Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Apathy !!!

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I attended yesterday's game only because I was given a season ticket for the match from a friend , I haven't been since Middlesbrough and refuse to be a paying customer at molineux while the current hierarchy are there ...
After having a season ticket for most of the 90s and 00,s up until 2011 I'm truly saddened by the way our fan base have rolled over and died and just accept every bit of $$$$ the board throw at us!!!
To me this club is dying a very slow death and I can't for the life of me imagine this would have been tolerated 15-20 years ago , back at this time people would have been outside the billy Wright prostesting game after game ...
Until the club is sold and moxey is removed and replaced with somebody who realises that the clubs fanbase are the lifeblood of the club we will continue on a downward slide and more and more fans will fall by the wayside ...
My kids are coming of age to go to games now and I loved my time as a kid at wolves with my dad but I won't be taking them anytime soon as I'm Afraid they will be put off for life !!! Very sad times ...

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember taking my son in the 1970s - great times. At his first game Kenny Hibbitt scored with a screamer and he was hooked. Those were the days my friend....

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember taking my son in the 1970s - great times. At his first game Kenny Hibbitt scored with a screamer and he was hooked. Those were the days my friend....

It is very sad my first season ticket was when the ground had just been redeveloped and was an exciting time to be around specially for a child , if I was a kid now and was taken to yesterday's game for my first game I'd of been extremely disappointed and bored , molineux is unfortunately a little souless now to say the least ...

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can remember the atmosphere at the Palace play off game which even Steve Coppell commented on. All four stands were loud that night.
Sat in the North Bank for the first time this season and there was nothing.
My boys enjoyed MK away much more where they could join in the singing.

L

long ball man

I attended yesterday's game only because I was given a season ticket for the match from a friend , I haven't been since Middlesbrough and refuse to be a paying customer at molineux while the current hierarchy are there ...
After having a season ticket for most of the 90s and 00,s up until 2011 I'm truly saddened by the way our fan base have rolled over and died and just accept every bit of $$$$ the board throw at us!!!
To me this club is dying a very slow death and I can't for the life of me imagine this would have been tolerated 15-20 years ago , back at this time people would have been outside the billy Wright prostesting game after game ...
Until the club is sold and moxey is removed and replaced with somebody who realises that the clubs fanbase are the lifeblood of the club we will continue on a downward slide and more and more fans will fall by the wayside ...
My kids are coming of age to go to games now and I loved my time as a kid at wolves with my dad but I won't be taking them anytime soon as I'm Afraid they will be put off for life !!! Very sad times ...

My sentiments exactly, right up to fact that Boro at home was my last game at Molineux too. I had a ST from 1988 - 2005. I would have been astonished if you had described my 45 year old's attitude to WWFC to my 25 year old self. I was fanatical, almostly insanely obsessed with Wolves. Moxey has done this.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My three sons were put off a long time ago after watching several useless performances over the years. One of them just about still takes an interest but I can't blame them for turning away. The club are so dull and mundane. The sale of Afobe typified everything that is wrong about the club. Instead of building a team around a 20 goal a season striker they isolate him up front and eventually sell him to the mighty Bournemouth. Then of course most of the transfer money is pocketed and any 'replacements' are nowhere near as good.

What future is there when that is the mentality and why the hell should supporters keep paying for rubbish played by achingly average players directed by a manager who plays six defensive players at home to the pathetic Rotherham. Even after 50 years of mainly disappointment and occasional heartbreak I never thought I would see the club looking so utterly bereft of ideas and vision. Anyone can see that the club will be stuck in the second division or worse for the next decade and more if current policies and personnel stay in place from the owner downwards. There literally is no hope under these people and there also needs to be a clear out of players like Edwards, Coady, Saville for starters.

The building blocks for the future are Doherty, Iorfa, Hause, McDonald, Price, Graham, Dicko and possibly Wallace. Mason possibly can be ok and Henry as a squad player at least offers a bit of skill and creativity. Ikeme is ok but needs solid competition. As to the rest, barring Evans and the promise of Bright and Hunte I would have a mass clear out and bring on the likes of Ronan who actually seems to have some skill.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can remember the atmosphere at the Palace play off game which even Steve Coppell commented on. All four stands were loud that night.
Sat in the North Bank for the first time this season and there was nothing.
My boys enjoyed MK away much more where they could join in the singing.

I don't think I've heard an atmosphere at Molineux since that rivals that Palace game.

Last edited by a moderator:

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with above, and also the OP. The current loyalist fan base just accept mediocrity now as normal. That's why Moxey treats us with such disdain. Be the same again in summer, no purchases , cut wage bill and hope a couple of kids come good. Sadly I don't see anything in the academy to get excited about

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
agree with above, and also the op. The current loyalist fan base just accept mediocrity now as normal. That's why moxey treats us with such disdain. Be the same again in summer, no purchases , cut wage bill and hope a couple of kids come good. Sadly i don't see anything in the academy to get excited about
+1

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think I've heard an atmosphere at Molineux sice that rivals that Palace game.

