Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bale - best player in the Division?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched Bale score a great individual 2nd goal to put the match beyond Norwich - good for us but what a player. Have a look at Adebyor (sp) run wide to allow Bale to race through the middle. Watching this fantastic Spurs side take Norwich apart shows the gulf between them and us. They pass and move, create triangles, players run off the ball to create space for others and there is always 2 or 3 options for the player on the ball. The fbs play as wingers and cover is automatically provided by others . The fluidity reminds me of Cruff's Holland side of the 70s - as near to total football as you can get and something for us to aspire to?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My word....
You're watching too?!!!!! I just don't know what position he's playing - is he a winger or midfielder, he then pops up as a cf to score the 1st goal and covers at fb a minute later. His pace is frightening. Great to watch and giving Norwich a football lesson.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I could name a few who have been better than him this season. So, no.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is certainly in the top 10 with ease, has for Spurs, they will finish 3rd behind the 2 manchester clubs IMO.

They play the most attractive football in the prem by a country mile and by not spending billions, a club for everyone to aspire to be like. (although having a large fan base and positioned in London does help)
If there is a footballing god they will win the league.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Go on then

Silva, Aguero and Van Persie, different players perhaps, but i'd have them in the Wolves team over Bale based on performances so far this season. Just answering the thread title like.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A total joy to watch. The ball never leaves the floor, pace, movement, fluidity. Don't we play them soon?!!!!!

S

SimplyTheWolves

An absolute genius, in passing, ball control, movement, off the ball positioning, pace and understanding of the game. Without doubt a true footballing legend.

But anyway that’s enough about me, what’s this thread about. :confused:

L

Lukericho

i'd say he's up there, with Silva Rvp but i tell u what kyle walker was impressing today

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva is the best player in the division at the moment, easily.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bale is a class act and is finally deserving of the praise this season (unlike last season).

His pace is frightening and he's adding goals to his game too which is a major plus for Spurs.

But he's got a way to go before he's considered the best in the division.

Silva, RVP, Modric, Mata & Yaya Toure have all been class this season and are probably the best players in the division at the moment.

I've said all along though that Spurs have the 2nd best midfield in the PL. Superb passing and movement & all inter-change superbly with each other.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you're doing.

It bugs the $$$$ out of me, too.
Please do not read anything into this but has RW managed - he was assstant at Chelsea i think? He was a great player, he's erudite and he's been around the top of the game for a long time.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Not the best player in the World, but sensational in what he does, never the less. Utter quality.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NNW - He talks a lot of sense but I don't like that verbal crutch that he leans on.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to me most of the top quality players in the Prem are attackers/attacking mf - Aguero, Silva, de Vaart, Suarez, Matta, Nasri, Modric, Nani, Van Persi, Hernandez. Pretty depressing - not 1 Englishman and even Bale's bloody Welsh!!!!! Also most of them are quite small in build?

J

johnybig32

Rooney has again, been pretty consistent and very good IMO.

L

Lukericho

to be fair to bale he would make every team bar from maybe barcelona and maybe real madrid.. one thing you gotta notice is his consistency

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please do not read anything into this but has RW managed - he was assstant at Chelsea i think? He was a great player, he's erudite and he's been around the top of the game for a long time.

He managed QPR for sure and I don't recall him doing a particularly good job.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the best player in the World, but sensational in what he does, never the less. Utter quality.

Pretty much a sure fire ready replacement for Ryan Giggs at Manchester United when he retires, in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 3751

I wouldn't say he's the best player at Tottenham, I'd give that to Modric. Others have been mentioned, Aguero, Van Persie, Rooney, Tevez (even though he's a $$$$) and the best of the lot at the minute is Silva.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to me most of the top quality players in the Prem are attackers/attacking mf - Aguero, Silva, de Vaart, Suarez, Matta, Nasri, Modric, Nani, Van Persi, Hernandez. Pretty depressing - not 1 Englishman and even Bale's bloody Welsh!!!!! Also most of them are quite small in build?

I'd take Rooney over a lot of them

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name Citys 4 players please..

2 maybe, but 4 ? Really ?
Aguero, Silva, Tevez, Kompany (defenders do count) and I'd say Nasri, Dzeko & Balotelli (People forget his age) are all on a similar level atleast.

Then you've got VDV and Modric at spurs maybe even Adebyor.

RVP at Arsenal, Rooney, Nani & Vidic at Utd, Mata & Cole at Chelsea, Suarez & Gerrard at Liverpool.

And thats without even mentioning the likes of Drogba & Torres who have been poor lately but are still very good players.

J

johnybig32

Rooney behind Fletcher would be awesome...

Sort it out Jez lol

UEAwolf

Reaction score
I know what you're doing.

It bugs the $$$$ out of me, too.

Fair comment.

Seriously, I think Ray Wilkins is Sky's best analyst by some distance. At least he can string a coherent sentence together.

J

johnybig32

Wish he was part of our management team....that would make me go "my word!"

H

Henry's Tackle

My word, what a splendid young man young Gareth is.

Good old Ray. He said "My Word" 16 times during the Spurs match, I think that's a new record.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
..And if any young kids watching, take note.

Back
Top Bottom