Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal handed unusual kick-off time against Wolves amid awkward fixture pile-up along with Liverpool and Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Football-addict

Arsenal are in the middle of a chaotic fixture schedule and have been handed a strange kick-off time this weekend.

The Gunners travel to Wolves on Saturday, live on talkSPORT, and the game will get started at the unusual time of 7.30pm.

Arteta’s side have a very busy schedule
AFP

That slot has been chosen for the game as Mikel Arteta‘s side have midweek fixtures on either side of it.

It comes just three days after Arsenal were knocked out of the Champions League after losing to Bayern Munich on Wednesday.

Then, next Tuesday night, they will host Chelsea at 8pm in a match that was rescheduled due to the Blues’ involvement in the FA Cup quarter-finals.

So, therefore, the only slot available to allow the appropriate recovery time for the players was an extra late kick-off on Saturday.

Following a damaging defeat to Aston Villa last time out, Arsenal will be keen to bounce back and regain momentum in the title race.

And they’ll have to recover from that loss quickly with so many games scheduled for the rest of this month.

Things will get hectic for the Premier League title chasers, as after having three games in less than a week, they are cheduled to then face Tottenham away on Sunday, April 28.

It means Arsenal will have been forced to play nine matches across a four-week span.

Arsenal's fixture nightmare​

March 31: Man City 0-0 Arsenal

April 3: Arsenal 2-0 Luton

April 6: Brighton 0-3 Arsenal

April 9: Arsenal 2-2 Bayern Munich

April 14: Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa

April 17: Bayern Munich 1-0 (3-2) Arsenal

April 20: Wolves (A) – 7.30pm

April 23: Chelsea (H) – 8pm

April 28: Tottenham (A) – 2pm

Title rivals Liverpool and Manchester City have not had it easy either, with nine games scheduled in the same period.

Speaking following his side’s elimination from the Champions League, Arteta discussed how his side can bounce back with another fixture coming around so quickly.

He said: “What I’m going to do for sure, all the staff, all the coaching staff, is be close to the players.

“I feel so grateful to be their coach and to work with them every single day.

“And what they need is that we stand right next to them, give them our support, our love, and I will have to pick it up because on Saturday we have a big, big, big game.

“We’re still playing for a Premier League and I would really want it. We have to show now that we are capable of turning this around.”

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom