Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal predictions

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a bit more hopeful after watching them against Villa, who were superb today.

Arsenal have a really tough midweek game against Bayern Munich in the Champions League, which will probably end their hopes in that competition.

I’d love it if we we beat them, because I don’t like them, but I’ll settle for a draw to further derail their title hopes.

2-2 draw.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you need to stay in the game against Arsenal.

I've said on here before, the first 25 minutes at the Emirates is the best football I've seen against us this season. They were outstanding and blew us away.

But, that sums them up, they were two up and even then they had a nervy finish because we, more by luck than design, didn't concede a goal and pulled one back late on.

Look at today, Villa were second best first half, but they kept in it and then took control.

If they go two up in the first 30 minutes or half, it could be anything as we lose belief and our lack of depth is highlighted.

We'll have the atmosphere, so if we can stick in it, get them nervous then we might have a chance of at least making a game of it. Even if it means time wasting early on, or making it scrappy, just do what we can to make them nervous.

Having said all that, I think a comprehensive defeat, 3 or 4 nil, is far more likely - but I also thought we'd lose on Saturday.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve been collectively poor as a defensive unit for a few weeks now, if that continues Saturday then it’s going to be a long evening.

Just can’t see us getting anything but we’ve beaten a lot of good teams at home this season so you never know.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's hard to see anything but an Arsenal victory tbh but if we have Cunha, Hwang and RAN starting we go into the game with a chance. As others have said we need to stay in the game and don't give them early goals. I'll go for a Gunners victory by 2.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really really hope Arsenal get through v Bayern after extra time. Then they can celebrate and maybe we can catch them cold with a 2-1win

If not I don’t think it will end well. They will be smarting and we can’t keep a clean sheet for toffee or anything else for that matter.
Hoping for 2-1 but head says 0 3

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yes, a long and painful Wednesday night in Munich is our best chance. A good rest for our boys and maybe a front three of Hwang, Cunha and Sarabia with RAN in at LWB/LW hybrid and it will almost be like Christmas again.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal will be up for this after the Villa game and I fancy them to win. But Wolves have shown we can beat the top teams on our day so it wouldn't surprise me if we got something.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under the lights on a Saturday night: could be one the great nights with Molineux rocking or a 0-5 hammering... I'll go for a 1-1 borefest.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Difficult to say, really. They could be on a downer after Bayern on Wednesday, or they could get through, and be boosted. It could take a bit out of them as well.

One thing is for sure, though, is that we need to stop giving soft goals away.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After watching Villa dismantle them yesterday i have to say we still have no chance lol
They should have been 3 up against Villa but they stayed in it and Arsenal wilted second half
They wont miss the same chances against us and we are not as tight as Villa in defence
Im going for a hopeful 1-2 defeat but fear an early goal against us will open the flood gates

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nothing to play for, players are knackered and will know they should be in London this weekend, chance for Arsenal to go back top after their setback yesterday. Yeah I'm not really fancying it!

Wolves 9-0 Arsenal
Do those wonderful tablets have a 'generic over the counter' version? :)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you thought forest would smash us but we going to turn over arsenal :)
Away from home we aren’t the same entity at the moment but we are improving Saturday was alright I thought. Could of been worse, could of been better. I don’t like arsenal looking at the excuses they are tired maybe we can beat them :)

Please drop Sarabia and play Bouba

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our defence is a bit creaky atm and our midfield look knackered, so for me, I think we have to try and keep on the front foot. Start Cunha and Hwang and RAN if fit. Our lack of game changing subs is an issue, but Sarabia may benefit from not starting, and I would like to see what Little Luigi Lemina can do. Let's a go.......

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I predict a Friday afternoon call Premier League to PGMOL

PL, "Hi Howard, you know we need the title race to go to the last game don't you?"
HW, "Erm, yes but that's another four weeks away, why you calling now?"
PL, "We need Arsenal to still be in with a shout old chap, if you get our drift?"
HW, "Ah, gotcha, to be honest I haven't looked at tomorrow's fixtures, who have Arsenal got this weekend?"
PL, "Only our old friends Wolverhampton Wanderers."
HW, "Hmmmm, yes they can be a bit of a pain from time to time, never read the script and all that. Leave it with me I'll give our lads a quick call in the morning, they'll know what is needed."
PL, "Cheers Howard, we knew we could rely on you, usual is on its way to the Cayman's this afternoon."

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
I think we’ll nick it, maybe one goal in it but I fully expect Arsenal to go out of the CL on Wednesday so the pressure will be on a pretty deflated team come Saturday evening and all eyes will be on them. Not the first time they’ve bottled it!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gabriel will act like a Billy Big *******s, then cry and fall over when someone goes near him.

Wolves 2 Arsenal 3. Cunha and Hwang to score.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are due a bit of luck even if VAR and the refs let us down. Forest's second goal was down to the luck of the bounce. Could have gone anywhere, but like Villa's first it bounced nicely for the attacker.

if the luck goes our way and they are as wasteful as they were against Villa then we could get something. especially with RAN, Hwang and Cunha back.

Lawndog

Reaction score
Recent evidence would suggest they'll smash us.......however, this is the sort of game where our lads generally raise themselves......

Just hope RAN and Hwangy are fit to start........a front 3 of those 2 and Cuhna could do some serious damage......

Back
Top Bottom