Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Away STs

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still can't get my head round how people are willing to pay 60 quid for basically a few extra loyalty points, but moan when season tickets rise?

I've bin an away season ticket holder for donkeys years.We used to pay a lump sum and then £7 to secure your ticket.( Think that's right.).years ago.Then obviously they changed it,probably to gain the £60 off everyone.I first did it because of me working shifts as it made it easier for me to get the tickets.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've bin an away season ticket holder for donkeys years.We used to pay a lump sum and then £7 to secure your ticket.( Think that's right.).years ago.Then obviously they changed it,probably to gain the £60 off everyone.I first did it because of me working shifts as it made it easier for me to get the tickets.
£5 off originally as had one from day 1.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember that this is a dying club now. As soon as you leave you well never get it back

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably ditching mine, age and health issues.

Roswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Depending on who gets promoted/relegated will depend on how many ASTs there are. Usually if current ASTs don’t renew they’ll offer their spaces to the people with highest points.
That's not correct, any away season ticket holder that doesn't renew for next season, their ticket will not be offered to anyone else. In effect, they're phasing them out - they're waiting for us to die off!

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad the club haven't ditched AST's altogether but to stop passing them on feels about right as well.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Still can't get my head round how people are willing to pay 60 quid for basically a few extra loyalty points, but moan when season tickets rise?
As someone who never had one (didn't use to cause many problems!) I can. Relying on points is a nightmare. Last season I chose not to go to Palace. I couldn't get a ticket for Watford, Brentford, Burnley, Liverpool. Couldn't go to stupid KOs at Brighton or Newcastle. Now I'm very much on the margin of getting tickets for next season. The system is crap, somehow trying to buy tickets usually at 10am on a Friday, the amount of tickets is crap, the fact that they don't use the money to subsidise the purchase is crap. So £60 to solve these problems is a rip off, but I'd pay it.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As someone who never had one (didn't use to cause many problems!) I can. Relying on points is a nightmare. Last season I chose not to go to Palace. I couldn't get a ticket for Watford, Brentford, Burnley, Liverpool. Couldn't go to stupid KOs at Brighton or Newcastle. Now I'm very much on the margin of getting tickets for next season. The system is crap, somehow trying to buy tickets usually at 10am on a Friday, the amount of tickets is crap, the fact that they don't use the money to subsidise the purchase is crap. So £60 to solve these problems is a rip off, but I'd pay it.
Why should you skip palace Brighton Newcastle then think you deserve a ticket over others because you are able to throw away 60 quid?

If there wasn’t any asts you probably get a ticket easily for most games

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Why should you skip palace Brighton Newcastle then think you deserve a ticket over others because you are able to throw away 60 quid?

If there wasn’t any asts you probably get a ticket easily for most games
I skipped Palace, there was no way I could go to Brighton or Newcastle on a work night. I'm not talking about who 'deserves' a ticket, it amazes me that so many people manage to have both the time and money to do all these games. Always surprised by how many southern accents you get at southern games and vice versa though, it's obvious that loads are sold on and the whole scheme doesn't really work.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Difficult one but all premier league clubs are sleepwalking into a bleaker future in that there is little or no chance for youngsters to get the away day buzz.

5% ballot is step in right direction

they need to move to a straight percentage of seats being given to way fans - ludricous we only get 3k of 75k at Man U
I agree with the ballot being in the right direction, but why should Man utd give a higher percentage? Surely they built a bigger stadium for their fans, not everybody else's?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difficult one but all premier league clubs are sleepwalking into a bleaker future in that there is little or no chance for youngsters to get the away day buzz.

5% ballot is step in right direction

they need to move to a straight percentage of seats being given to way fans - ludricous we only get 3k of 75k at Man U
I assume therefore that you are happy to pay the same matchday price as home fans?

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wasn't going to renew mine. I ask the ticket office if i could defer for a season and they said no but don't worry, you don't need to do the away games if you don't want to. Sounds like they just want people's money as they know they'd sell the tickets.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems the £30 cap for Premier League away games has now expired.

That will massively impact demand.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems the £30 cap for Premier League away games has now expired.

That will massively impact demand.
I certainly wondered how long it would be retained. Has it gone completely or been increased?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly wondered how long it would be retained. Has it gone completely or been increased?
It was set to expired at the end of the 21/22 season.

