Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Apollo 11 ..50 years, did you watch?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
50 years ago today.......an incredible feat of engineering for the era and all the more remarkable to accomplish it in a very short time.

upload_2019-7-20_8-8-9.jpeg

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@bod101 ,
Hi, how was the photo done? I presume it’s all done on a mainframe or a LAN system. My question really is...
I guess the image is chosen and then the computer(s) does most of the work but does it need human correction or tweaking? and if so, how much? How long did it take?
Thanks.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
@bod101 ,
Hi, how was the photo done? I presume it’s all done on a mainframe or a LAN system. My question really is...
I guess the image is chosen and then the computer(s) does most of the work but does it need human correction or tweaking? and if so, how much? How long did it take?
Thanks.
We use Microsoft deep zoom technology. There is some tweaking then a load of rendering. The rendering takes a fair bit of time.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did watch it live,James Burke and Patrick Moore -didnt realise until recently that Armstrong got his speech slightly wrong.Should have said a small step for a man but a giant step for mankind.Forgot the second a.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I did watch it live,James Burke and Patrick Moore -didnt realise until recently that Armstrong got his speech slightly wrong.Should have said a small step for a man but a giant step for mankind.Forgot the second a.

I think I've seen him suggest that he did say "a" man but it got lost. He did have a lot to think about though,

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Recently, with new technologies they realized that he did say the ‘a’ ......the transmission hid it.

Back
Top Bottom