Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are we staying up or going down?

Staying up?

• Staying up

Votes: 120 32.2%
  • Going down

Votes: 253 67.8%

• Total voters

MontyR

Reaction score
I think if it looks like we'll be going down come January then Guo will step in and tell Jorge to keep us up whatever way he can. It'll cost Jeff, Scott etc their jobs, and it may keep us financially tight for the next 3/4 years though.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll stay up. The world cup is a blessing for us. Gives us a chance to re-group, hopefully get the right manager in, and do a bit of tweaking during the transfer window.

King Henry VIII

Groupie
Reaction score
I am desperate for us to find a way out of this mess and stay up but I just don't see it happening unless we somehow manage to start scoring goals.

That would require us to reverse the trend of the last few seasons which started in Nuno's last season and has culminated in the current nadir. And how do we do that with a squad notable for it's dearth of goal scorers?

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Staying up. Might not be so certain at the end of tomorrow.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just about staying up. But it'll be close. Forest, Bournemouth, Southampton and Leeds will be down there. An injury to Neves or Adama could swing it.

Most of the now established PL side have had at least one season where they've skated on thin ice with the bottom 3. Maybe it's our turn.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nailed on relegated. The rot has set in. I can’t see where our next win will come from and we don’t have the players with the stomach for a fight.

You can argue that in 4 years of being in the PL this team has consistently failed to achieve what it could do, falling at the final hurdle and when you’re in a relegation battle you need teams that are able to win those crucial games or put that critical wins together. We’ve been in the box position numerous times and failed, why won’t we fail to avoid relegation? I know people will say we’ve had the best football for 40 years and we have but we’ve had the following failures:

1. 2-0 up with 12 minutes to go in FA Cup Semi Final and failed to get over the line.
2. Season 2, chances to get into Europe League or even Champions League but fail to beat Burnley and Sheffield Utd, lose to Arsenal and then lose at Chelsea where a draw would have done.
3. Last season, February pushing for Champion’s League, March, April and May West Ham and Man U are opening the door for us to qualify for European football. We fail to take it and can’t even finish 8th where a win vs relegated Norwich would have guaranteed it.

This proves that whilst we have good players we don’t have fighters. If things run our way they look good but we buckle under pressure and don’t succeed in the critical moments. We’re now in a relegation battle and people expect things to be different. We are going down, probably pitifully, and will be amongst the Chamionship also rans next year as we play all those who have been on loan this year alongside the current U23s. I don’t think we’ll experience double relegation although there is no guarenteee.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Nailed on relegated. The rot has set in. I can’t see where our next win will come from and we don’t have the players with the stomach for a fight.

You can argue that in 4 years of being in the PL this team has consistently failed to achieve what it could do, falling at the final hurdle and when you’re in a relegation battle you need teams that are able to wins those crucial games or put that critical win together. We’ve been in the box position numerous times and failed, why won’t we fail to avoid relegation? I know people we say we’ve had the best football for 40 years and we have but we’ve had the following failures:

1. 2-0 up with 12 minutes to go in FA Cup Semi Final and failed to get over the line.
2. Season 2, chances to get into Europe League or even Champions League but fail to beat Burnley and Sheffield Utd, lose to Arsenal and then lose at Chelsea where a draw would have done.
3. Last season, February pushing for Champion’s League, March, April and May West Ham and Man U are opening the door for us to qualify for European football. We fail to take it and can’t even finish 8th where a win vs relegated Norwich would have guaranteed it.

This proves that whilst we have good players we don’t have fighters. If things run our way they look good but we buckle under pressure and don’t succeed in the critical moments. We’re now in a relegation battle and people expect things to be different. We are going down, probably pitifully, and will be amongst the Chamionship also rans next year as we play all those who have been on loan this year alongside the current U23s. I don’t think we’ll experience double relegation although there is no guarenteee.
Some are glass half full, some glass half full some haven’t got a glass at all.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Things may be too far gone by the time the temporary arrangement finishes in Jan 2023.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting relegated. The ineptness of getting in a replacement coach is going to cost us big time. So negligent.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can argue that in 4 years of being in the PL this team has consistently failed to achieve what it could do, falling at the final hurdle and when you’re in a relegation battle you need teams that are able to win those crucial games or put that critical wins together. We’ve been in the box position numerous times and failed, why won’t we fail to avoid relegation? I know people will say we’ve had the best football for 40 years and we have but we’ve had the following failures:

Our failure to win the FA Cup semi final with a team containing Ruddy, Coady, Saïss, Boly, Bennett, Dendoncker, Doc, Jota, Cav and Vinagre probably has little influence on what today's squad would do in a relegation battle.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Forest are currently winning, I feel wolves will finish rock bottom. No worries though, tickets for the hardcore will be easy.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Really worried. A few of the sides I thought we would finish above have opened a bit of a gap already.

