Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are we in agreement?

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Judging from our opening 2 games I am of the opinion that the dramatic changes seen in our style of play justify the release of Nuno.
As the players adjust to this new attacking system I think we are going to see the points coming in.
I trust the process, how many of us here do as well?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Judging from our opening 2 games I am of the opinion that the dramatic changes seen in our style of play justify the release of Nuno.
As the players adjust to this new attacking system I think we are going to see the points coming in.

I'm quietly confident we'll finish higher this season than last, although I feel we'll lose next week too.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m really torn to be honest, yes it’s much more enjoyable to watch and I am definitely encouraged by performances so far. However I’m also of the opinion that the fact we’ve played so well and had so many attempts at goal in these two games and yet lost without scoring a goal isn’t really a good sign. We really need a win.

Hazza

Reaction score
I enjoyed the game today and thought our attacking play was excellent to the point of finishing

I’m hopeful we’ll get better especially with the two centre backs to come back, Neto and Podence as well to strengthen the bench.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Very positive today, shame its Utd next week because we need a goal to give the forward line some confidence..

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me. Give me attacking football any day. Goals will come. Points will come.

I remain skeptical about the financial side of things and Fosun's current gameplan, and I don't personally think last week was a massive step forward in itself. But, today, I only saw good things and if that's the way of things going forward then I'm enjoying the complete change of dynamic on the field.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The improvement over the last few games appears to suggest that the players are starting to adapt/buying in to the way Bruno wants to play - good 45mins against Leicester followed by 90 against spurs. Just need the cherry on the top now - the goals. Surely we're finally going to splash out on a proper senior forward/striker to support Raul...

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positive after two games. Ask me again though after 31st August.

Still worry a little where goals will come from particularly if Traore is sold…..but could easily have had points in both games if Traore remembered to run around the keeper (just teach him it is a defender not a keeper).

Thought Spurs were very poor first half and then very Nuno-esque second half playing on the break.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could and probably would have lost the first 3 games under Nuno. Especially how we were playing last season.

The change in style of play and energy in the team is very promising. Providing we bolster the squad in the days left of the transfer window and the existing players continue to get used to the system - I've no doubt we'll pick up more points than last season.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After all that he'd done for us, I was calling for Nuno to go as it had gone completely stale and the brilliant attacking players we have were stifled in his system. Bring in an attacking coach and we will play fast attacking football with players capable to do so.
Have seen nothing to change my mind.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I’m really torn to be honest, yes it’s much more enjoyable to watch and I am definitely encouraged by performances so far. However I’m also of the opinion that the fact we’ve played so well and had so many attempts at goal in these two games and yet lost without scoring a goal isn’t really a good sign. We really need a win.

Exactly as I see it.

It can be very difficult to recover from a slow start. Fulham last year and Watford the season before both had horrific starts and despite improving significantly in the second half of the season were unable to claw back the ground.

I’m really encouraged with the way we’re playing and the number of attempts but worried about the lack of goals, particularly given the news on Neto.

I’d snap your hand off for a scrappy 1-0 win in either of the upcoming games against Brentford and Watford.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I saw a Tottenham team today reminiscent of the Wolves we have been watching for the previous 2 seasons.
I think with a fully firing and fit Raul, Neto and Podence we have a lot to look forward to.
We have been efficient in previous seasons at hitting teams off guard and winning by a goal or two but how many times did we see us holding on like Tottenham were today.
I think once this clicks we have the potential to be ruthless.
Hitting teams and then hitting them again.
Not sitting back and defending a lead.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree but will only trust the process if Shi delivers Bruno the players he needs in the next 8 days. You can tell from the first two games that if Bruno is backed with the 3 or 4 players he wants then we could have a really good side here. It is really fine margins in my opinion. Back Bruno and give him the depth and competitive squad he wants and we will have a decent season. Dont back him and risk a poor season and a struggle with a squad too weak on depth.

The process now very much depends on Shi in the next 8 days in my opinion.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only been able to listen to the last 2 games, but the last 135 minutes sound promising, but of course we need goals. The longer we stay pointless the worse it becomes. But let's be honest, who really expected anything better than one maybe 2 points out of our first 3 games? Not me. We can't get cut adrift though, so we need to get more clinical. I think we can do it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I’d go with that. Feels like the players are energised again. We do need some points on the board soon though to keep spirits high.

Agree with this. Looked they were really enjoiying their football today. In contrast, there were matches even before first lockdown, where it looked like they just wanted it over with the minimum of effort. I would imagine, after 2 such good performances, even losing both, they will be really up for the next one and are looking forward to it.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought we would have to wait for a victory for the 'told you so' thread.
I think it speaks volumes that we have seen the improvement without a Victory.
What we saw today from Tottenham was us.
Holding on and ****ting themselves for 90 minutes.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

If we finish higher than 7th it will be a success, 13th would be acceptable.

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
Very positive with the style of play so far. You can see it live how far we are up the pitch. Saiss and Kilman are pretty much centre midfielders when we are on the attack.

But we are only 2 games in and with the tough fixtures they've been semi free hits. If this continues after the international break and we aren't putting the ball in the net against Watford and Brentford i'm not sure we'll all feel so great about the better football.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly as I see it.

It can be very difficult to recover from a slow start. Fulham last year and Watford the season before both had horrific starts and despite improving significantly in the second half of the season were unable to claw back the ground.

