Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Away STs

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically paying £60 for Brentford and Bournemouth and hopefully being able to claw a bit back on advance rail tickets (not that there seems to be many of those around lately).

Also nice to have first dibs on seats, especially for the likes of Palace and Everton.
Fair enough, but isn't it paying 60 plus ticket costs and wasn't it only Gold AST guaranteed a ticket at Bournemouth?

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should we be content with gradual year-on-year rises for away tickets, let alone a 33% rise in one go to £40 for example?

With how expensive travel is these days be it train tickets, petrol etc. Anything above £30 for an away ticket is a bit dissapointing... (& yes I know that they were never capped in the championship!). Without spiraling into a completely different debate, it seems for the general majority, everything seems to be rising over the last few years apart from what you take home each month :oops:
So everything except away football tickets can go up? Unfortunately that is the sort of attitude that almost guarantees that the scheme will not be renewed.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fai enough, but isn't it paying 60 plus ticket costs and wasn't it only Gold AST guaranteed a ticket at Bournemouth?
Yeah I think only gold tickets were guaranteed for Bournemouth, although it would be interesting to know how many AST’s there are now. I’m sure there were more than a few that wouldn’t have renewed last year, and same this. Got to get to the point soon where they lump everyone as one.

To be honest, I don’t see why they don’t just scrap it altogether if that’s the way they want to go. Guess it’s 90k for nothing though.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why should we be content with gradual year-on-year rises for away tickets, let alone a 33% rise in one go to £40 for example?

With how expensive travel is these days be it train tickets, petrol etc. Anything above £30 for an away ticket is a bit dissapointing... (& yes I know that they were never capped in the championship!). Without spiraling into a completely different debate, it seems for the general majority, everything seems to be rising over the last few years apart from what you take home each month :oops:
You do realise that folks have to pay for travel to home games too. Some people come from the south coast and north east to get to Molineux and must rack up huge travel costs.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's now a permanent thing as well so even if they raise it in 3 years time it has no chance of being voted out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220609-144619_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220609-144619_Chrome.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 24

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise that folks have to pay for travel to home games too. Some people come from the south coast and north east to get to Molineux and must rack up huge travel costs.
Never once said people didn’t mate… I’m all for protection of prices for fans both home and away games. The topic of this thread is about away tickets, so I said in my opinion fans should be protected and have the £30 cap retained, thankfully it has, so happy days.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's now a permanent thing as well so even if they raise it in 3 years time it has no chance of being voted out
It makes it harder but not impossible to remove it. At the end of the day PL members make PL rules.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent. Don’t believe this is a “good will to the fans” thing though, they realise every game is available on tv these days and don’t want any repeats of us taking 1500 to Villa at £42 a ticket or Albion taking 800 to Man City at £52.

Protecting the brand.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent. Don’t believe this is a “good will to the fans” thing though, they realise every game is available on tv these days and don’t want any repeats of us taking 1500 to Villa at £42 a ticket or Albion taking 800 to Man City at £52.

Protecting the brand.
Maybe they should cap the price of tickets for home supporters too then.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the grounds were regularly 1/3 empty they would. But they aren’t. So they don’t.
Wigan used to be!

When away allocations are small they generally get taken up by home fans anyway, just like we do by giving them just the quad and sometimes even just the quad upper. So the notion of it being to avoid empty seats is probably wrong.

Anyhow ignore me, I’m just grumpy coz I can’t get away tickets anymore!....

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wigan used to be!

When away allocations are small they generally get taken up by home fans anyway, just like we do by giving them just the quad and sometimes even just the quad upper. So the notion of it being to avoid empty seats is probably wrong.

Anyhow ignore me, I’m just grumpy coz I can’t get away tickets anymore!....
Wigan used to be the cheapest ground in the league! Make it a fiver there, it’d still a Rugby town.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had email today, think I'll go for another year and hopefully be fit enough to go.
Glad to hear that, transport issues notwithstanding, you feel up to it. You'd have missed it like crazy had you not done so.

Back
Top Bottom