Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aston Villa Attendance

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big decision by the Wolves, reducing Villa's allocation to the basic 2687, NL5 is up for sale with the quadrant being released as we sell sections out. Lets sell the ground out or we will look stupid (I think we will do it !). We got 27255 last season which was a Saturday night match and the Villa brought about 4300 they won't be happy but we are only matching their allocation to us and their ground is far bigger.
Sales to date:-
SB Sold out
NB 106 left
Quadrant (NL5) 441 left
Bully 1700 left
Billy Upper 1858 left
Billy Lower 542 left
To sell 4647 plus NU5 and Quadrant, J1.J10
I think on balance I would have preferred the extra Villa fans for the atmosphere, what do others think ?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Yeah, know what you mean. I always think Molineux is better when there's a big away following, just adds a bit more to the atmosphere like.

Chwolf

Reaction score
Big decision by the Wolves, reducing Villa's allocation to the basic 2687, NL5 is up for sale with the quadrant being released as we sell sections out. Lets sell the ground out or we will look stupid (I think we will do it !). We got 27255 last season which was a Saturday night match and the Villa brought about 4300 they won't be happy but we are only matching their allocation to us and their ground is far bigger.
SB Sold out
NB 106 left
Quadrant (NL5) 441 left
Bully 1700 left
Billy Upper 1858 left
Billy Lower 542 left
I think on balance I would have preferred the extra Villa fans for the atmosphere, what do others think ?
If they want to get the atmosphere going in the quadrant it's the right decision not to give it to villa. late Saturday ko normally have a better atmosphere so hopefully this will be the game the quadrant really gets going

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm happy with them only having the Bully lower
We will sell the rest, if we don't we don't I'd rather have a few empty seats just like there will be at Villa rather than giving then more tickets

E

Essex Wolf

I moaned about Forest giving Wolves such a poor allocation due to the selfish reasons behind it saying how I disagreed with the away support suffering especially as Forest wouldn't sell out. As it was yesterdays gate at the city ground was nearly 5K below capacity which highlights my argument. Wolves sold out no trouble and I believe could easily have sold double the allocation given. As such Forest could have had a bigger gate and the pitiful reason behind their idea didn't work so all they've done is lose revenue besides the game.

I imagine some of the Villa support are now thinking along similar lines to myself regards Forest. However as long as Wolves can sell out or at very least near to then the decision is justified. If they take this course of action and then fail to get near to selling out all Wolves will have achieved is to lose revenue and have empty seats they may not have?

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will be a sell out Wolves fans will be there to fill up the stadium.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
First preference is we give them the SB lower and we sell every other seat in the ground. Not sure this is going to happen for a TV game though as apparently the chance to see the best football played by Wolves in 40 years is not enough to fill the ground. On that basis I'd rather we gave them the quadrant (maybe lower only if that is possible with home fans in the upper?)

I'm not a believer in the 'look what they do to us' philosophy as it's not punishing the people who make the decision, but I think we'll get 2700 at theirs and last year they were 10,000 below capacity when they played us and I couldn't get a ticket so I won't shed too many tears.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we should give the same allocation to away fans at Molineux as we get at their grounds. I'd then fill in any empty areas with Wolves fans. We've never had a fortress Molineux but there's never been a better time to create one than now.

D

Deleted member 3518

I think we should give the same allocation to away fans at Molineux as we get at their grounds. I'd then fill in any empty areas with Wolves fans. We've never had a fortress Molineux but there's never been a better time to create one than now.

How d' you fill empty areas with Wolves fans if people are not prepared to buy them even when heavily discounted?

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We may not sell out the whole stadium, but the NB will sell out 100% so the correct decision so not put any Vile in there.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

I'd only do that if we matched the price as well.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Personally I would re-commission the Graham Hughes (I think called that) temporary stand and put all away fans in that and at half time turn the pitch sprinklers on them!

Seriously though I'd always give the lower SB stand to all away fans and charge £10 and £5 a ticket on the condition they do the same on the return fixture.