I’m really encouraged with the way we’re playing and the number of attempts but worried about the lack of goals, particularly given the news on Neto.

I’d snap your hand off for a scrappy 1-0 win in either of the upcoming games against Brentford and Watford.

Slow start in terms of points. But performance level, we are way ahead of the Watford, Fulham, Sheff U, Albion etc teams that ended up relegated. I recall Fulham losing 3-0 to Arsenal, early last season. Might even have been their first match. They were utterly hopeless. At the end, you could only think Fulham were in the wrong division, they were so off the pace! Sheff Utd, Albion too. Same every season. Nobody could be thinking that about us so far.

We looked more like relegation material in many matches in second half of last season, than we have so far under Bruno. However, our lack of goal scoring is going to prevent us being able to achieve much more than safety. I still think we need a couple of the proverbial "marquee" signings to have an assured, enjoyable season secure in mid-table. Without those, though the style is very different, I can see the end result being much the same as last season - safe, but still let down by a goal shortage and not having the squad depth to cope when key players get injured.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that being totally honest with ourselves we would expect nothing from our opening 3 games ( so far it seems this is what we will get). However, the performances in the two opening games show positive signs of change for the good.

I was prepared to give Bruno a chance, untill Christmas, to show the style e wanted us to play before i would begin to judge. In two games i have changed that opinion and have decided i am fully on board with him, provided that this is the style he wants, and i trust the goals and results will come.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20/21 recap
Spurs 1-1. 0-2 1 point
Leicester 0-1 0-0 1 point
Man Utd 0-1 1-2. zero points
That was last year and with some pretty tedious football We got two points last season off our first three opponents.
So one win this season and we are quids in !

Ginger Wolf

Reaction score
I think we deserved something from both the first 2 games and I am very encouraged by what I've seen, and I am more optomistic for the season ahead than I was despite the 2 defeats.
The players look more up for it and are showing more fight than they did last season which is great to see.
We just need to be more clinical in front of goal or maybe a goal to go in off someones backside like it did for Grealish yesterday, and we'll be okay.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The two performances so far are what Fosun wanted from Nuno. For all kinds of reasons Nuno could not provide possession based attacking football so in came Bruno. Give him time and a few additions and we can certainly aim for top 10 at least. With hindsight I think the decision to replace Nuno was the correct one. The football had become predictable and boring. It’s the same players so the difference must be the kind of play the coach now wants.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well today, and we'll be good to watch. Probably didn't play as well as the last time we hosted Spurs with a crowd though and we really need to be testing the keeper more. For all of our good build up play, we didn't create many really good openings (but we know from experience that the opposition manager is very good at shutting that kind of thing out)

Has to be said Spurs today were very much like we were for much of last season (in total contrast to last week). But a stark reality is one manager has maximum points and two clean sheets while the other has no points or goals, Lage could do with that swinging around sooner rather than later (and I think - on our side at least - it will)

Last edited:

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I left the ground today feeling like I’d witnessed a win - even though we didn’t, literally made Spurs look like a pub team clinging on by their fingernails for most of the match, the fact the goal came from a dubious penalty summed it up really.

Loved watching how passionate Bruno was on the touch line and yet respectful making a hasty exit to give Nuno his moment.

I am pumped for this season, I just hope Jeff supports him as much as I do as a fan.

Bring it on Man U, COYW!

Im sober honest!

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like his style. He needs to be given the players he needs to get us results. It's refreshing but it'll become toxic quickly if we don't see results. As it stands it's going to be Jeff and the board getting pelters not Bruno.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hoping we don’t become what Brighton were last season.

There is a middle ground to be found between style and pragmatism and at the moment it feels like we’ve gone from one extreme to another.

But I suppose you have far more of a chance to win a game if you have 25 shots than if you have none!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last week it was Leicester very average,despite the week before playing Man City off the park
This week its Spurs very average,despite the week before playing Man City off the park
So that must mean Man City are relegation fodder,or just maybe we made them look average
Encouraged so far with the play,just need to start scoring,we have had the chances and thats a plus,but think we need another striker or at least a forward that can find the net in this coming week
So come on Jeff dig deep and get a move on

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The early signs are looking good. We haven't scored, but we are looking to create more chances.

Neves looks to be revelling in the new style. I always thought he could do more, and shouldn't have just been sitting in front of Coady.

Throw Ait-Nouri in on the left and we could have another attacking threat for the opposition to think about.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hoping we don’t become what Brighton were last season.

There is a middle ground to be found between style and pragmatism and at the moment it feels like we’ve gone from one extreme to another.

But I suppose you have far more of a chance to win a game if you have 25 shots than if you have none!
There is a whiff of Brighton about it, but they've got Neal Maupay, we've got Raul Jimenez, the quality should come through. Make no mistake though if we lose next week (which would obviously be no disgrace), we're going to be desperate for a result in our next two games or things could get very difficult

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Very positive with the style of play so far. You can see it live how far we are up the pitch. Saiss and Kilman are pretty much centre midfielders when we are on the attack.

But we are only 2 games in and with the tough fixtures they've been semi free hits. If this continues after the international break and we aren't putting the ball in the net against Watford and Brentford i'm not sure we'll all feel so great about the better football.
If we don’t put the ball into the net against Brentford and Watford - We will be on course for one of the worst starts in premier league history.

Back
Top Bottom