Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are we open for sale

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t know and don’t know how credible any of this is but could explain the reluctance managers joining.

Attachments

• 16B88C87-088F-470D-86A5-F54B2C7DEAD0.jpeg
    16B88C87-088F-470D-86A5-F54B2C7DEAD0.jpeg
    788.7 KB · Views: 555

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFS What the hell is going on, just when you think it can’t get any worse……………..it does

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was calling this 12-18 months ago, when we were seemingly being run lean.
What confuses me about this rumour now, if true, is, what was the splurge of money on player purchases in the summer all about?
Was it a vain attempt at buying players below their perceived market value, in order to raise the overall value of the portfolio and brand, in readiness for selling up?
I really don't know the answer, as I'm not nearly educated enough in the world of big business.
I remember when we signed Nunes though, other teams fans were going mental at the low price and saying he'd leave for £75m+ as soon as one of the big boys came knocking.

Last edited:

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way the club is being run isnt going to help their cause with this. They wont get as much for it in the championship and will have to offload players at reduced prices.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve found it weird. FOSUN are obviously successful and I’m sure Jeff is a good businessman…. but surely he can see the need for a football person to be in. And if he can’t then he is inept.

Shi and Sellars as a combination are woeful. It’s been mistake after mistake really starting with Doc/jota and since this point has been **** up after **** up. I’d argue before this point in time we seemed to be run quite well. Or was it blind luck.

I can’t help thinking Laurie Dalrymple going was a shock and it’s been downhill since but I’m sure I’ll get **** down in flames for that.

Im a bit confused now.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What confuses me about this rumour now, if true, is, what was the splurge of money on player purchases in the summer all about?
Was it a vain attempt at buying players below their perceived market value, in order to raise the overall value of the portfolio and brand, in readiness for selling up?
I really don't know the answer, as I'm not nearly educated enough in the world of big business.
I remember when we signed Nunez though, other teams fans were going mental at the low price and saying he'd leave for £75m+ as soon as one of the big boys came knocking.
A desperate attempt to retain PL survival to get a better price.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After spending £100M two months ago ?

Heard it was the stake in Man City.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be at least some good news for once to get new owners who might just have some idea what they're doing.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember when we signed Nunes though, other teams fans were going mental at the low price and saying he'd leave for £75m+ as soon as one of the big boys came knocking.
My opinion of the ‘splurge’ is they can see Nunes will command a £50-£60m fee in a year if he has a half decent season, pot luck on a cheap striker who mayy actually add a few quid on his price, Collins will increase significantly in value, B Traore will surely increase his asking price with prem experience, and the massive saleability of Neves will put high value into the club. Having highly saleable assets make the club more attractive to potential buyers.
That’s my interpretation of the buying ‘strategy’ of the summer at this moment in time.

Pilchard

Groupie
Reaction score
INEOS are looking to buy more clubs especially in the Prem. Lucien Favre is their manager at Nice.

They already own part of Mercedes F1 and a cycling team. Bizarrely I believe that Mendes is getting involved in the world of cycling too.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
INEOS are looking to buy more clubs especially in the Prem. Lucien Favre is their manager at Nice.

They already own part of Mercedes F1 and a cycling team. Bizarrely I believe that Mendes is getting involved in the world of cycling too.
Interesting thanks

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hasn’t Ratcliffe been linked with Manure?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we were buying players to assemble the best squad we possibly could for the premier league?

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think this is nothing more than a failure to understand how to run a football club. Mistake after mistake since the start of nuno's last season. Plain as day why he'd had enough.
Also, can now understand what Cona Coady meant when he left saying something is going on at WWFC. or words to that effect

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A desperate attempt to retain PL survival to get a better price.

Well they have a funny way of doing it. Trying to employ a manager who has had 15 games experience and now giving it to someone with a few games experience, is a strange way of keeping the club in the Premier League, to sell them afterwards.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, who would be the dream owners?

My biggest fear is something similar to the Newcastle ones.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well they have a funny way of doing it. Trying to employ a manager who has had 15 games experience and now giving it to someone with a few games experience, is a strange way of keeping the club in the Premier League, to sell them afterwards.

At the moment nothing they do is making sense.

I’m never a happy clapper but I’m not a negative person either. But I’m kinda bewildered by it all.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So, who would be the dream owners?

My biggest fear is something similar to the Newcastle ones.

To be honest sensible owners.

Plenty of cash but have the brains to realise they need a good strong director of football to oversee the football ops side of things.

Not a cash rich company who put someone who hasn’t got a clue in charge

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we should have got the absolute best manager too.
Yeah, but a good chunk of the fanbase wanted to see Bruno backed.
I still don't see any real coherent idea of who the absolute best manager for the job is. And I still think we're better off now than under the guy we had at the start of the season.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be honest sensible owners.

Plenty of cash but have the brains to realise they need a good strong director of football to oversee the football ops side of things.

Not a cash rich company who put someone who hasn’t got a clue in charge
I really didn't like the idea of the Chinese owning our club, I certainly wouldn't want Saudi Arabians here,
there are bigger issues around the World than Footie.

Back
Top Bottom