Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Astropay

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
We’ve had a series of crap sponsors

Surely some half decent brand would benefit from a sustained multi year relationship with an established premier league club, and we could book in the income instead of scrabbling around like this?

Oh for the days of Goodyear….
Weird seeing Goodyear logo on a lot of the shirts in that one pack diversity vid and feeling nostalgic about a sponsor. What's that about?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve had a series of crap sponsors

Surely some half decent brand would benefit from a sustained multi year relationship with an established premier league club, and we could book in the income instead of scrabbling around like this?

Oh for the days of Goodyear….
Tbf like any club we’ll go for whoever puts the most money up. I’m fairly sure the last 4 we’ve had have all signed as “our biggest ever sponsorship deal” . I think we’d all like an iconic brand but ultimately going for who pays most isn’t a bad approach

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a mate who is quite high up in banking in the City of London....he is actually a Morecambe fan....His words when we haf them as a sponsor was I can't believe you are having them , they are right dodgy *******s.....

Last edited:

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Duracell, Stanley or Dewalt - the Duracell bunny getting chased round Molineux by Wolfie would be great.
Specsavers is a great idea - the club should do it for a nominal fee for a season just for a laugh

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Didn't the Scottish premier refs get sponsored by Specsavers?

Shirt sponsors are all awful these days, aren't they. Even when they look alright (W88) they aren't exactly household names. Astropay didn't look too bad but it's another 'money' type company. Better than chupa chups I suppose, but at least people know what chupa chups are.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think anyone wanting a 'household' name has missed the point of what these companies are sponsoring us for. The PL currently is a mix of clubs who are either sponsored by

a dubious owner to help with PSR
a betting company they're going to have to ditch
a high high status club a bigger brand want to be associated with
a low status company trying to get its name more widely known

Think we've moved on from the idea that Fosun might use us for one of their companies to help put more money in, so only the last option is really available.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I still have some money in an account that I won on some Wolves related promotion. They wanted either a passport number or a driving licence number of which I have neither so I didn't bother with it.

As for sponsors I remember Man Utd announcing Teamviewer as their shirt sponsor and I didn't have a clue who they were or what they did.

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
Duracell, Stanley or Dewalt - the Duracell bunny getting chased round Molineux by Wolfie would be great.
Specsavers is a great idea - the club should do it for a nominal fee for a season just for a laugh
I think it has been pointed out before that Duracell, while a lovely idea, would never do it. Underpowered wolves lose to charged up x headlines whenever we lose.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it has been pointed out before that Duracell, while a lovely idea, would never do it. Underpowered wolves lose to charged up x headlines whenever we lose.
Or when we win...

Supercharged Wolves overpower X

Or...

Electric Wolves drain X

Darbena

Reaction score
I found it really good for euros, no exchange charges or bank charges & last time I was in Europe it was well over 20% cheaper than using my bank. I’ve now joined Revolut but there is a charge but still exceptionally much cheaper than my bank.

Also really good on Astropay is the match day stuff.
The savings account was great but have withdrawn all my money as I’m not confidents in it anymore. I had a message last week that they were returning my money to my bank account, they didn’t ! and the message this week was that I should withdraw any funds, so I have. All seems a bit dodgy now.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have just logged onto my astropay account to find i have money in there from from a promo 12 months ago.
Can this be transferred to my regular bank account?

Darbena

Reaction score
I have just logged onto my astropay account to find i have money in there from from a promo 12 months ago.
Can this be transferred to my regular bank account?
It can but I found you have to give them a lot of information which I’m pretty sure they already have. I withdrew my money to another standalone account (Revolut) just because I felt a bit safer doing that.

I’m not keen on the way it’s gone so skittish so quickly, I can’t see any news on them but it all seems very strange and unusual.

Darbena

Reaction score
AstroPay seem to have a lot to do with Spurs too, I might have a look at their forum to see if they are chatting about it.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The deal was extended to cover this season so assume its up this summer anyway

Back
Top Bottom