Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Atmosphere at stadium:mk

M

Mr Wolf

As we know time does have a way of adding a bit of nostalgia.

The problem is these people have seen it all before & instead of moving on to a new stand they try to cling to it still. It was much easier to get a few hundred drunk 'singers' to stand together & get the atmosphere going now its impossible because everyother seat is taken up by an older bloke who despite their best efforts are just past that stage now. It's like them having a go when we take 9k away, oh we've done this & that before but for the next generation it's something new.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't you people who keep saying the atmosphere was better in the 'pre Moxey' days are just older now & don't really get involved as much. I bet you all say music etc is worse these days also.

I just think there's a gap between the new young supporters coming through & the 35 plus crowd. No doubt though seating & ticket prices have had an impact atmosphere's & unless we have a dedicated 'singing zone' it won't be coming back.

I think it's all relative Mr Wolf.

I am of that pre-era, and stood on both North Bank, and South Bank, the difference being in those days you had to get in the ground a good 30 minutes before kick off if you wanted to get a good spot near the singing section (behind the goal and towards the back).
As Ultra has alluded to on another thread, Saturday's atmosphere (the singing in particular) may be marred by the fact that the vocalists will be dispersed amongst the away (and maybe home) sections.

Not sure if I agree with the too old to take part reference, as I often arrive home minus a voice, Brentford being a good example of that :D

R

reanswolf

I can't really remember the atmosphere been that great standing on the old Southbank, but I was young at the time.

I think history sometimes reinvents itself.

Penk it was awesome at times, but I guess you had to be part of it. I will admit the old South bank was too big for us (held about 30,000), so just like the Steve Bull stand is now, its too far away from the pitch and the atmosphere on the pitch probably sounded less impressive. I bet the old North bank was better in terms of effect on the team than the old South bank was, for that reason.

By the same token I think the new South Bank is superb on its day.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't wait for Saturday , who'd have thought after last May's relegation we would all be like kids at Christmas anticipating an away game in the Third Tier . Great support , just hope the 8,800 of us stick with the Wolves players throughout the whole match irrespective of how things are panning out currently on the pitch. Let;s make it memorable ! I'm sure we will as the backing away this season has been tremendous. Looking forward to Stevenage too .

J

Jungleee

Just seen someone on Facebook who's going Saturday ask what the BTP are. Honest question, is it a lot of people's first away Saturday?!

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen someone on Facebook who's going Saturday ask what the BTP are. Honest question, is it a lot of people's first away Saturday?!

There's no BTP in my motor...

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Band wagon jumpers. Although BTP usually stay away from virgin first class on my trains to matches from London.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
atmosphere will be dire. What will happen is there will be 2 or 3 loud songs at the start. Rumbles in the crowd when passess go asstray, or shots are off target.

Go a goal up and there will be again maybe 5-10 mins of loud noise, then 5 mins loud at the end.

^+1

I

Iluvfootball

Great lot of Supporters

Hi
I'm an MK Dons fan and just wanted to say you guys are a welcome lot to have here in MK.
It's brilliant to see fans here for the football and making a good day off it.I spoke to many of you guys and had a good laugh as well as some serious football chat.
It would be great to repeat a day like today maybe with the result in our favour. It was an enjoyable game to watch frustrating at times but good.
The only bad thing I have to say about the day though is..why would away fans want to sit amongst home fans and jumo up and down celebrating as if they where amongst their on support. It was not a nice sight to see and a few blows developed . It was well publicised that if away fans were found to be in the home end they would be ejected without a refund. Two guys I saw were arguing like crazy because they were being ejected after they had celebrated the wolves goal and shouting at home fans. I thought there was going to be a lynching. Apart from these nobs the rest of the wolves fans were Brill

Cheers guy's and good luck

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With respect, wtf you on about. Seriously.

What? There was 1 or 2 songs like I said, but relatively subdued for the numbers....

Punjabi wolves drummer was either drunk, or they just hit the drum to a tuneless beat unrelated to any wolves song?

Loud at times though to be fair

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The beer, sun and huge anticipation is a heady mix...two full on fist fights in the Wolves crowd today with police dragging out the offenders. One looked remarkably like Paul Scholes and landed an absolute pearler that Carl Froch would have been proud of, on the chin of a much bigger guy whos legs went to jelly. I felt so proud...brought a tear to my eye.

In all honesty, everything about MK Dons was a good experience from the ground itself to the fans and staff. The fans have no history, that's not their fault...it's a club which is family based and it really shows.

I would expect that there will be many Dons fans screaming on Facebook tonight about us sweary, nasty Wolves fans....they just aren't used to it and the casual fans they attracted even less so.

It was a great, memorable day that my lads will always remember and that's what it's about, the result will be remembered, the quality of the game less so.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MW Don

The beer, sun and huge anticipation is a heady mix...two full on fist fights in the Wolves crowd today with police dragging out the offenders. One looked remarkably like Paul Scholes and landed an absolute pearler that Carl Froch would have been proud of, on the chin of a much bigger guy whos legs went to jelly. I felt so proud...brought a tear to my eye.

In all honesty, everything about MK Dons was a good experience from the ground itself to the fans and staff. The fans have no history, that's not their fault...it's a club which is family based and it really shows.

