Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ashley Hemmings

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see Hemmings got a run out today! I was surprised that MM decided to give him a run out, even though there was no real pressure so it was an ideal starter game for him.

How did he play? Do you think Mick will have him in or around the squad next year?

I know we still need a quality striker (or two) but it's good to know that the academy players might still got a chance!

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't do much but he's lightening quick. Doesn't look big enough to play up front at the moment.

16Matt16

He looked about 2 foot when he got on. Nice do do do do Ashley Hemmings from the fans who probably didnt have a clue who he was. He tried hard but he lacked the strength to do much coming up against the 2 centre halfs who marlon couldnt outmuscle. Didnt do himself any harm today though.

J

jrwolves

Had to come on keogh was injured and I'm sure I saw marlon limping too

Did ok, quick, very quick

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very surprised he played really with Keogh, King, Vokes and Ward, all there as potential starters! Good that he did though.

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
I saw him v Arsenal in the youth cup a few months back. He stood out a mile and was better than any of the Arsenal strikers. When he fills out he'll be exceptional. He has pace and skill to burn. Fair play to big Mick for giving him a run out. I suppose it's an ideal oportunity to do so.

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looked quicker than Jarvis to me. He was chasing down one ball near the corner flag and seemed to just eat up the grass.

R

Reach For The Sky

I'd have left Keogh at the Bluebell and had Hemmings on from the start, he looks a good prospect. Keogh and Harewood managed to make Moore and Guedes look like good footballers, Hemmings at least scared them with his pace.

Where is Keogh now in the striker's pecking order? About number 7?

M

Marauding Wolf

Looked quicker than Jarvis to me. He was chasing down one ball near the corner flag and seemed to just eat up the grass.

Well with genuine pace you've got a decent shot no matter what your height it as Walcott and Lennon have shown. Obviously you need more than just pace, but it's a good starting point if you wanna go places.

D

Dewsburywolf

Ebanks-Blake, Iwelumo (who might get shipped out in the Summer), Vokes then Keogh I'd say. Hemmings is still a bit further down the pecking order and Harewood's still only on loan as far as I recall.

You can put your rod away whenever you're ready.

16Matt16

Ebanks-Blake, Iwelumo (who might get shipped out in the Summer), Vokes then Keogh I'd say. Hemmings is still a bit further down the pecking order and Harewood's still only on loan as far as I recall.

You can put your rod away whenever you're ready.

Just while I see one of your posts, I saw you today mate! When some were singing Dewsbury give us a wave at half time

D

Dewsburywolf

Just while I see one of your posts, I saw you today mate! When some were singing Dewsbury give us a wave at half time

You could have come to say "hi" when I walked back up to my seat.

I don't bite honest. ;)

J

jlovatt

Since this thread is about Hemmings, I thought I would comment on what I saw today not about Keogh like others. Hemmings looked very pacy and had a decent first touch. He didn't see much of the ball, and I don't think ANYONE at the game can judge him on todays performance but the bottom line is that he did a decent job and didn't look out of place.

Hope that helps.

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets hope he gets another run out against Donny then.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have left Keogh at the Bluebell and had Hemmings on from the start, he looks a good prospect. Keogh and Harewood managed to make Moore and Guedes look like good footballers, Hemmings at least scared them with his pace.

How can you possibly see that Keogh is not a good player. He can do stuff that many others can't. How he deserves to be slagged off i can't get my head round. He obviously isn't the most clinical striker in the world but he brings a lot to the game and adds some flair. I think i will trust McCarthy's and Trapattoni's opinion more than some numpties at the Wolves who have a vendetta against him.

16Matt16

In all fairness to the young lad as that is what he is, a young player, Hemmings didn't do much and certainly didn't contribute as much as Keogh.

R

Reach For The Sky

I don't think ANYONE at the game can judge him on todays performance but the bottom line is that he did a decent job and didn't look out of place.

Hope that helps.

Stuff that! I reserve the right to write players off and elevate them to hero status on the strength of one game. I'm a football fan, it's what I do.

This kid would not look out of place in the first team of Bolton or Blackburn and I mean that as a compliment.

The best advice I can give him is not to refer to the crass manager as thick Mick. It might damage his first team opportunities.

R

Reach For The Sky

I think i will trust McCarthy's and Trapattoni's opinion more than some numpties at the Wolves who have a vendetta against him.

You are placing your trust in the hands of some likeable losers, Keogh is a very good League 1 football player.

16Matt16

You are placing your trust in the hands of some likeable losers, Keogh is a very good League 1 football player.

Stuff that! I reserve the right to write players off and elevate them to hero status on the strength of one game. I'm a football fan, it's what I do.

This kid would not look out of place in the first team of Bolton or Blackburn and I mean that as a compliment.

The best advice I can give him is not to refer to the crass manager as thick Mick. It might damage his first team opportunities.

Both of those posts just lost you credibility. An 18 year old who didn't look fantastic against a bottom of the championship side would never EVER step into a premiership side. Maybe in 3-4 years when he's developed further he will.

Keogh will never play well when balls are just lumped upto him like today.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I always see Dews at away games, but TBH I prefer to stay an anonymous webmong. You could all be predators as far as I know.

16Matt16

Well I thought I'd speak up as I figured theres probably only one Dewsbury wolf. I stayed hidden behind my sunglasses mind!

R

Reach For The Sky

I always see Dews at away games, but TBH I prefer to stay an anonymous webmong. You could all be predators as far as I know.

You do right. Your enormous stool may have been the butt of a few jokes, but it kept those people away from you.:eek:

P

Premier Quality

Good to see one of our youth players getting a decent review - I know he went to cheltenham on loan and only ever played one game, and that was as sub - anyone know what happened there? Did he not impress, or did he get injured?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen him several times in the reserves and he was quick but didn't really impress me.

P

Perton777

Good to see one of our youth players getting a decent review - I know he went to cheltenham on loan and only ever played one game, and that was as sub - anyone know what happened there? Did he not impress, or did he get injured?

Thought he was too good for that league, therefore did not bother to impress, luckily he is one of MM's blue eyed boys like Keogh, Ward

Back
Top Bottom