Spot on agree with that 100% the noise generated was amazing
Steve Coppell commented saying in all of his years in football he had never been so intimidated as he was before that game and he said he could visibly see his players intimidated too
Pre match with the liquidator, I have never heard it as loud $$$$ OFF WEST BROM, it was unbelievable

D

Deleted member 4594

Getting sick to death of people saying that renewing your ST means you "accept mediocrity" like we're all idiots.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Club is a joke from top to bottom. Quite a few fans I know have just given up! Very sad times.
Reports yesterday that several hundred left at half time. That says it all!

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Idiots? No
Suckers ,Yes
Until the regime is removed , the club will most likely continue to tread water , at best!

J

JR's Boots

Club is a joke from top to bottom. Quite a few fans I know have just given up! Very sad times.
Reports yesterday that several hundred left at half time. That says it all!

Its our club, not theirs. The current custodians are slowly killing our club and we're letting them do it.

L

long ball man

Getting sick to death of people saying that renewing your ST means you "accept mediocrity" like we're all idiots.

I wouldn't use term 'idiot'. I do think if people voted with their feet it would be good in long term as it would get rid of the cancer that is Moxey. Easy for me to say, I know.

I am afraid we aren't treated like fans anymore. We are consumers and should act accordingly.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is very sad my first season ticket was when the ground had just been redeveloped and was an exciting time to be around specially for a child , if I was a kid now and was taken to yesterday's game for my first game I'd of been extremely disappointed and bored , molineux is unfortunately a little souless now to say the least ...

I've said elsewhere but I have been having regular battles this season to get my boys aged 10 and 13 (more so the 10 year old) to the games. They simply don't want to go. They tell me it's boring. I keep telling them it will get better but there's only so many times you can do this after we've been crap again: I gave in yesterday and did some gardening instead and I'm sad to say it made for a much more pleasant Saturday.
I hope things improve over the summer because I am regretting renewing our season tickets at the present.

D

Deleted member 3518

Apathy is the one of the biggest threat to the immediate future of the club, it basically means the fans have given-up and likely to drift away in large numbers, as happened under the Bhattis.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From my point of view ( Season ticket holder for last two decades ) if I had renewed my season ticket via the Early Bird this time I would have being supporting the current regime at the club . Moxey , Jackett and co are safer with 10 K Early Birders money in the bank than if a high percentage had not renewed .
I like you am Wolves through and through but not renewing at this point is my stance against the regime and whats happening at our club . Moxey is heavily judged on the EB take up - I cant stand his lies and $$$$ anymore - I cant support him .

L

long ball man

Apathy is the one of the biggest threat to the immediate future of the club, it basically means the fans have given-up and likely to drift away in large numbers, as happened under the Bhattis.

I don't think this is anything like the Bhatti situation. Their ownership started just 2 years since we won our last major honour. People my age then (mid 40s) would have been young men in the 1950s and seeing Wolves at such a low ebb will have been enough for them to walk away; the Bhattis were also hate figures after their first season as they were property developers with no interest in the football club.

Whereas this 16 years of mediocrity has sort of crept up on us. Football as a whole has gone bad and we have had two owners perceived as 'good owners' in the main, albeit with a few misjudgements. The lamentable CEO is the only constant and I think people are just finally getting to stage of 'enough's enough'.

D

Deleted member 3518

From my point of view ( Season ticket holder for last two decades ) if I had renewed my season ticket via the Early Bird this time I would have being supporting the current regime at the club . Moxey , Jackett and co are safer with 10 K Early Birders money in the bank than if a high percentage had not renewed .
I like you am Wolves through and through but not renewing at this point is my stance against the regime and whats happening at our club . Moxey is heavily judged on the EB take up - I cant stand his lies and $$$$ anymore - I cant support him .

Exactly!

T

The Pundit

Take your children to the games. Teach them that there are millions of football fans and it's impossible for their teams to win every week. Teach them teams get promoted and relegated, they will learn the good ones, the bad ones and the reasons why.

I'm a die hard fan who has seen championships but never a mid-table top tier finish. I'd never hold that against my dad, wolves have and can't nine to enrich my life.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moxey is probably delighted with the fact most fans have stopped caring, allows him to do what he wants with no scrutiny (especially since our owner has gone AWOL)

D

Deleted member 4257

I feel fans emotions could spill over v sheff wed. It could turn nasty. As we have given sheff wed quad aswell aswell steve bull lower, there fans will be taking the $$$$.

D

Deleted member 4008

I doubt there are many fans happy at the moment. I haven't been for years but fair play to all the fans putting up with a second rate championship side. We need a new chairman and board but realistically we are not an attractive proposition. Dark times ahead until we get sold as the current setup top to bottom is below average and that's where we are in the league below average.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even the Charlton fans are not accepting their present situation without protesting but yes there does seem to be a lot of apathy.
To pick up on a point comparing the time with the Bhattis. As was said they never claimed to have an interest in the football side of things. Maybe Doog's scheme may have paid dividends if the council had approved his plans. At least we had someone in charge who cared for the club.
Then if I remember correctly didn't McGarry quit second time around because he could not be part of what was happening to the club under the Bhatti regime.