12 points from the last 18 games. Lowest number of goals in the country (and our history). An inexperienced management team and suffering injuries to key players in positions where we don’t have quality cover.

Think we have just about enough quality in the squad but feels like one of those seasons where anything that can go wrong is.

Would snap your hand off for 17th right now.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re going down.

Can we stay up? Absolutely, but I do not have faith that the correct decisions will be made.

Last edited:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we'll go down as things stand to be honest but that could change greatly based on the managerial appointment post-WC.

At the moment, there's a perfect storm of factors that could see us finishing in the bottom three. An unstable managerial situation, injuries to our two main CF's and general disharmony/discontent around the club speak to a tough season ahead. Despite beating Liverpool at the time of writing, I think Forest are still the worst team in the league and that Bournemouth aren't great either. Outside of that, there's no clear candidate for a worse team than us at the moment. 2 wins in 16 or so PL games is a tough run to turnaround too.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Staying up. It's ridiculously tight and it won't be pretty but we'll have enough. Without a major overhaul in our set up though I think it'll be nothing more than a stay of execution

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Stay up.... 45 points in my opinion. With the players we have we should be doing better than we are.There were better signs at palace but ultimately no points, Football is all about confidence and we are short of it at present but the next 3 games are winnable. I'll take scrappy 1-0's just get to the break a new manager and a couple of strikers and we will be fine

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything points to relegation and will continue to unless we find a way to score more goals. The ridiculous decisions over manager will cost us. Lage should have gone in May, then before international break and we need a new manager now not 2023. Complacency will prove to be very costly unless we get very lucky with a new manager and a couple of goal scorers in January.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our failure to win the FA Cup semi final with a team containing Ruddy, Coady, Saïss, Boly, Bennett, Dendoncker, Doc, Jota, Cav and Vinagre probably has little influence on what today's squad would do in a relegation battle.
It’s more symptomatic of the culture at the club. Let’s not push for success let’s potter along mid table Premier. Unfortunately it’s blown up big style. Joint bottom tomorrow evening and bottom by the WC break is my prediction.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on what happens in January. Get lopetegui or someone as good and we‘ll be fine if we don’t then we’re in big trouble.

Exactly. On current course, we are going down. How do we change course? This isn't a blip. It's only the good blips in the last 2 seasons that kept us afloat, when mostly the football was right down there at bottom 6, relegation battler level.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stay up.... 45 points in my opinion. With the players we have we should be doing better than we are.There were better signs at palace but ultimately no points, Football is all about confidence and we are short of it at present but the next 3 games are winnable. I'll take scrappy 1-0's just get to the break a new manager and a couple of strikers and we will be fine

It's more about effort and determination and we are the worst in the division at those. Could argue that we have been over-confident to the point of complacency. On pitch and off pitch. Believeing we have some sort of superiority so don't need to work as hard as the rest due to all our gifted fancy flick flair players or something.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve voted down but we are teetering on the edge in reality. Some major decisions need to be spot on.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we are in a battle now for sure . Have we got players for a relegation battle I am not sure .

For me it will depend on who we get in by January and who they can sign

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A real flip on a coin moment, 50/50 straight down the middle. Ask me in about 3 weeks.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still to early to be sure either way, certainly in danger of doing so, and current form and lack of goals needs to be turned round fairly quickly if relegation isn't going to become the most likely outcome. Positives are we do on the whole have some decent players in the squad and players to come back from injury, but they need to start performing to the level they are capable of.

Think at moment more likely to stay up than go down but not by much and without an upturn soon the balance will change the other way

Writer Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Depends on what happens during the World Cup break and into January.

If Fosun pull out all the stops to get a top-class manager, spend more money, and hopefully fire Shi/Sellers then I think we will survive.

If not and they keep Davis or hire some Lage-like manager, then yes we'll be relegated and I think we'll see a Tory party-style implosion.

I guess we'll know one way or another by New Year's Day, if not sooner.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Down within the next two years. The football has been atrocious for 3 years. It ain't changing.

Back
Top Bottom