Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Atmosphere on Sunday

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What do you think? Spurs got booed ( ESL / Levy?) Everton was quiet, so what mix will we have? No idea how the crowd is spread as didn't apply but will it be quiet (Billy) upbeat or toxic (South Bank). Its all STH who have chosen to pay so maybe expect a "fair" atmosphere but if we go a couple down..........

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone boos this Manager and group of players on their first trip back to Molineux after everything they’ve given us and everything we’ve all been through this year, they can **** right off.
The last time we were together we were 6th and in the EL knockout stages, it would be nice (to some extent) to feel like we can rewind to how we felt about the team then, on Sunday.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone who was able to get a ticket should make as much noise as they can and get behind them. Anyone booing... I just have no words for them

I think back to the last time the players were at Molineux last season, we'd beaten Olympiacos and all the players and staff were around the centre circle with Nuno leading them. If we'd have been there it would have been an absolute cacophony of noise, we need to remember that, remind them we're all Wolves and get the pack back together

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll be disappointed if those lucky enough to go, even if they watch us lose, don’t use this as an opportunity to sing their hearts out and back the team.

I also hope they can respect the players taking a knee before kickoff too... you may not agree with it, but no need to boo it. If it really offends you that much just close your eyes.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone boos this Manager and group of players on their first trip back to Molineux after everything they’ve given us and everything we’ve all been through this year, they can **** right off.
I couldn't agree more. I also fear that if some do the response from other fans could be violent not just verbal.

I will be there and am looking forward to the opportunity, for the first time in over a year, to SUPPORT my team.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll be looking out for the “You’ve let us down again” banner and appropriate retribution.

Not got a ticket. Im just hoping I can squeeze a few beers in with the lads during the afternoon. How nice will that be!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. I also fear that if some do the response from other fans could be violent not just verbal.

I will be there and am looking forward to the opportunity, for the first time in over a year, to SUPPORT my team.

Congrats buddy, enjoy it and cheer the boys on for those of us who aren’t as lucky.

I genuinely don’t think there will be any negativity but I’d be appalled if there was.

Even though this year will end up with one of our highest Top Flight finishes in the last 40 years, I’ve personally found it one of the hardest to watch during that time frame. Not necessarily because of the football itself (although that really hasn’t been great) but more so the seemingly endless and heartbreaking list of serious injuries to the likes of Raul, Jonny and Pedro. And all against the backdrop of one of the ****tiest years for the world in recent history.

Even during that time though, players like Boly have suffered with Covid, Neves didn’t see his newborn child for weeks so he could stay and play for us, and Nuno, despite suffering both professionally and personally, donated £250k of his own money to help those in Wolverhampton who struggle even more.

That, on top of everything this group have given us over the last 3-4 years, means they should be treated like the heroes they are on our first game back together.

And who knows, it may well be the final time we get to see a number of them (Ruddy, Moutinho and possibly even Neves and Nuno himself) at Molineux.

Let’s give them the respect and adulation they deserve.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United will not play any of their star players, not one

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll guarantee most of them will be sitting with their faces in their phones

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congrats buddy, enjoy it and cheer the boys on for those of us who aren’t as lucky.

I genuinely don’t think there will be any negativity but I’d be appalled if there was.

Even though this year will end up with one of our highest Top Flight finishes in the last 40 years, I’ve personally found it one of the hardest to watch during that time frame. Not necessarily because of the football itself (although that really hasn’t been great) but more so the seemingly endless and heartbreaking list of serious injuries to the likes of Raul, Jonny and Pedro. And all against the backdrop of one of the ****tiest years for the world in recent history.

Even during that time though, players like Boly have suffered with Covid, Neves didn’t see his newborn child for weeks so he could stay and play for us, and Nuno, despite suffering both professionally and personally, donated £250k of his own money to help those in Wolverhampton who struggle even more.

That, on top of everything this group have given us over the last 3-4 years, means they should be treated like the heroes they are on our first game back together.

And who knows, it may well be the final time we get to see a number of them (Ruddy, Moutinho and possibly even Neves and Nuno himself) at Molineux.