D

Deleted member 3518

I don't think this is anything like the Bhatti situation. Their ownership started just 2 years since we won our last major honour. People my age then (mid 40s) would have been young men in the 1950s and seeing Wolves at such a low ebb will have been enough for them to walk away; the Bhattis were also hate figures after their first season as they were property developers with no interest in the football club.

Whereas this 16 years of mediocrity has sort of crept up on us. Football as a whole has gone bad and we have had two owners perceived as 'good owners' in the main, albeit with a few misjudgements. The lamentable CEO is the only constant and I think people are just finally getting to stage of 'enough's enough'.

Either way it is apathy, I was in my early 30's during the Bhatti era and never thought about not attending, but as you say within 4/5 years of winning a trophy crowds had dropped significantly and were regularly well below 10k. So why do you think it won't happen again?

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its our club, not theirs. The current custodians are slowly killing our club and we're letting them do it.

This is too the word what I said to so many people yesterday !!!

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fans stopped going under the Bhattis but the passion was still there waiting to be reignited. In my 20s at the time I carried on going whenever I could under the Bhattis. Now I can understand why some fans didnt feel the same way as me at the that time and stopped going, maybe because they couldnt bear to see Wolves struggling so badly, maybe to deprive the Bhattis of funds.

I just dont think the same passion is there to reignite these days. In those days we were still a giant of a club going through hard times, now we are fast becoming a complete non-entity of a club whos main annual objective seems to be to ensure that there is enough left in the pot each year to pay Moxey's wages.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there yesterday too. What dross it was start to finish.

Jed Wallace looked alright when he came on

Once fans go away they generally stay away and find something else to do on a Saturday

I think this club will go further backwards before the good times come back but who knows what could happen

I just feel disillusioned with what the club want to do and bored of watching the same old negative football. I don't think it can get any worse next season but time will tell

Whatever league we are forever wolves and proud to be

D

Deleted member 4099

I feel fans emotions could spill over v sheff wed. It could turn nasty. As we have given sheff wed quad aswell aswell steve bull lower, there fans will be taking the $$$$.

I used to think that, it won't there's no fire. If we're ever going to get a protest off the ground a group needs to be formed and face to face meetings need to take place and a high profile on social media to promote protest.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I would put a slightly different slant....I am disenchanted with football

Sky
The money
Changes ok times
Changing dates
Diving
Cheating
Conning the ref
Premier donnas
Distance between fans and the team
Customers rather than fans

$$$$ing sick of it all

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sky
The money
Changes ok times
Changing dates
Diving
Cheating
Conning the ref
Premier donnas

$$$$ing sick of it all

Yep, just about sums it up

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how long it is going to be before gates are averaging about 15,000.
That is going to mean more than half the ground is empty. A very depressing sight and indicative of the times.

D

Deleted member 4099

I don't think there was many more actually in the ground Saturday .

F

FLEET WOLF

Sky
The money
Changes ok times
Changing dates
Diving
Cheating
Conning the ref
Premier donnas

$$$$ing sick of it all

Well said Edge-plus too much football on tv, generally.

E

Essex Wolf

I said a long while ago and continue to say it now that Morgan and Moxey are destroying the club. They don't care about the supporters one jot. Morgan has benefited from being Wolves owner in other ways and now that his ridden the gravy train to its end and his meal ticket is finished he is happy to want out but not before still trying to screw more money out of club via its sale.

Meanwhile Moxey gets paid a very handsome wage for being truly awful at the post of CEO. Is it any surprise these two horrid individuals don't care. They are getting what they want and $$$$ the rest of us.

Sadly for some supporters they've had enough and can see the writing on the wall. The way the club has been run, the boring non productive football on offer, a coach that's about as appealing, exciting and motivational as three week old road kill and then worry this could carry on a while longer has people walking away because I feel many already think the club is dead.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how long it is going to be before gates are averaging about 15,000.
That is going to mean more than half the ground is empty. A very depressing sight and indicative of the times.

They are always going to count ST Holders as "attending" so it's highly unlikely that official attendances will drop below 15K. That said do we actually know how many EB offers have been taken up?

E

Edgmond Wolf

They are always going to count ST Holders as "attending" so it's highly unlikely that official attendances will drop below 15K. That said do we actually know how many EB offers have been taken up?

Just over 10000 I believe

E

Edgmond Wolf

I think we had a maximum of 15000 on Saturday, it was $$$$ing empty in every stand :eek:

kentish wolf

Reaction score
So sad reading these posts,but fully understandable.
I will always love wolves but I can only see negativity under this regime..
How long before we find ourselves relegated?.
So depressing watching the club I have supported for 58 years slide into obscurity.
What has been done to the wolves this season is a travesty and the people responsible simply don't
Give a toss!

Back
Top Bottom