The cost of football is too high and away fans create the atmosphere and need as much financial encouragement/support as possible.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame we can't do a deal with them that we give each other 4000 tickets.
But as it is, they don't take that many away compared to last season. But it did make the atmosphere loud with so many plus being an evening game.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I would re-commission the Graham Hughes (I think called that) temporary stand and put all away fans in that and at half time turn the pitch sprinklers on them!

Seriously though I'd always give the lower SB stand to all away fans and charge £10 and £5 a ticket on the condition they do the same on the return fixture.

The cost of football is too high and away fans create the atmosphere and need as much financial encouragement/support as possible.
Tend to agree with that especially the half time sprinklers

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SB Sold out
NB 106 left
Quadrant (NL5) 441 left
Bully 1700 left
Billy Upper 1858 left
Billy Lower 542 left
No way. We want wolves fans in our ground and a few away to jeer at

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never had a fortress Molineux? When the chips are down Molineux can be a very intimidating place for the opposition,.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's time we started acting like a big club again. Thanks to the last 37 years we're some way off matching Villa and Leeds, but we still have a huge fanbase and need building blocks to rebuild our reputation. We are a very attractive proposition as a club for many reasons, so let's stop apologising and learn to bare our teeth again

Decisions like this are a big part of that process. We are Wolves

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** them, they won't make a racket in the SB lower either

Ask Chelsea fans we make a racket

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's time we started acting like a big club again. Thanks to the last 37 years we're some way off matching Villa and Leeds, but we still have a huge fanbase and need building blocks to rebuild our reputation. We are a very attractive proposition as a club for many reasons, so let's stop apologising and learn to bare our teeth again

Decisions like this are a big part of that process. We are Wolves

I like the thinking. Let's fill the place! Just for interest I thought I'd look, for Villa we were pretty equal between the war and 1970 no reason we can't be bigger again.

upload_2017-9-17_22-16-18.png

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just be thankful that Moxey's greasy fingers aren't involved any longer.

Villa will yet again give us a pathetic allocation when we know 10,000 tickets wouldn't be enough. Likewise, Villa would shift 10,000 tickets for Wolves away within minutes.

W

wolvesultra

However as long as Wolves can sell out or at very least near to then the decision is justified.

But isn't that advocating clubs that can sell out their whole ground not having away fans at all?

I fear that's where we are heading especially in the top flight tiny or non existent allocations. In a few years time there won't be away fans people will be forced to streaming services to watch their team away.

W

wolvesultra

More cheaper seats for Wolves fans, makes sense.
I'm guessing this is one of the games the bully is back up to £30 then?

I'd have preferred to see that kept at £25 and Villa given the quadrant that would have meant more cheaper tickets available to Wolves fans.

Away clubs should get 15% of capacity minimum at all grounds in my opinion that goes for whether home teams can sell seats cuz they're doing well or not.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How d' you fill empty areas with Wolves fans if people are not prepared to buy them even when heavily discounted?
Rhos, I think the crowds will increase over the season if we stay at the top and play good football. It happened in Lg 1 and this is light years from that?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never had a fortress Molineux? When the chips are down Molineux can be a very intimidating place for the opposition,.
In all the years I've not often thought Molineux as intimidating - not in the same way as say Millwall or Upton Park?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all the years I've not often thought Molineux as intimidating - not in the same way as say Millwall or Upton Park?

Mid 90's?? Went Millwall a couple of years ago, they were quiet to begin with, but coming back to 3-3 and James Henry soo changed that..

WillenhallWolfie1980

Reaction score
Always said that we should give the same amount of tickets home teams give us and return the favour if the tickets are over priced , but its against the rules regarding pricing

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
I'd imagine there's a bit of needle between the respective Chinese owners .... we need to show 'em who's top dog round these parts!!

It will be a sell out anyway, so better it's with more of our home fans (and grow the fanbase) than those nasty Brummies.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Could give you plenty of examples - a mate who's a Norwich fan after they won in the play-offs... scared witless.... Garry Nelson in his book on Charlton playing at Wolves mid 90s, said incredible atmosphere

We have our moments

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Danny Mills when Leeds played us a few years back

Totally destroyed his game, never experienced chanting so much on one player - he was subbed off if I remember as he was not on his game

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just imagine what it would be like if it was less open, a lot the noise is lost.

Back
Top Bottom