Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsene Wenger, what an idiot.

W

wolvo_boi

I like what Wenger does in football, he is a bit of a tool though when it comes to the media but i dont really disagree with him much tbf.

Scholes is an appalling tackler, 1 of the worst i have seen, have thought this since i can remember watching football and when he was in his prime he hasnt got any better at the timing or the type of tackle he makes and with his age he still hasnt learnt that he cant tackle.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know that Scholes can't tackle but Wenger is intimating that he is a nasty piece of work.

"But ask me if he's been a fair player, I say no. I'm sorry, for me he's not been fair.

"There's a little bit of a darker side in him. I don't like some things he does."

T

thaibri2

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...enger-labels-Paul-Scholes-a-dirty-player.html

Having a go at Paul Scholes this time. The man is a complete ****head. The manager with the worst eyesight in England. Never sees any of the awful tackles his little angels do, but very quick to have a go at any other players who are remotely physical. Scholes isnt even dirty. He dives in a bit and makes some rash tackles, but he isnt a dirty player imo.

Hi Mugwump, have to disagree with you on this, I think Scholes is on a par with Johnny Giles, if he played for Bolton or a similar club he would be sent off probably 3 times a season at least if he kept playing the same way. He is fortunate that he plays for Man U and they get away with, I was going to say murder, but will say diabolical fouls which go unpunished.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ha ha he is a tool. But correct. Scholes in my opinion is the best English midfielder in 20 years but he does have a reckless side. His lack of tackling is more than understandable as he started as a striker. What does annoy me is how unbalanced it is. He throws him a compliment then has a right pop. Scholes is a genius and will be remembered as such.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scholes hasn't improved his 'tackiling' in nearly 20 years playing at the top level, alongside some of the greatest players in the world. He is an immensely gifted footballer who has acquired this myth that he can't tackle bless him. Sorry, but when it comes to putting the boot in he is a first class scrote and he knows exactly what he is doing.

M

Mugwump

I`m not saying scholes isnt a bad tackler thaibri2, he is. As BBW said, wenger is trying to say scholes is a dirty, nasty player when really he just cant tackle. Thats where he is totally wrong. He isnt the type of player who will leave is foot in or take somebody out after the ball has gone like muscat for example. He is just a little clumsy when he tackles.

R

reanswolf

He is a fantastic midfielder but I think he can be quite calculating in his mis-tackles at times. No doubt if he was a Wolves player he would be sent of with some regularity and labelled a filthy player.

Not sure he is a genius mind, would like to see how good he is when he plays equal opposition every week.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
gazza didn't do it over the same length of time. He may have been but for his self destruct button. As for Keane completely different players for me.

C

cooper_J

I'd say that Giggs just - just - shades it. He's had to adapt his game and style of play since he lost that yard of pace and it hasn't stopped him from being one of the best players in the league.

T

Toon Wolf

I think Giggs and Scholes are both fantastic footballers, but in terms of passing, vision and awareness there hasn't been a player to touch Scholes in years. Best player currently playing in the PL IMO. Having said that, I don't think Wenger is far off the mark, I do think Scholes knows exactly what he is doing with those bad challenges- I don't think they are all mistimed, some of them are just vicious.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's strange really, I have just got back from holiday where I spent some time reading the Brian Clough autobiography "Cloughie".

In it Clough accuses Wenger of having a wonderful team but who's achievements were tarnished due to the way that they played and their ill discipline, he is also critical of Wenger for his inability is addressing the issue.

I guess the team that he is referring to is Viera, Petit etc. The "I didn't see it attitude" has evolved into a point of view that no other team should tackle his players and that they should stand still whilst the $$$$ pass in pretty circles around them - this has only happened since the "hard men" have left arsenal or retired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giggs at his best was on the wing, whilst still a great player he isn't near the level he used to be. For me Scholes is still a wonderful player, playing and performing in the position he has always played.

M

Mugwump

gazza didn't do it over the same length of time. He may have been but for his self destruct button. As for Keane completely different players for me.

Fair point about Gazza. If i had to pick between scholes and keane however keane would win hands down for me. The best midfielder of his generation imo. Scholes is nowhere near as influential as Keane for me. They are different player so it is hard to directly compare them. Its like comparing Keane to Zidane for example. Both top class but have different strengths.

M

Mugwump

Giggs at his best was on the wing, whilst still a great player he isn't near the level he used to be. For me Scholes is still a wonderful player, playing and performing in the position he has always played.

I dont think scholes plays at the same level as he used to either. I have seen some average performance from him in the last few years. I think the second half of last season fergie got it spot on how to use him so he is effective again. When he plays like he has at the start of this season he is an absolutley wonderful footballer.