I would expect that there will be many Dons fans screaming on Facebook tonight about us sweary, nasty Wolves fans....they just aren't used to it and the casual fans they attracted even less so.

It was a great, memorable day that my lads will always remember and that's what it's about.

As I arrived at the stadium an hour before I usually do (so I could park!) I sat outside for a while.

Great atmosphere from dons and wolves fans alike, chatted with a few wolves fans who where looking for help/directions to the correct gates.

Apart form a couple of mindless morons from BOTH sets of fans, everyone was friendly and chatty.

A great day, and we didn't get thumped 4-0 as I feared

Great to have you all in MK today, good luck in the championship.

J

Jungleee

Hope the Wolves fans enjoyed their day out.

I know how much of a strain it is on their budget every few years.

Let us not forget we have an away game Tuesday which is still not sold out.

D

drewtwulf

Just got back, thought the atmosphere was good tbh. Well impressive stadium.

Hope the MK Dons go from strength to strength, life's too short to hold silly grudges.

S

southbankwolf

Let us not forget we have an away game Tuesday which is still not sold out.

And a massive game, especially with Brentford being at Sheffield united the same night.

Cant wait for it!!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What? There was 1 or 2 songs like I said, but relatively subdued for the numbers....

Punjabi wolves drummer was either drunk, or they just hit the drum to a tuneless beat unrelated to any wolves song?

Not after an argument,I just genuinely thought that, for the most part today the atmosphere was decent. End of the day, as much as some of us crave it, we ain't ever gonna be Galatasaray. Relative to what we can realistically expect in today's English football climate, the atmosphere was more than decent.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I thought the atmosphere was fantastic. The game was pretty flat for 80 minutes and the determination of the fans to enjoy themselves regardless was obvious - when the goal went in it was fantastic. Also the dhol drummer was excellent and kept the atmosphere going in the quieter moments.

B

BigBadWolfie

Brilliant atmosphere. Best this season by a country mile.

Very impressed with Stadium MK. Premier league standard. Better than the Ricoh, Amex, Riverside, King Power Stadium etc, in my opinion. Love the open concourse at the back of the lower tier.

Great result, so all in all top day out.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When people say impressed?

What was impressive about it? Middle of nowhere next to shops!!!! Not the best ground I've been to.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Seriously you must be $$$$ing deaf

E

Edgmond Wolf

I thought the atmosphere was fantastic. The game was pretty flat for 80 minutes and the determination of the fans to enjoy themselves regardless was obvious - when the goal went in it was fantastic. Also the dhol drummer was excellent and kept the atmosphere going in the quieter moments.

This in Spades

Great day out

B

BigBadWolfie

When people say impressed?

What was impressive about it? Middle of nowhere next to shops!!!! Not the best ground I've been to.

Not the best I've been to but better than a lot of modern stadiums of similar size.
You seem to be on a bit of downer about the place no matter the reality.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the best I've been to but better than a lot of modern stadiums of similar size.
You seem to be on a bit of downer about the place no matter the reality.

Just stating what I see without having ridiculously gold tinted glasses on.

D

drewtwulf

Lovely looking from the outside, good acoustics inside. I like the way they sunk the pitch, concourse was good, facilities good, view was good from where I was [roughly half way up lower tier].

I'd like to know what that building will be 'next door', the one being constructed adjacent to where we went in - the facade on the back looked really sleek from the a-road behind that Dominoes plant

M

MW Don

Lovely looking from the outside, good acoustics inside. I like the way they sunk the pitch, concourse was good, facilities good, view was good from where I was [roughly half way up lower tier].

I'd like to know what that building will be 'next door', the one being constructed adjacent to where we went in - the facade on the back looked really sleek from the a-road behind that Dominoes plant

It's going to be a leisure complex, cinema restaurants etc etc

Due to be completed by oct/nov time

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very impressed by the stadium, the glossy black exterior looks great and even though they didn't get used much, the cushioned seats were luxurious compared to the Mol's. Several large video walls too, which makes our efforts in that area look frankly embarrassing.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Very impressed by the stadium, the glossy black exterior looks great and even though they didn't get used much, the cushioned seats were luxurious compared to the Mol's. Several large video walls too, which makes our efforts in that area look frankly embarrassing.

Moxey I NEED a video screen NOW

Do you want me to talk to Morgan? Pull yer finger out and get it done

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I liked the ground, but thought it was in a terrible position, was far too close to the shops.

O

Oxford_Wolf

Thank you MK guys for your advice on this forum. A drink in the Red Lion at Fenny, with parking near by, a walk to the ground, punjabi wolves banging their drums, friendly home fans, a great atmosphere and three more points in the bag. I'm always let down by a small minority of idiots calling themselves Wolves fans but I wish MK luck in reaching the playoffs because I'd love to come the MK again next year.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
thank you mk guys for your advice on this forum. A drink in the red lion at fenny, with parking near by, a walk to the ground, punjabi wolves banging their drums, friendly home fans, a great atmosphere and three more points in the bag. I'm always let down by a small minority of idiots calling themselves wolves fans but i wish mk luck in reaching the playoffs because i'd love to come the mk again next year.

+1

Back
Top Bottom