Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Attendance Record!

Puregold

Reaction score
For all you attendance buffs out there, since our first home game back in the Premier League v Everton in 2018/19 season and not including the covid games! Wolves had played in front of 30,000 plus for 34 consecutive league games, which was one game behind the record of 35 league games which was set over the 1946/47 and 1947/48 seasons.

On Sunday v Spurs we had yet another crowd of over 30,000, which of course equals the previous record, so on Sunday if we manage to get another 30,000 plus crowd that will be a new record for consecutive games of 30,000 plus!

Hopefully someone out there finds this interesting and not just me!!

And for what it is worth, if we ever get another re-build at Molineux, I think a 42,000 capacity would be perfect!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all you attendance buffs out there, since our first home game back in the Premier League v Everton in 2018/19 season and not including the covid games! Wolves had played in front of 30,000 plus for 34 consecutive league games, which was one game behind the record of 35 league games which was set over the 1946/47 and 1947/48 seasons.

On Sunday v Spurs we had yet another crowd of over 30,000, which of course equals the previous record, so on Sunday if we manage to get another 30,000 plus crowd that will be a new record for consecutive games of 30,000 plus!

And for what it is worth, if we ever get another re-build at Molineux, I think a 42,000 capacity would be perfect!
This just goes to show that Fosun need to get their act together and Molineux really does need a redevelopment asap!
Or at least get the corners filled in with seats and the Graham Hughes stand fit for purpose!

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hopefully someone out there finds this interesting and not just me!!

Correct, 42 is the magic number

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is it really covid safe to go? I remember when I used to ait in stan cullis, bloke behind me would shower me with his gob the whole game shouting “****inell” constantly.

Puregold

Reaction score
I think it is clear that the demand is here right now, the club needs to act on this and take advantage with the up-surge in ticket sales, if there are around 8 to 10,000 on a season ticket waiting list and we have around 6 to 8,000 members, even if you account for only half of each taking tickets on a regular basis, that is an extra 9,000 home tickets that could be sold on each home league game.

Work on the Steve Bull and South Bank, create a 3 sided bowl, from the North Bank and leave the Billy Wright for now.

That would mean at least 37,000 home tickets sold, 3,000 to 3,500 away tickets, which would leave around 2,000 home tickets to be sold to fans who for whatever reason can or will not buy season tickets and memberships.

The club MUST have looked at the current trend for ticket demand and see the potential to build on the support this club of ours could generate, we have played at Molineus since 1889 and this is the best consistent run of crowds since just after the war.

Molineux was the first stadium to be built to host matches in the football league and on September 7th 1889 Molineux was the site of the first ever league game in English history.

This may well be one of the best times to take this club forward in so many ways, please Wolves do not let this slip away!!

R

reanswolf

Attendances have never floated my boat, so to speak, but each to their own !

Very impressive record if we can beat it, which I am sure we will as its Manure.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those who sit in their armchairs watching on the telly, you can't beat the real matchday experience.

Opening all the doors and windows, while your neigbours wander in and shout random abuse is a start. Add in some puddles on the bathroom floor, cheap beer that you have to wait for 20 minutes before taking a first sip and you're well on the way. :D

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Molineux was the first stadium to be built to host matches in the football league and on September 7th 1889 Molineux was the site of the first ever league game in English history.

We played at Dudley Road in our first football league season

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played at Dudley Road in our first football league season
I think it is clear that the demand is here right now, the club needs to act on this and take advantage with the up-surge in ticket sales, if there are around 8 to 10,000 on a season ticket waiting list and we have around 6 to 8,000 members, even if you account for only half of each taking tickets on a regular basis, that is an extra 9,000 home tickets that could be sold on each home league game.

Work on the Steve Bull and South Bank, create a 3 sided bowl, from the North Bank and leave the Billy Wright for now.

That would mean at least 37,000 home tickets sold, 3,000 to 3,500 away tickets, which would leave around 2,000 home tickets to be sold to fans who for whatever reason can or will not buy season tickets and memberships.

The club MUST have looked at the current trend for ticket demand and see the potential to build on the support this club of ours could generate, we have played at Molineus since 1889 and this is the best consistent run of crowds since just after the war.

This may well be one of the best times to take this club forward in so many ways, please Wolves do not let this slip away!!
The first Football League matches were played on 8 September 1888. Wolves drew 1-1 at home to Aston Villa at Dudley Road.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Opening all the doors and windows, while your neigbours wander in and shout random abuse is a start. Add in some puddles on the bathroom floor, cheap beer that you have to wait for 20 minutes before taking a first sip and you're well on the way. :D
Traditionally, I sit watching the game while dressed in a flat cap, a rosette on my lapel and swinging a rattle while shouting 'hurrah' when we score. Sadly, hurrah is rarely heard. :(

Puregold

Reaction score
So our 36th consecutive league game with over 30,000 a new club record, could have done with a couple of goals and 3 points to celebrate!!!

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine this a few years ago.......
**** sake.

View attachment 23596
****ing embarrassing I can let off the kids (just about) but that lads easily in his 20s! I’d be embarrassed looking at that if it was a home shirt to be honest but a ****ing united one after they’ve just ****ing cheated us!!

Guess this is what happens when ya scrap loyalty points and give ticket priority to little geeks who can sit on 20 devices refreshing in the morning instead.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing embarrassing I can let off the kids (just about) but that lads easily in his 20s! I’d be embarrassed looking at that if it was a home shirt to be honest but a ****ing united one after they’ve just ****ing cheated us!!

Guess this is what happens when ya scrap loyalty points and give ticket priority to little geeks who can sit on 20 devices refreshing in the morning instead.
They are United fans. Know who they are and how they got the tickets. And refreshing a device isn't how they got them.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are United fans. Know who they are and how they got the tickets. And refreshing a device isn't how they got them.

No need to name names, but are the whole group Utd fans or just those not wearing Wolves tops? Just curious. We’re a family of split loyalties, son and I Wolves, wife and daughter Boro, so if we had gone to a Wolves v Boro game when the kids were little, we’d have all been together. When the kids were older, we split and went to matches in our respective halves if playing each other.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The kid in the Wolves top?

Then someones Season Ticket needs blocking! This is why ticket buy sell pages (and posts on here) should be **** down.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
In case anyone is tempted... definitely do NOT name names with regard to that picture.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In case anyone is tempted... definitely do NOT name names with regard to that picture.
Names of those passing on their season tickets to away fans should be passed onto the club though! But yeah not put on a public site

Puregold

Reaction score
Won’t the record books show 4500 for the United game last season though?
The fact that only 4,500 were made available and not the normal 30,000 plus, I would say the record holds up!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
So our 36th consecutive league game with over 30,000 a new club record, could have done with a couple of goals and 3 points to celebrate!!!
I have been hunting around trying to find yesterdays attendance, some sites showed a flat 30,000.
Thankfully, worldfootball.net updated theirs this evening, attendance was 30,621, so a new club record.

Back
Top Bottom