Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Away Season Tickets

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a season ticket holder when we were s**** and attended the vast majority of away games. Ive been to one away game this season via fb.
Your point is ???
Well said! I hate all these ****ing 'where were you when we were ****' fans on here, as if they're God Almighty. Many of us, me included, watched us in the old 4th division with just 1 stand operating. Some on here think being stuck in the Champs was the end of the world. I can assure it wasn't! Some remember Aldershot. These holier than thou fans **** me off big time.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said! I hate all these ****ing 'where were you when we were ****' fans on here, as if they're God Almighty. Many of us, me included, watched us in the old 4th division with just 1 stand operating. Some on here think being stuck in the Champs was the end of the world. I can assure it wasn't! Some remember Aldershot. These holier than thou fans **** me off big time.
And me.......and I did Aldershot away as well.....don't question me pal.....and I went all the way to Armenia...

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I ask, assuming 3k is about the average away ST allocation, at a guess how many fans total Gold AST down to SThs with 1040 pts? I know they won't all go for tickets but it gives me some idea. The reason I ask is if I renew my deferred ST next season, which gives me 1k pts is there any realistic chance I could get to any away games?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with that. I’m an AST holder and went to Brighton midweek, costs a fortune. The train costs seem to have gone through the roof lately as well.
Yes . Trains seemed to have doubled since pre covid days ...an away day is best part of £80 before you have gone out the door......about 3 hours kip after Brighton and then up for work....it isn't easy. ... arsenal away has been a right ball ache........

OldBrightonWolf

Reaction score
Agree with that. I’m an AST holder and went to Brighton midweek, costs a fortune. The train costs seem to have gone through the roof lately as well.
I was lucky enough to become a new ast this season based on games attended during the Euro season, including some points for China. I try and get to all homes, aways and pre seasons, but I wish we could play Brighton twice a year - it's only 3.5 mins drive away

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes . Trains seemed to have doubled since pre covid days ...an away day is best part of £80 before you have gone out the door......about 3 hours kip after Brighton and then up for work....it isn't easy. ... arsenal away has been a right ball ache........

More reason for people not to waste money on an AST

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Laughable . Roll on highest bid wins for match tickets!
What are you going on about? Of course people who have paid for a AST (I’m not one of them) should have priority. What’s next? Let’s just scrap home season tickets shall we and let anyone have my seat I’ve had for 20 years through thick, thin and in between.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are you going on about? Of course people who have paid for a AST (I’m not one of them) should have priority. What’s next? Let’s just scrap home season tickets shall we and let anyone have my seat I’ve had for 20 years through thick, thin and in between.
That’s the point though. Why should people that have asts be allowed to go 1/2 games a year ahead of people who have gone to 15.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s the point though. Why should people that have asts be allowed to go 1/2 games a year ahead of people who have gone to 15.
How many people who go to 15 away games haven’t got an AST??

Ultimately it’s the fairest way out of a bad bunch. Like all clubs in the premier league demand outweighs supply. If it was purely based on a points system the same people with AST’s would be savvy and buy the tickets (as they’d have the priority with the most points) and still sell them on and pick and chose the games they want. You’re over reaching here, there’s simply no better way.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ultimately it’s the fairest way out of a bad bunch. Like all clubs in the premier league demand outweighs supply. If it was purely based on a points system the same people with AST’s would be savvy and buy the tickets (as they’d have the priority with the most points) and still sell them on and pick and chose the games they want. You’re over reaching here, there’s simply no better way.
Quite a few I imagine as the band is already 1150 points and we’ve had a couple of cup games . I missed out on a BrentFord ticket purely because I refuse to pay 50 quid or however much it is to guarantee the right to buy a ticket for one game .

There is a better way - simply scrap the pointless AST scheme. If those fans are so loyal they will be in the front of queue each week anyway

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to become a new ast this season based on games attended during the Euro season, including some points for China. I try and get to all homes, aways and pre seasons, but I wish we could play Brighton twice a year - it's only 3.5 mins drive away
Brighton’s ground isn’t 3.5 minutes from anywhere.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Quite a few I imagine as the band is already 1150 points and we’ve had a couple of cup games . I missed out on a BrentFord ticket purely because I refuse to pay 50 quid or however much it is to guarantee the right to buy a ticket for one game .

