Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aston Villa v Wolves comms thread.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would push ait Nouri up to lf and Hugo in at lb

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't be ***** mate with statistics. Their all capable of popping one in alongside a decent performance.

They aren’t proven or consistent goal scorers is the point…..

They are not lads you can count on for a goal.

The stats do not lie!

Talented players, but goal scorers they aint

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're ahead on XG :rolleyes: Whatever, it was an even first half. The difference is that we missed a sitter and they scored a worldie.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The kid is there to put it in the net when the chance comes. From what I have seen of him, he is not that bad at it. Give him some time and the right service, he will be fine.
I’m not knocking him mate. Much as I said about Fraser too that they need service. The poor kid isn’t even feeding on scraps at the moment.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Get H.Beuno on, push RAN further forward and let's sort out this press when Martinez has the ball at his feet - way too easy and passive for Villa to play out.

I don't think our players trust Chiwome even though he has done fine the few times he has recieved the ball. He's in the first 11 so need to trust him, the same as anybody else.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They aren’t proven or consistent goal scorers is the point…..

They are not lads you can count on for a goal.

The stats do not lie!

Talented players, but goal scorers they aint

It's 1 nill. You don't need a guaranteed 30 goal strike to get you a goal. If that's the case every team who goes 1 nill behind have to transfer market.com up and look at the data to decide wether its game over or not?

Toti won it for us a couple of years ago probably 1 of his only goals.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're ahead on XG :rolleyes: Whatever, it was an even first half. The difference is that we missed a sitter and they scored a worldie.

Hardly a worldie mate! It wasn’t far off being straight at him, no where near the corners and a height he should have gobbled up!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's 1 nill. You don't need a guaranteed 30 goal strike to get you a goal. If that's the case every team who goes 1 nill behind have to transfer market.com up and look at the data to decide wether its game over or not?

Toti won it for us a couple of years ago probably 1 of his only goals.

I agree, but the issue is we didn’t have a consistent goal threat or a player with 5-8 goals a season for more than 1/2 season across the entire squad right now.

Game isn’t over, I agree, anyone can score. But they aren’t ones I would lump a £10 on to score if the game was on the line

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HT one down to a **** poor Villa side. Not good enough.
Let’s have a look at Fletcher Holman second half
'Not good enough'? I dunno mate, we're matching Villa despite having our two most dangerous attacking players out and no established centre forward on the pitch or bench. I'd say we're doing alright tbf: we're still in it and have played some very good football. Doyle in the first 20 mins was brilliant and RAN obviously must score from there. (The goal is disappointing too.)

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel sorry for Chiwome, no service and isolated.All very predictable. We have played quite well and Villa's build up is so slow. But we have no forward power....you can't win matches without strikers. When they get their second that will be it. Only hope is some Ait Nouri magic or a set play. Surely Cunha could have made the bench?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it doesn’t, you can’t let people take free shots unmarked from inside your box.

That happens……. Especially on a deflected ball to the man and the players going back the other way before it goes to the scorer.

Was still a routine shot!!!!! He ****ed up a basic shot!!!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hardly a worldie mate! It wasn’t far off being straight at him, no where near the corners and a height he should have gobbled up!

Yeah, I meant more a one in fifty chance because usually it hits a defender or something on the way. They scored the one in fifty. Where we missed the 9 times out of 10 it's a goal one. And that's the difference. Plus having a fit striker.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just have no presence up front. But we started well.

It's going to be tough to get anything from this now. But let's face it if it was 0-0 you would be optimistic we could nick a goal, so I guess 1-1 is not out of the question, but it's going to be a set peice or worldie I feel.

Come lads, let's nick one.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, to many on here judging it from the slow motion replays, sadly it was a hell of a strike.

From that far out, at that height, sorry but he should be saving that as a premier league first choice keeper

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did absolutely nothing wrong!

The fault lies 100% on Sa who let in a routine shot!

Ait Nouris earlier miss is far more egregious than Sa's keeping for that goal. So Ait Nouri is at fault for the score not being 1-1.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Struggling to see us get back into this, despite a great first 20 mins. How do we score?

Let’s remember Chiwome and Fraser are our 10th best strikers!

Cunha, Neto, Hwang, Sarabia, Bellegarde, Silva, Guedes, Podence, Sasa

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They seem hesitant to play the ball to Chiwome, same as when Fraser was on the pitch the other week.

Happens sadly to young lads in games where the players don’t really know when/where to play the ball for him. Or even have built
The trust of what he can do.

Give it a week or two

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are playing pretty well, just nothing going forward. We need to keep fighting, get up field as a team and grind a goal out of somehwhere.

Goal was in before anybody could move and RAN missing an absolute sitter.

Back
Top Bottom