Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

August Pre-season friendly against Stade Rennais at Molineux

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shall certainly attend, always good to face a team from abroad at home the week before the season starts.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah, I do like Rennes. Hopefully arranged as part of a deal to bring Amine Gouiri and Desire Doue here. We can but dream.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have they announced whether loyalty points will be awarded for this game?

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been to watch two football matches while on holiday in the south of France and both teams played against Rennes.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any local away friendlies? The Salop game the other year was a great day out. We've got Shrews, Kiddy, Walsall, Vale, and West Brom as nice little lower league clubs to choose from.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Any local away friendlies? The Salop game the other year was a great day out. We've got Shrews, Kiddy, Walsall, Vale, and West Brom as nice little lower league clubs to choose from.
Leicester?

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely we'd want to play against teams we might actually score against though?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really fussed about friendlies at all . Mind you I think the majority of our team have played at friendly pace all season.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prefer a 2nd Division club who play in an old school ground with terraces, close to their town centre pubs and train station. Not asking for much.
Yes, Barrow or Harrogate Town, although not sure if one or both would create a logistical nightmare.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may know them as "Rennes" ? Think it may be the capital of the Brittany region.
Thanks for the info.

The French League teams are a bit obscure, compared to the Spanish, German and Italian leagues imo. After PSG, I couldn’t name a lot of the teams.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

The French League teams are a bit obscure, compared to the Spanish, German and Italian leagues imo. After PSG, I couldn’t name a lot of the teams.
Yes, you're right.

After the likes of PSG, Monaco and Bordeaux, I start to struggle tbf.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prefer a 2nd Division club who play in an old school ground with terraces, close to their town centre pubs and train station. Not asking for much.
Do you mean second tier or league 2?

Top picks for me:
- Sheffield Wednesday, great ground (no, really), and good pubs in town, decent test (and I live in Sheffield!)
- Shrewsbury. Again. Dull ground but love a day in the sun there
- Notts County. Same
- One of the Greater Manchester clubs; Stockport or Oldham maybe? L2 and National League but pretty easy to get to and an excuse for a day out in MCR
- Gloucester City or Hereford. Haven't been to either ground and they're both nice old towns. I'm imagining a pub on a river or the docks
- Bristol Rovers. There's a theme developing here... Bristol's lovely in the sun and a great **** up!

Back
Top Bottom