Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5693.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

Here we go again. After Monday night’s shenanigans, we’re back on the road and back down to London. A much tougher game though this afternoon.

But we should go into it quaking with fear. Our record this season against the sides challenging at the top is pretty decent (W v Man City and Spurs, D v Villa and Newcastle, L v Liverpool). OK those were all at home, and our away record over the last couple of years isn’t much to cheer about. But this is a team that can go up against these big teams and compete. And as fans that’s all we can ask.

In terms of line-up, we’re a few key players down (Neto, Ait-Nouri, Gomes, Lemina). I think I’d be looking to keep things fairly steady where possible, so anyone who started Monday and can start today should.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Bueno
Semedo Bouba Doyle Toti
Bellegarde Cunha Hwang​

Bentley, Doherty, Jonny, Bueno, Hesketh, Chirewa, Sarabia, Fabio, Sasa.

We are low on numbers, and Arsenal aint the sort of team you want to be facing without some of your better players. But let’s not give in before a ball is kicked. Back Gary and the lads all the way and you just never know!

For me this week is more about the Burnley and Forest games, I think if we could win both of those then todays result isn’t as important. I’d be absolutely delighted with a jammy, hard earned point today to take into them games.

Personally I love this time of year, there’s something about going to the football in the cold, frosty weather, and between now and new year there’s just so much football to get stuck into!

Whether you’re following from London, Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be at the game today ( unfortunately not in the away end) ...first visit to the Emirates.
I'm expecting to see lots of skill, intricate passing and lots of goals......unfortunately not from the boys in Old Gold.
Expect the worst, hope for the best!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no chance. With our full squad, it would be difficult, but with the players we have out, it's doubly so. When was the last time we beat a Sky 6 team in the Prem? OK, other than Man City (3 times) or Spuds (4 times) or Chelsea or Liverpool (once) or Man Utd (2 times) or even Arsenal themselves ( 3 times?). We never beat them (except when we do)!
Let's just hope for a bit of luck, a bit of refereeing and VAR 'payback' and a good display and of course to keep the score below last season's 5.
I predict Arsenal 0- 2 Wolves. :D

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Today is a free hit for me. But my heart is still going for an away win….its the Wolves way.

I’m still absolutely fuming from Monday - I never felt like that after a game….felt cheated. Makes my blood boil. Watching it in the pub with my Dad and brother in law….they had to calm me down before I walked out the doors before game ended!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heading down as a PA for my mate and will be glad to tick-off another ground this year!

No doubt it will be a tricky one for us, but seeing our record against the European sides this campaign and 3 weeks ago against Spurs, anything is doable on a day like today.

Just hope we can be tighter in defence knowing we still haven’t had a clean sheet since Everton away and that is so far our only one of the season.

Starting off well is crucial too, knowing how that set that tone for Monday.

Hope you enjoys the game wherever you are watching and hope this is a season of good joy for you all and the Old Gold!

loppers86

Reaction score
it feels like an international break weekend to me.

i hope we get good GON this weekend after the shambles of last mondays tactics and subs.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two trips to the capital in a week and my wallets bleedin feeling it guv.
Personally, I don't give us much of a prayer (with or without VAR), and may find it difficult to tear myself from the confines of a warm boozer come kick off time.
But to give it an optimistic spin, i"m going for a backs to the wall display that ends 2-2 with the big geezer up front netting two off his shoulder.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t expect anything but a pasting today. So, as long as it’s a good effort by the boys and not a Blades or Flum type performance, then I wont complain.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the players we have missing, I fear the worst today, but hope for the best.

Maybe today will be the first game this season we get some lucky break with the officials… there again, maybe not.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see much from today's game except a big defeat.
Biggest hope is that we don't pick up more injuries or silly cards.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would rather a heavy defeat than a valiant performance that is stolen by VAR in the 99th minute.

I think that either are entirely possible but go with the former.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would rather a heavy defeat than a valiant performance that is stolen by VAR in the 99th minute.

I think that either are entirely possible but go with the former.
Can’t see VAR not siding with Arteta after the ****storm that happened when Arsenal had *ONE* decision go against them before.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t expect anything but a pasting today. So, as long as it’s a good effort by the boys and not a Blades or Flum type performance, then I wont complain.
Same here mate. No expectations from me. I'm firmly behind gary and the team. A draw would really make my weekend but if not just don't let them off lightly.

We are wolves

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see us defending well, frustrating them, nicking a goal against the run of play... which gets disallowed after a 10 minute delay when VAR find Kilman stepped on Saka's bootlace. Arsenal then get a 99th minute penalty after Dawson won a comanding header but shouted "mine" too loudly.

1-0 to the Arsenal. Sky and officials go home happy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone going to this better wrap up well. Currently 1C in Islington.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty much all let you in. Try Liverpool road, upper street or the few by Highbury and Islington tube.
Interesting because that's contrary to my experience. I live in Islington and have been turned away from boozers for not being an Arsenal fan regularly on match days.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
For Wolves fans based here, or visiting a freezing cold Germany today.
Arsenal vs Wolves match is LIVE on German Sky. KO @ 16:00. COYW!
1701524470067.png

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the players we have missing, I fear the worst today, but hope for the best.

Maybe today will be the first game this season we get some lucky break with the officials… there again, maybe not.
Well yeah, ‘it all evens itself out’ doesn’t it?
Therefore a nonsense red for them and 2 penalties for us would just about make up for the Fulham game, never mind the rest of the season so far. About the only way I can see us winning this one tbh.

Kennedy

Reaction score
Team

Attachments

• 20231202_140127.jpg
    20231202_140127.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 10

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting because that's contrary to my experience. I live in Islington and have been turned away from boozers for not being an Arsenal fan regularly on match days.
Just walked into the the famous **** next H&I tube no questions asked

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big game for Doyle. Some days see the birth of legends, others the start of a journey into obscurity. No pressure then…:tearsofjoy:

Back
Top Bottom