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Banners and Flags

S

Sharples

Next season Im eyeing up a little banner or flag to add to this festive feel I think Wolves fans will go with next season. Anyone know of any decent websites knocking about that do banners etc.

Also, why dont people wear scarfs to games anymore?! Been having a debate in the office today. The tradition has fallen out of football, bar the odd club!!

JEVS WWFC 1877

Reaction score
£10 for a scarf says it all to me. The one team that stands out for scarfs has to be Liverpool, it seemed every fan had one vs Arsenal in the Champs League.

S

Sharples

You dont have to buy one at the club shop. Plenty of unofficial suppliers, as long as its gold n black it shouldn't matter surely...

E

Edgmond Wolf

Liverpools Kop End always looks good when they start. I like the scarfs out and the mass of colour.

I like it when its warm because there is more of the Old Gold on show

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be nice if the club would let flags in for the last remaining games to increase the atmos.

I always wear a scarf but not new ones, mine are 30 years old +

E

Edgmond Wolf

Would be nice if the club would let flags in for the last remaining games to increase the atmos.

I always wear a scarf but not new ones, mine are 30 years old +

My lads always moan at my old scarf but still wear it with pride

D

Dewsburywolf

Yorkshire Wolves have a massive (6ft by12ft) St. George's Cross Flag but the club won't let us bring it in the Ground cos they say it'll cover the Advertising Hoardings. Says all you need to know really.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Yorkshire Wolves have a massive (6ft by12ft) St. George's Cross Flag but the club won't let us bring it in the Ground cos they say it'll cover the Advertising Hoardings. Says all you need to know really.

Miserable buggers. I am sure there were some flags in the North Bank on Tuesday drapped over the fence between stand and track??

Bring it on Saturday and smuggle it in I am sure we can find a place for it in the South Bank ;)

D

Dewsburywolf

Miserable buggers. I am sure there were some flags in the North Bank on Tuesday drapped over the fence between stand and track??

Bring it on Saturday and smuggle it in I am sure we can find a place for it in the South Bank ;)

It's the South Bank where I've tried to put it in the past (I'm S3 Row CC) but the Stewards made me sit with it on my lap. You tend to see a Stoke Wolves flag in the North Bank from time to time which always riles me. I tried asking Rachael Heyhoe-Flint to have a word but got no joy there either.

We are a Wolves Affiliated Supporters Club but it still doesn't seem to hold any ice with the Jobsworths.

H

HSV Wolf

Agreed.....English grounds with probably the exception of Liverpool are completeley void of colur, flags, banners and the feeling that you are at a major sporting event.....

remember a few seasons ago took a couple of Hamburg fans up the Mol' and they commented "Where are the flags"....If you've ever been to a Bundesliga game or even lower down at St Pauli you'll know what i mean (go on Youtube and punch in Frankfurt fans)....HSV even have club sponsored flags handed and a geezer in an elevated platform in front of the 'West Curve' half hour before the match with a megaphone whipping the crowd up......Atmosphere is incredible and total blanket of colour

Would love to see this here but we're British and just don't do that sort of thing

D

Dewsburywolf

Would love to see this here but we're British and just don't do that sort of thing

Hey I think you've cracked it as to why they won't let me bring the Yorkshire Wolves flag in. Like I said it's a St. George's Flag, can't be having Patrotic stuff can we? :rolleyes:

S

Space Wolf

Agreed.....English grounds with probably the exception of Liverpool are completeley void of colur, flags, banners and the feeling that you are at a major sporting event.....

remember a few seasons ago took a couple of Hamburg fans up the Mol' and they commented "Where are the flags"....If you've ever been to a Bundesliga game or even lower down at St Pauli you'll know what i mean (go on Youtube and punch in Frankfurt fans)....HSV even have club sponsored flags handed and a geezer in an elevated platform in front of the 'West Curve' half hour before the match with a megaphone whipping the crowd up......Atmosphere is incredible and total blanket of colour

There's a perfect place in the South Bank to hang a big banner or banners as well. Over by SL1 and SL2 there's the walkway, I'm sure people will know what I mean.