No news on it returning. If it doesn’t, tickets will be priced by the away clubs as they wish.

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If the £30 price cap on away tickets does go then it would be good if Wolves came out straightaway and said that they would either subsidise the tickets to maintain the £30 cost or offer to charge clubs £30 for their fans at Molineux if they reciprocated the agreement.

Won't hold my breath

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the £30 price cap on away tickets does go then it would be good if Wolves came out straightaway and said that they would either subsidise the tickets to maintain the £30 cost or offer to charge clubs £30 for their fans at Molineux if they reciprocated the agreement.

Won't hold my breath
Essentially either option you propose is ultimately fans who attend home games subsidising those who go to away games.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think moving cap to £40 wouldn’t be unfair. Would be nice if there was still some sort of cap though.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not, certainly at £30 - how do they justify charging away fans less than their own? Perhaps at £35 or even £40....
It’s justified by helping in a small way the people who travel all over the country supporting their team to continue to go and help create a bit of atmosphere. Nothing worse than a game where there’s only a handful of away fans. Away fans already fork out a load, yet you seem to begrudge them the £30 tickets?

The premier league only bought the cap in because they were concerned at the amount of half empty away ends at televised games damaging the “product”.

I really don’t see your issue, I know when I pay £30 at St Mary’s or Goodison that Southampton or Everton fans will be paying the same at Molineux. Seems fair to me.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think moving cap to £40 wouldn’t be unfair. Would be nice if there was still some sort of cap though.
A rise of £10 a game, a 33% increase, wouldn’t be unfair?

I know we are all customers now but wouldn’t it be nice if the clubs could at least try and look after the fans a little bit, particularly with the rising costs of travel?

Over a season an increase from £30 to £40 on away tickets would get most clubs an extra 500k a season. We pay Moutinho that in 5 weeks.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure someone will back me up on this one but we played away at Villa Park under Mick and they charged us £46 a ticket or something?

We only took 1,200.

It was an early Saturday kick off, we drew with them.

If the prices go up the demand will definitely drop.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure someone will back me up on this one but we played away at Villa Park under Mick and they charged us £46 a ticket or something?

We only took 1,200.

It was an early Saturday kick off, we drew with them.

If the prices go up the demand will definitely drop.
Yeah was the day we went top of the league, down hill from there

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s justified by helping in a small way the people who travel all over the country supporting their team to continue to go and help create a bit of atmosphere. Nothing worse than a game where there’s only a handful of away fans. Away fans already fork out a load, yet you seem to begrudge them the £30 tickets?

The premier league only bought the cap in because they were concerned at the amount of half empty away ends at televised games damaging the “product”.

I really don’t see your issue, I know when I pay £30 at St Mary’s or Goodison that Southampton or Everton fans will be paying the same at Molineux. Seems fair to me.
I personally don't have an issue and get to as many away games as family and ticket availability permits. I was advancing the argument that clubs would doubtless use - see what Vinny had to say when withdrawing away ticket concessions.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A rise of £10 a game, a 33% increase, wouldn’t be unfair?

I know we are all customers now but wouldn’t it be nice if the clubs could at least try and look after the fans a little bit, particularly with the rising costs of travel?

Over a season an increase from £30 to £40 on away tickets would get most clubs an extra 500k a season. We pay Moutinho that in 5 weeks.
I love the way that you look at that in absolute terms while carefully ignoring how long the cost was held at £30. Try averaging the rise over those years and it looks very different....

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically paying £60 for Brentford and Bournemouth and hopefully being able to claw a bit back on advance rail tickets (not that there seems to be many of those around lately).

Also nice to have first dibs on seats, especially for the likes of Palace and Everton.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the way that you look at that in absolute terms while carefully ignoring how long the cost was held at £30. Try averaging the rise over those years and it looks very different....
Why should we be content with gradual year-on-year rises for away tickets, let alone a 33% rise in one go to £40 for example?

With how expensive travel is these days be it train tickets, petrol etc. Anything above £30 for an away ticket is a bit dissapointing... (& yes I know that they were never capped in the championship!). Without spiraling into a completely different debate, it seems for the general majority, everything seems to be rising over the last few years apart from what you take home each month :oops:

Back
Top Bottom