There is a better way - simply scrap the pointless AST scheme. If those fans are so loyal they will be in the front of queue each week anyway
I'm currently on 1110 and can just about squeeze in the 3k games. Couldn't get a Watford ticket, chose not to go to Palace as was very busy, no way I could get to Brighton,obviously no Brentford ticket. So that's 4 missed (hopefully no more) so if you don't do about 15 then you'll only get the difficult ones (Brighton, Norwich, Newcastle and any stupid KOs). That's why the 75% rule was right in principle, but in practice just leads to (even more) selling on.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh so you want it scrapped because you can’t get the tickets you want, I get it now.

The away season ticket has been a thing for about 20 years hasn’t it? I can’t remember anyone moaning about it being unfair until the recent premier league years.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh so you want it scrapped because you can’t get the tickets you want, I get it now.

The away season ticket has been a thing for about 20 years hasn’t it? I can’t remember anyone moaning about it being unfair until the recent premier league years.

I wasn't gonna join the debate ,But I remember we used to pay a lump sum upfront,and then we paid summat like £7 when purchasing the ticket.But that's bin years agew. :tonguewink: Still gewin strong now.

Reaction score

They were available for anyone to buy until a few years ago. The only criteria was that you also had to have a home season ticket

suddenly they became way more popular and the club imposed a maximum number of asts.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't gonna join the debate ,But I remember we used to pay a lump sum upfront,and then we paid summat like £7 when purchasing the ticket.But that's bin years agew. :tonguewink: Still gewin strong now.

They were available for anyone to buy until a few years ago. The only criteria was that you also had to have a home season ticket

suddenly they became way more popular and the club imposed a maximum number of asts.
First started in 94-95. Think there was a maximum number even back then but not sure that maximum number was necessarily reached.

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
Can I ask, assuming 3k is about the average away ST allocation, at a guess how many fans total Gold AST down to SThs with 1040 pts? I know they won't all go for tickets but it gives me some idea. The reason I ask is if I renew my deferred ST next season, which gives me 1k pts is there any realistic chance I could get to any away games?

There is, yes. I started on 1,000 points this season and I’ve been to every away game this season so far apart from Watford, Leicester and Brentford. Watford and Leicester were before I could build my points up and Brentford well they give you hardly anything!

Go to all the cup games (they even gave points for a friendly this year to shift tickets) and fight for a ticket on the site at 10am when they release to your points bracket. I’m on 1120 points now (soon to be 1140) and can comfortably get a ticket to any game.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed! We've had ASTs from day one, I can't remember all this fuss when 500 of us went to Boro on a Tuesday? #justsaying

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous decision.

The AST scheme needed to be gotten rid of completely, surely the club can’t be that hard up for the additional £70,000 a season.

It just makes no sense for anyone barring a few who will pick and chose their games.

If we had a system fully based on loyalty points those who go every week, as we’re told near enough all do, would be completely unaffected and £70 better off a year.

I suspect the room was full of ASTs who fancy missing the odd midweek trip to Brighton and a couple of difficult Sunday trips.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The
Ridiculous decision.

The AST scheme needed to be gotten rid of completely, surely the club can’t be that hard up for the additional £70,000 a season.

It just makes no sense for anyone barring a few who will pick and chose their games.

If we had a system fully based on loyalty points those who go every week, as we’re told near enough all do, would be completely unaffected and £70 better off a year.

I suspect the room was full of ASTs who fancy missing the odd midweek trip to Brighton and a couple of difficult Sunday trips.
The club were only too happy to bin off home loyalty points just to sell a few more memberships.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes it's easier.....but it's not easy....time and financially........people question loyalty , they all want to go to man utd on a Saturday but they don't want to go to Brighton on a Tuesday night do they ..
That one away game i went to was brighton away...