Stick the banners up there and they won't get in the way of anyone. I've seen a few banners hanging from there before.

Would love to see people standing at the bottom of the South Bank directing everyone in the way the Ultras do but as you say, it'll never happen.

306NOTOUT

Me and Denmead sit on the back row of the South Bank, right next to where the away fans would sit.

Perhaps we could look into something to go above our heads on the back of the stand?

"South Bank 12th man"

E

Edgmond Wolf

There's a perfect place in the South Bank to hang a big banner or banners as well. Over by SL1 and SL2 there's the walkway, I'm sure people will know what I mean.

Stick the banners up there and they won't get in the way of anyone. I've seen a few banners hanging from there before.

Would love to see people standing at the bottom of the South Bank directing everyone in the way the Ultras do but as you say, it'll never happen.

I am sure banners have hung there before?

E

Edgmond Wolf

It's the South Bank where I've tried to put it in the past (I'm S3 Row CC) but the Stewards made me sit with it on my lap. You tend to see a Stoke Wolves flag in the North Bank from time to time which always riles me. I tried asking Rachael Heyhoe-Flint to have a word but got no joy there either.

We are a Wolves Affiliated Supporters Club but it still doesn't seem to hold any ice with the Jobsworths.

I am row F.

It is about time that Wolves recognised that the South Bank is where the support starts. The songs originate here, always have. I have been going since I was 8 that is more than 40 years South Bank has always been the heart of the Mol. Wolves need to listen to the fans and let banners in just like they do at the kop

P

Paul76

I Would love to see people standing at the bottom of the South Bank directing everyone in the way the Ultras do but as you say, it'll never happen.

I couldn't be doing with the megaphone man. I find It quite irritating.

theinvisibleman

Administrator
Reaction score
I offered to get a Molineux Mix banner/flag to be taken to away matches last season, with no takers. This sounds like something for a parliament meeting as well..

306NOTOUT

Just had a Google and for a 30ft x 4ft you are looking at between £150 and £180. But maybe we could get some sponsorship from Chaucers or Birmingham Midshires?

D

Dewsburywolf

Just had a Google and for a 30ft x 4ft you are looking at between £150 and £180. But maybe we could get some sponsorship from Chaucers or Birmingham Midshires?

Like I said ours is 12 ft by 6 ft (quite a size considering) St. George's Cross with Yorkshire Wolves accross the middle and cost us about £50 5 years back. Depends how big you want it I suppose.

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't put banners over advertising & section signs (H&S). Maybe we can ask the club to put the banners in the unfilled corners.

Liverpool have special banner/flag match days which are wonderful.

Be great if we could get a massive and I mean massive South Bank banner. I would put some money towards it but don't want the hassle of keeping/looking after it.

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here is a banner I had made for the Poorthorns play-off semi final last year. Measures 12ft x 4ft.

wolvesbanner003s.jpg

S

shafted wolf

in the sherpa van trophy final we had a 20 by 6 foot gold flag with
LETS $$$$$$!! IN big black letters. dont think that would be welcome somehow!

D

Dewsburywolf

Why so proud of London Wolves?

Stop taking the $$$$. I'm proud of London Wolves and I aren't even a Member. I don't think you want to mess with these boys. There's bleeding scores of em, over 150 I believe. Sound bunch of guys the ones I've met. (including LW, not that I've ever met him sober) :rolleyes:

D

Dewsburywolf

So back to the flag. What are we gonna have on it, providing we get permission to hang it up?

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why so proud of London Wolves?

Do I really have to explain?

The previous banner at a wolves play-off semi final read "You've let us down again!" "Gornal Wolves." I don't think Gornal Wolves let anybody down apart from themselves.

R

rathmineswolf

300 London Wolves. Does anyone remember when they used to walk from the enclosure into the north bank back in the late 60s to chants of, "London Wolves."

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We used to get in free in those days. Then there were too many of us so we thought we had better start paying.

Back
Top Bottom