Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

At Their Best With Wolves...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A player I think isnt yet world class but could become world class is Reece James.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever.

If the Liverpool fans I speak to are to be believed. Stunned he’s not in the Wolves XI each week.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The World Class debate always causes some disagreements. It always depends how you define it.

I've always thought of it as meaning that the player would walk into any side in the World, or be included in any World XI.

In the Premier League, I'd say that includes very few players, maybe Salah, De Bruyne and van Dijk.

Other players it could apply to are Ederson, Alisson, Kane, Ronaldo, Son, Mane, Rudiger, Kante, Dias, and maybe even Trent/Cancelo (best right back?) and Robertson (best left back?).

There's probably more players in the Premier League at or around this level than there's ever been before. Partly because we've probably got the World's 2 best club sides.

If you were building a squad of the best players in the World, 2 players for each position, based on a 4-3-3, it might look something like this.....

GK: Neuer, Alisson
RB: Trent, Cancelo
LB: Robertson, (Alphonso) Davies
CB: van Dijk, Dias, Rudiger, Alaba
DM: Kimmich, Kante
CM: De Bruyne, Goretzka, Llorente, Veratti
RW: Salah, Sane
LW: Mbappe, Vinicius
CF: Haaland, Kane

And in response to the OP's original question, none of our squad are World class!!

Two players have the potential to be - Neves and Ait Nouri.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The World Class debate always causes some disagreements. It always depends how you define it.

I've always thought of it as meaning that the player would walk into any side in the World, or be included in any World XI.

In the Premier League, I'd say that includes very few players, maybe Salah, De Bruyne and van Dijk.

Other players it could apply to are Ederson, Alisson, Kane, Ronaldo, Son, Mane, Rudiger, Kante, Dias, and maybe even Trent/Cancelo (best right back?) and Robertson (best left back?).

There's probably more players in the Premier League at or around this level than there's ever been before. Partly because we've probably got the World's 2 best club sides.

If you were building a squad of the best players in the World, 2 players for each position, based on a 4-3-3, it might look something like this.....

GK: Neuer, Alisson
RB: Trent, Cancelo
LB: Robertson, (Alphonso) Davies
CB: van Dijk, Dias, Rudiger, Alaba
DM: Kimmich, Kante
CM: De Bruyne, Goretzka, Llorente, Veratti
RW: Salah, Sane
LW: Mbappe, Vinicius
CF: Haaland, Kane

And in response to the OP's original question, none of our squad are World class!!

Two players have the potential to be - Neves and Ait Nouri.
Maybe Neto too, the trajectory he was on before that horrible injury was unbelievable. Hopefully he can return to that level again with a good pre-season. His match fitness is nearly there now.

Ebbo

Reaction score
Outside of City and Liverpool and a handful of players at the other Big 6 sides (Kane, Son, Fernandes come to mind) I don't think there is another WC player in the Prem. At least no one comes to mind, certainly none at Wolves. I think WC needs to be attributed to very few players otherwise it just becomes silly. Jota has the potential to become WC but only because he is playing and training alongside WC players. Neto the same for me but he needs to move to a big club to fulfil his undoubted potential.
Fernandes? Not a chance. Over rated because he had such an impact when he arrived. Virtually every game against a top side he's outclassed by the opposition midfield. Gives the ball away so much. A petulant., ill disciplined prima donna. IMHO...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He's magnificent mate. Probably is already at 21. Doesn't dive or play act either. He despises it.
He absolutely dives and play acts. You not see him roll back onto the pitch after getting tapped against Atletico.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Well, with world class meaning "among the best in the world at what they do", I think I'd agree with the person saying top 3-5 in their position in the world.

So if we think there's 55 world class players in the world, then given the strength of the PL we're probably looking at about 25-30 world class players in the league.
On train so I have gone for it :

GK: Ederson, Allison, Courtois

LB: Robertson, Alphonso Davies
CB: Van Dijk, Marquinhos, Dias
RB: Trent, Hakimi

CM: Fabinho, Verrati, Thiago, Modric, Kimmich, De Bruyne, Kante (went for more as there are so many different types but hard to exactly define their position in some cases as they can sort of play whatever is needed)

Wide players: Salah, Mbappe,

Striker: Benzema, Lewandowski, Haaland, Kane (just)

Was pretty brutal I think - and yes neither of those two are anymore IMO and I am a Messi fanboy.

Players who I think will be:
Camavinga, Tchouameni, Bellingham, Foden, Saka, Musiala, Wirtz, Pedri, Gavi, Martinelli (maybe a reach but something about him I love)

Was really really close to putting Son as well the more I thought about it. Seems a joke but his numbers are great.

I am sure I am forgetting some obvious ones, may or may not have had a train beer or two - critique away!

Back
Top Bottom