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
As an AST I’ll make a couple of points:
- 75% was an unrealistically high threshold with several games on workdays, and inevitable misses eg for a holiday
- to retain status, fans buy & resell tickets thus club loses ability to control sales
- if I don’t buy a ticket, it goes back into the pool so genuine supporters get access not just ‘my mates’
- only about 1k ASTs and usually 3k tickets

Personally I think the club has made a sensible decision; won’t please all, but what decision ever does?

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I have to agree with the last paragraph.. it just might let a few others attend an away game for once. My kid wants to go to one he doesnt care about the glamour games he just wants to watch his team away against whoever.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has a problem with loyal fans getting first choice for away games. It's the buying them with no intention of going and selling them on that annoys. Like many I have season ticket and have until recently, due to not being able to get tickets, gone away for sometimes just a couple to every game some seasons depending on circumstances rather than what division we were in since 1982 (my 1st away game was actually 1971 but only a kid then) and have seen us on over 70 different grounds. I find the attitude of some who think they are superior supporters to others ridiculous as we all support the team but have different reasons for not being able to go at various stages of our life. I hope the change will free up a few more tickets for away games but doubt it to be honest. It doesn't really matter to the club as they would get nothing out of trying to come up with a better solution, I just wish people would only buy tickets if they genuinely intend going themselves.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has a problem with loyal fans getting first choice for away games. It's the buying them with no intention of going and selling them on that annoys. Like many I have season ticket and have until recently, due to not being able to get tickets, gone away for sometimes just a couple to every game some seasons depending on circumstances rather than what division we were in since 1982 and have seen us on over 70 different grounds. I find the attitude of some who think they are superior supporters to others ridiculous as we all support the team but have different reasons for not being able to go to every game. I hope the change will free up a few more tickets for away games but doubt it to be honest. It doesn't really matter to the club as they would get nothing out of trying to come up with a better solution, I just wish people would only buy tickets if they genuinely intend going themselves.
We all agree with you....but we had no choice in buying them and passing them on, if we didn't we would lose the away season ticket. ..no problem nw not aving the tickets....

bigwolf

Reaction score
I don't see that much benefit from this decision in term of fans being able to access significantly more tickets.

It pushes the problem down the ladder. That is those on points will buy and sell them on to keep them up the ladder for when they want tickets.

I can't wait until the announcement of the wolves fan token which you will need to buy to get tickets. Amongst other things.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an AST I’ll make a couple of points:
- 75% was an unrealistically high threshold with several games on workdays, and inevitable misses eg for a holiday
It’s 15 games out of 19 league games, if you missed 4 away games in all comps over a season without an AST you’d struggle to get tickets for nearly any away game, nevermind losing priority for all.
- to retain status, fans buy & resell tickets thus club loses ability to control sales
Doesn’t locking 1,500 away to ASTs encourage this just as much for the other 1,500, if not even more so, given that group don’t even have a 4 league game buffer?
- if I don’t buy a ticket, it goes back into the pool so genuine supporters get access not just ‘my mates’
And the 25% buffer has allowed this to be done for up to 4 games for each AST over the season, I’d be amazed though if this change would materially impact that and as said, this only worsens the impact for the other 1,500 or so tickets we regularly have left and encourages this behaviour to move to that group even more.
- only about 1k ASTs and usually 3k tickets
900 or so gold, but then the silver band takes it above usually half of all available tickets, even without the clubs cut for family and friends ect.
Personally I think the club has made a sensible decision; won’t please all, but what decision ever does?
Respectfully, I think they’ve made a terrible one and one that’ll please just a handful of people who couldn’t make more than 14 away league games in a season.

CVWolves

Reaction score
Pretty certain the decision is based on the Covid situation this season - re people having to isolate and thus missing games. I know someone on this committee and that was his argument. He wanted to be able to return his away ticket to the club if he had Covid to not deprive the next group of people being able to go, rather than pass it on on the black market.

GigmillWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Pretty certain the decision is based on the Covid situation this season - re people having to isolate and thus missing games. I know someone on this committee and that was his argument. He wanted to be able to return his away ticket to the club if he had Covid to not deprive the next group of people being able to go, rather than pass it on on the black market.

Spot on. The 75% rule was never going to be enforced with Covid about.

Back
Top Bottom