Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Balls Up In The South Bank

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get your point but on the other hand as prices go up people expect the standards to. Club treat us like customers so many will act like customers.

It was not deliberate. It was just a **** up. These things happen and it will be rectified I am sure. But the default status of far too many wolves fans is now to get on the internet and throw mud at the club at every opportunity. The club are really trying to make something special on and off the field. The original poster has a valid point to be ****ed off and should report to the club. The following poster saying “just another example of standards slipping at the club. Shambolic” is just a ****ing moron.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
It was not deliberate. It was just a **** up. These things happen and it will be rectified I am sure. But the default status of far too many wolves fans is now to get on the internet and throw mud at the club at every opportunity. The club are really trying to make something special on and off the field. The original poster has a valid point to be ****ed off and should report to the club. The following poster saying “just another example of standards slipping at the club. Shambolic” is just a ****ing moron.
The problem was we were all fine and knew it would get sorted out for the next game, were causing no harm when the stewards decided to make a complete mess of the situation for no reason. We asked people behind us if they were okay and they were fine. That and entrusting some simple row numbering to half soaked volunteers was the problem.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem was we were all fine and knew it would get sorted out for the next game, were causing no harm when the stewards decided to make a complete mess of the situation for no reason. We asked people behind us if they were okay and they were fine. That and entrusting some simple row numbering to half soaked volunteers was the problem.

Your point is totally valid and you should be annoyed. I also would expect the stewards to be accommodating but let’s face facts.... for decent number of our stewards putting on the hi-vis jacket is the only time in their entire lives they get to tell anyone what to do. They are not the most creative thinkers so did not know what to do either.

Sorry the game was ****ed up for you.

D

Deleted member 4453

In all honesty that guys the same mug who posts drivel on every thread of this forum, whether it this issue or transfers.

Most will offer an opinion on what they think is wrong or right, but I'm sure they appreciate the effort the club's going to at the same time.

FB908

Reaction score
I'm in row HH and stayed in my regular seat regardless, however, I saw you guys on the platform and thought you had come up with a pragmatic solution. You should have been left where you was as it wasn't causing an issue. Very poor stewarding by all those responsible.

P

paddy

Same staff in the Fam enclosure

Our seats were not screwed and fell apart.

No dramas

No fits or tantrums

Steward made a note and will get it sorted for season kick off

WAW

Reaction score
I'm in row HH and stayed in my regular seat regardless, however, I saw you guys on the platform and thought you had come up with a pragmatic solution. You should have been left where you was as it wasn't causing an issue. Very poor stewarding by all those responsible.
Thanks, have sent a considered email to the club this morning will post what I can when I have a response.

FB908

Reaction score
Thanks, have sent a considered email to the club this morning will post what I can when I have a response.
As a side note, I got into the ground early yesterday which I never really do and saw the problem straight away. I raised the issue with two separate stewards explaining the problem and what the results would be if they didn't act. I was told "you have a seat so I don't know what your bothered about". The rows could have been reassigned easily, but re-arranging the ppl more difficult but still achievable 30 mins before KO. Once it's full then there's no chance, as we saw.

Reaction score
As a side note, I got into the ground early yesterday which I never really do and saw the problem straight away. I raised the issue with two separate stewards explaining the problem and what the results would be if they didn't act. I was told "you have a seat so I don't know what your bothered about". The rows could have been reassigned easily, but re-arranging the ppl more difficult but still achievable 30 mins before KO. Once it's full then there's no chance, as we saw.
Doesn't surprise me at all, they just seemed to had the attitude that the supporters would have to like it or lump it as it was too much effort for them. When we did resolve it they didn't like it.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loads of new stewards last night who were unfamiliar with stand layouts and entry procedures.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely no ****ing way,I like standing by the people I have there now.I don't want to start looking for somewhere to stand.:(

W

WasStefan

First come first serve . Scrap rows and seats .

Would get people in the ground earlier too.

Wish they would turn off that **** music so you can build the atmosphere before kick off
Yeah bright lights is **** hate it

loopy lupine

Reaction score

Wish they would turn off that **** music so you can build the atmosphere before kick off

I'm guessing you don't remember standing terraces. Roker park (when Geoff Thomas scored his wonder goal only to get kneecapped 10minutes later) got there a couple fo hours before kick off stood right bang in the middle of the terrace, wonderful spot, come kick off I was in the upper corner!!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won’t be long until someone cracks their head on one of those metal poles and dies .

Nothing safe about it
That's the most dramatic nonsense I've ever read. I'll have a wager that no one will die

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry to here about peeps problems off the pitch..

On the pitch we had 30 shots at goal last night, majority way off target so.. More balls up in the South Bank :D

One of the Crusaders hoofed a clearance it into the Billy Wright upper too. Been a while since that happened.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No Laurie, no accountability. Need a new boss in quickly, on the non-footballing side.

This is true. Laurie's twitter would be full of negative comments about the seating and catering. He would already have acknowledged the issues and be handing out *******ings.

Jeff currently has his hands full with transfer dealings so presumably there is a bit of a power vacuum regarding stadium operations.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You say that but were you there when we used to have this. **** dribbling down terrace, some bloke falling over when something slightly exciting happened. Was fun at times but also abit ****

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any photos off this platform it sounds a hoot!

So the issue was the seat numbering was wrong or were there no enough seats?

ladywolf

Reaction score
No Laurie, no accountability. Need a new boss in quickly, on the non-footballing side.
I’m considering sending my CV in to Jeff. I’ll get decent beer and spirits in and plenty of staff to serve it. I’d sort the seating issue, ticket office and whatever else you want! I’d also make sure the strips decent too :) and get a move on with the redevelopment... it can’t be that hard can it ;)

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't give a monkeys about fans at half time. Give 'Em a cup of cha and a slice of orange (charge 'em for it though)!