S

Space Wolf

Lets face it, Wenger has a point. It always gets laughed off when Scholes takes someone out, whether it's just mistimed or not. It won't have been so funny if he'd ended someones career.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W66JLyOAt7g"]YouTube- UCL Final 09 Barcelona - Manchester Scholes brutal tackle[/nomedia]

B

Basingstoke Wolf

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...enger-labels-Paul-Scholes-a-dirty-player.html

Having a go at Paul Scholes this time. The man is a complete ****head. The manager with the worst eyesight in England. Never sees any of the awful tackles his little angels do, but very quick to have a go at any other players who are remotely physical. Scholes isnt even dirty. He dives in a bit and makes some rash tackles, but he isnt a dirty player imo.

his comments were misinterpret and his words twisted! i saw his interview on football focus, somethings been lost in translation or perhaps thats how the sun wanted to interpret his statement! all wenger said is hes a bit dirty (scholes' tackling has always been poor) while talking up his many qualities!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
his comments were misinterpret and his words twisted! i saw his interview on football focus, somethings been lost in translation or perhaps thats how the sun wanted to interpret his statement! all wenger said is hes a bit dirty (scholes' tackling has always been poor) while talking up his many qualities!

Why did he feel the need to highlight a "bad point" with one of the great British players? Lets not forget Wenger is the toss pot that slated Henry (incorrectly) last season and seemingly any player that has the temerity to tackle one of his tippy tappy primadonas.

We play a high tempo, pressing game so expect similar bitching about Wolves from the mighty Winger both before and after our games with them (unless of course they trounce us).

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wenger spent the interview praising Scholes as one of the best players in the world!

Good old tabloids :D

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scholes knows exactly what he is doing when he leaves the foot in otherwise it would happen all the time, when it looks like the other team might break through in goes the boot, a very good player but please don`t ignore a side of him which would see him red carded and pilloried if he wasn`t playing for Manchester United..IMO

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wenger spent the interview praising Scholes as one of the best players in the world!

Good old tabloids :D

Well actually I watched the interview too, he did refer to the darker side of his game...why did he feel the need to mention it? Viera was dirty, Keane was dirty and countless Wolves players havent been afraid to put themselves about..

i just hate the thought of football turning into a pussy whipped brady bunch version of itself

B

Basingstoke Wolf

Why did he feel the need to highlight a "bad point" with one of the great British players? Lets not forget Wenger is the toss pot that slated Henry (incorrectly) last season and seemingly any player that has the temerity to tackle one of his tippy tappy primadonas.

We play a high tempo, pressing game so expect similar bitching about Wolves from the mighty Winger both before and after our games with them (unless of course they trounce us).

he said and i quote "he was not always the fairest player", quick lets lynch the french scumbag. how dare he say something so offensive!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he said and i quote "he was not always the fairest player", quick lets lynch the french scumbag. how dare he say something so offensive!

And I quote:

"You ask me was Scholes a fair player: I say no, I’m sorry, for me he was not a fair player. There’s a little bit of a darker side in him, sometimes, that I did not like. I respect him highly as a quality player but I did not like some things he did on the football pitch and I have the right to say that. It’s not because you are older suddenly that you are a saint. “The regret I have personally is he was not always the fairest player."

Why did he feel the need to say it though..thats my point! I can't remember another manager that slates opposition players as much as him, I can understand it in the heat of an aftermatch incident...but in a press conference?

In my view Wenger is a wining berk who won the only premiership he ever did with an overly physical side and then has the gall to complain about other teams playing in the same manner.

B

Basingstoke Wolf

Why did he feel the need to say it though..thats my point! I can't remember another manager that slates opposition players as much as him, I can understand it in the heat of an aftermatch incident...but in a press conference?

In my view Wenger is a wining berk who won the only premiership he ever did with an overly physical side and that has the gall to complain about other teams playing in the same manner.

i agree wenger is a whining muppet who has selective sight and little appreciation for the physical side of the game. but the way he was talking was as if he was answering the question: scholes; your thoughts on his qualities and where could he have improved his game?

seems likely. dry your eyes.

Devil's Slide Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is this thread relevant?
Scholes is a dirty player, wenger calls, him out on it, spoilt footie fan gets upset.
thread over.

B

Basingstoke Wolf

Scholes is a dirty player, wenger calls, him out on it, spoilt footie fan gets upset.
thread over.

and we took a point at goodison!

who cares what somebody elses manager says about somebody elses player anyway!

E

Edgmond Wolf

Wenger is a complete nob.

Paul Scholes is one of the best midfielders in the Premier League

W

Wolfette all the pies

Spot on. I saw the interview too; typical journalist/red top paper - print the most controversial part of what Wenger has said and leave out anything that demonstrates a bit of balance.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wenger on this occasion got it absolutely right. A great player but undoubtedly with a dark side when it comes to 'mistimed' tackles. He epitomises the best and worst aspect of Man Ure as a club.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like what Wenger does in football, he is a bit of a tool though when it comes to the media but i dont really disagree with him much tbf.

Scholes is an appalling tackler, 1 of the worst i have seen, have thought this since i can remember watching football and when he was in his prime he hasnt got any better at the timing or the type of tackle he makes and with his age he still hasnt learnt that he cant tackle.
I agree. Wenger may see things through red tinted glasses but I would love to watch Wolves play the type of football that his Arsenal do week in week out.

M

Mugwump

thread over.

I`m not spoilt!! :D I`m just sick of the hypocritical french idiot having a go at other players when he has produced some of the most ill disciplined football teams i have ever seen. He is a ****head.

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsene is one of the greatest managers of the past few years.

M

Mugwump

Never said he wasnt a good manager, i said he was a ****head. Never sees anything his players do, but if somebody brushes against an arsenal player then they should be kicked out of football.

Back
Top Bottom