Let’s give them the respect and adulation they deserve.
Once again you show why so many on here respect your opinion.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the atmosphere is "toxic" with 4,500 fans getting access to the stadium for the first time in 14 months and having seen us finish easily in our 3rd best position in 40 years, then heaven help those fans if we ever actually dare to return the "norm".

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll be disappointed if those lucky enough to go, even if they watch us lose, don’t use this as an opportunity to sing their hearts out and back the team.

I also hope they can respect the players taking a knee before kickoff too... you may not agree with it, but no need to boo it. If it really offends you that much just close your eyes.
Would be incredibly disappointing and an attack on the solidarity and togetherness that has been a feature of our team since Nuno took over.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Whilst I agree with you, if some of the posts on here are something to go by - I wouldn’t hold your breath.

there will be a percentage who will be itching to show exactly what they think of nuno and much of our team.

If the mix is a microcosm of Wolves fans ( I use that word instead of supporters) in general, then I‘m sure there will be booing from some sections.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will no atmosphere . Bunch of muppets who have paid 45 quid to watch football in a face mask

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Anyone who boos on Sunday is a wet wipe. Yes it's not been the season we wanted but Nuno, his staff and many of the players have had months away from their families. Missed births, had covid, the injury to Raul. It simply isn't the time to jeer and boo a team that has given us a lot over the last 4 years. I imagine just being a happy clapper for a couple of hours will mean a lot to the squad.

R

reanswolf

4500 in a 32000 stadium, not going to be too good, thx to WCC.
But those who do go, I hope its positive, Tring and Wicked Wolf and summarised perfectly.

Even if we lose, positive support on Sunday can bring so much positivity for next season, and if I was there I would do my utmost to show love and support to each and every one of them.

YamYamWolf

Reaction score
There will no atmosphere . Bunch of muppets who have paid 45 quid to watch football in a face mask
Hi, muppet here who cant wait to go back out on the **** with the lads and get down the molineux after a year away, back into the southbank and making noise for 90 mins. Why are you so salty? Priority 4 were ya?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m one of the muppets going, only cost me £33 though after using my old ticket cash. I can’t wait to be back inside Molineux to give the lads a big cheer win, lose our draw. Been a rough 15 months for everyone, our players included.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you think? Spurs got booed ( ESL / Levy?) Everton was quiet, so what mix will we have? No idea how the crowd is spread as didn't apply but will it be quiet (Billy) upbeat or toxic (South Bank). Its all STH who have chosen to pay so maybe expect a "fair" atmosphere but if we go a couple down..........

toxic? if anyone seriously thinks we are in a bad way right now, they must have been born yesterday

this is the internet where the biggest moaners shout lots; the rest of us respond occasionally or shrug our shoulders and appreciate what nuno / fosun have given us. i'd hope sunday will see lots of fans showing their appreciation

save the bile for when we're 19th next season and spiralling downwards because we didn't buy anyone (which again, according to this place is happening for certain)

oh, and i'm a muppet in the south bank

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who boos or splutters obscenities at anyone, at any time, at Molineux, or Wolves individuals anywhere else, should have a long hard look at themselves.

Entirely different from having critical thought and views on events. My preferred reaction at Molineux is to sit/stand quietly suffering when things are not going well.

If, after the first 'iffy' season in four years, which has still been no disaster, fans feel the need to yell and bawl stupidity at the best set-up in forty years on the last game of a season which has seen many obstacles, some football related some not, I have no clue what they want to see at Molineux.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a lovely opinion you have of those who, unlike you from every damned post that you make, actually want to support their team. How l choose to spend my money, that l work for, is my business and l really don't care what you think.

You thought that the tickets were too dear? Tough! Bored rigid with your self-centred self-indulgent *******s.

Last edited:

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
The last time we were together we were 6th and in the EL knockout stages, it would be nice (to some extent) to feel like we can rewind to how we felt about the team then, on Sunday.
Unfortunately my last home game was against Brighton.
Gutted I'm not going to be there. So grateful for everything that's happened over the last few years.
Hope every one who's going enjoys the day.

D

Deleted member 11332

I highly doubt anyone boos at the start and think the support will be as usual.

They might do at the end though.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see why people think there will be booing?
The season has been disappointing but a bit expected, but I'll boo the VAR.
Atmosphere will just be flat cos of the numbers and the masks.

Back
Top Bottom