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm guessing you don't remember standing terraces. Roker park (when Geoff Thomas scored his wonder goal only to get kneecapped 10minutes later) got there a couple fo hours before kick off stood right bang in the middle of the terrace, wonderful spot, come kick off I was in the upper corner!!
Remember them fondly. Feel sorry for these modern ultra Wolves fans who have been campaigning for safe standing who will soon realise that the rails kill all notion of what a terrace was like. Terracing for me was turning up with 20 odd mates, finding a decent spot together, watching Bully score a goal whilst surging down the South Bank, and then spending ten minutes trying to find your 20 mates. What you got now - a rail to rest on and an argument with a steward because your specific spot is taken up. It’s not a terrace.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets just poach a stadium manager from a club that has a good one.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loads of new stewards last night who were unfamiliar with stand layouts and entry procedures.

I guess you could say it's the earliest competitive match we've played for many many years and Wolves may have been surprised by a capacity attendance against a team of part-timers, during the school holidays, when we're not meant to play our first proper competitive home match for another 3 weeks.

Work isn't finished, they winged it a little, we got through it, nobody died etc...

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any photos off this platform it sounds a hoot!
So the issue was the seat numbering was wrong or were there no enough seats?

A speeded up video would be great, with the Benny Hill music playing over the top.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m considering sending my CV in to Jeff. I’ll get decent beer and spirits in and plenty of staff to serve it. I’d sort the seating issue, ticket office and whatever else you want! I’d also make sure the strips decent too :) and get a move on with the redevelopment... it can’t be that hard can it ;)
Yep, but aswell as sorting ticket office, seating, catering, redevelopment, strip and staffing problems- will you pick the tab up in the HogsHead on matchdays?

Last edited:

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Response from Wolves:

This situation was immediately picked up on by Steve and the operations team. Upon investigation it appeared that the temporary row indicators were detailed incorrectly and included a row I and a row O which we don’t have in the seating plan. This gave the impression 2 rows were missing.

This did create some confusion at the game, which is understandable, however everything was monitored by CCTV to ensure there was no safety risk. We apologise for any inconvenience caused but thankfully most fans were able to watch the game without any delay. We will of course ensure that the contractor rectifies this ahead of the game next game at Molineux.

Reaction score
Response from Wolves:

This situation was immediately picked up on by Steve and the operations team. Upon investigation it appeared that the temporary row indicators were detailed incorrectly and included a row I and a row O which we don’t have in the seating plan. This gave the impression 2 rows were missing.

This did create some confusion at the game, which is understandable, however everything was monitored by CCTV to ensure there was no safety risk. We apologise for any inconvenience caused but thankfully most fans were able to watch the game without any delay. We will of course ensure that the contractor rectifies this ahead of the game next game at Molineux.
I got the near enough same email though it is being forwarded onto the operations team for further investigation. Replied pointing out that they hadn't respond to a number of my points and looked forward to their more personalised follow up. No offer of a refund of any kind for our rows (I only asked for rows x & y to be refunded).

Incidentally they do intend the platform to be used for disabled fans. Can't for the life of me see how they'll organise access. Just getting in and out normally will be problematic never mind in the event of an emergency.

Reaction score
Just want to "top and tail" this thread having met with the Head of Op's and Dave the Supporter Liaison Officer on Tuesday.

Firstly want to say thanks to both Steve and Dave for making the effort to meet me, this was their preference and meant a lot that it was that important that they wanted to meet up the night before we seperatley headed out to Turin. (good to see Dave in the square in Turin also).

The meeting took place in the control room at the back of the South Bank. We went through the events of the evening and they were very apologetic regarding the row numbering error and at no point tried to put any blame on us.

We went through the event log and the video (was impressed by the camera's the ability to zoom in and tell the time from your watch was particularly impressive).

They became aware there was a congestion issue on our row just before kick off and showed how they were trying to counter it. Despite us believing we had a perfectly reasonable solution Steve pointed to the fact that without the signed off safety certificate for the disabled platform any of us falling off would get the club into serious trouble. They showed how they managed the situation of us doubling up on the row and how that was a much lower risk.

Steve also acknowledged that sometimes some stewards will over-step the mark in certain situations and they will feedback to those involved.

I've got to say it was a reasonable discussion and I acknowledged that with us fans being so emotionally invested in the match that small things can mean more to us than they would in any other situation.

Chatted about a lot more, including Steve's relief at reading FB and The Mix on Monday night and seeing no negative comments.

Saw some interesting stuff and suggested a short video showing how they manage match days would be the kind of thing us fans would lap up and give us a bit of insight into what they have to put up with. I promised to give balanced feedback to all involved and to this board, sorry it's taken nearly a week, was pretty busy the last few days.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had a jobsworth steward in the steve bull j8/9 area trying to sit everyone down on monday night. It was making for a volatile situation before he eventually walked off.

I understand the club are trying to comply with safert requirements but this is a case of rules making things less safe and aggravating a volatile crowd.

We always stand at the back and that's not going to change.

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We had a jobsworth steward in the steve bull j8/9 area trying to sit everyone down on monday night. It was making for a volatile situation before he eventually walked off.

I understand the club are trying to comply with safert requirements but this is a case of rules making things less safe and aggravating a volatile crowd.

We always stand at the back and that's not going to change.

Jobsworth? Or just trying to carry out the instructions he had been given?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jobsworth? Or just trying to carry out the instructions he had been given?

As I indicated above, jobsworth. Whilst I understand what's going on, a steward also has to read situations and act accordingly as you know.

What you don't do is rile up supporters and create inflammatory situations where none existed.

Back
Top Bottom