Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Anyone in the Football League Worth Looking At?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
With the clock already ticking on Deadline Day ver 1.0 I started thinking about the extended deadline (ver 2.0) not due until 16th October.

Now I know it’s not our usual MO to go plundering the lower leagues and give that prices will almost certainly go up as of 11:01pm tonight, I still wonder if there’s any value to be found in the next week and a bit.

I know raiding Norwich and Brentford is everyone’s favourite hobby but are there any players elsewhere worth a punt?

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes loads but Nuno doesn't seem interested .

And Mendes doesn't have the contacts.

RobB

Reaction score
Will Bowen turn out to be a better signing than Podence?

You can find gems there, I just hope we haven't stopped looking.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lincoln City(just answering thread title, I’m in one of those moods )

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. The Premier League don't care if the EFL go bust. Why would they want any of their players? What has the EFL ever done for us?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazed no one went in for Aarons at Norwich, and to a lesser extent, Cantwell. On a related theme, living up here near Hull, I remember saying on here we should be in for Bowen. Think he will be as influential as Maddison has been.

Reaction score
certainly could be

Buendia could be aswell created a lot of chances last year

there’s a Cb who plays for Preston I think that’s getting some attention
Is that Jordan Storey or Patrick Bauer. Wouldn't mind snapping up the latter in the final 24 Hours of the window.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of good players down there, but can’t think of any that fit our requirements. Aarons would have been good but we don’t need him now. Godfrey also, but that ship has sailed.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes loads but Nuno doesn't seem interested .

And Mendes doesn't have the contacts.
Few points.

1) Is there anyone who would genuinely go into the first eleven? I cant think of any. So any signing to just "bench warm" would just stunt the growth of the kids we have brought
2) I think you massively underestimate Mendes reach. You couldnt be further from the truth. He is literally "Mr Football" he has contacts anywhere, brokers hundreds of deals for players he isnt even agent to but will act as an advisor. I read recently he was involved in 28 out of the last 30 signings Alex Ferguson made at United. Thats not someone who doesnt have contacts. This isnt Willie McKay this is the biggest and well respected agent in the business

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
Are we just obsessed in signing folk? There may well be the odd player who could supplement our squad, but nuno prefers a small squad. If you don't like that go find out what Barry fry is doing these days and watch them!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite a few from the relegated sides with undoubted ability, that Nuno might be able to get a better tune out of.

Some here that could enhance our options.....

Watford

Ismailia Sarr - Winger
Emiliano Buendia - Winger
Will Hughes - Central Midfield
Etienne Capoue - Defensive Midfield

Norwich

Todd Cantwell - Winger/Attacking Midfield

Bournemouth

Josh King - Winger/Second Striker
David Brooks - Attacking Midfield/Winger
Jefferson Lerma - Defensive Midfield
Lewis Cook - Central Midfield
Lloyd Kelly - Left Centre Back/Left Back

Others

Said Benrahma (Brentford) - Winger
Dael Fry (Boro) - Centre Back

Reaction score
Quite a few from the relegated sides with undoubted ability, that Nuno might be able to get a better tune out of.

Some here that could enhance our options.....

Watford

Ismailia Sarr - Winger
Will Hughes - Central Midfield
Etienne Capoue - Defensive Midfield

Norwich

Todd Cantwell - Winger/Attacking Midfield

Bournemouth

Josh King - Winger/Second Striker
David Brooks - Attacking Midfield/Winger
Jefferson Lerma - Defensive Midfield
Lewis Cook - Central Midfield
Lloyd Kelly - Left Centre Back/Left Back

Others

Said Benrahma (Brentford) - Winger
Dael Fry (Boro) - Centre Back
Think that Sarr, Hughes and Brookes could give us something different, though there'll be a premium price to pay now. Can't see their clubs selling them on the cheap and now that there's no other market to go to they can name their price.

Weren't they something like, Sarr £30m, Brookes £40m and I'd expect Hughes will have a £15m+ price tag.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The names have already been covered. I think Cantwell, Brooks or Buendia could offer us something straight away. Neto has earned his current spot, but either of them could probably push him for it and take it (or rotate for it) quite quickly. I'd love any one of them, probably in the order I mentioned them in terms of preference. I think not signing Cantwell or Brooks risks them becoming g the next James Maddison - a player we could have signed at one point, and would love to have now, but become too expensive after a successful move. But I don't get the impression Nuno is looking at these kinds of signings for players, seems like he has faith in the options he already has.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
yeah Said Benrahma to back up Left Forward to fill the role that Jota left... Algerian too if that in any helps with integrating the team with Ait Nouri

RandomLuke

Groupie
Reaction score
I see that Wellbeck has been released from his contract.
Not saying we should pick him up, was just wondering where he will end up.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The names have already been covered. I think Cantwell, Brooks or Buendia could offer us something straight away. Neto has earned his current spot, but either of them could probably push him for it and take it (or rotate for it) quite quickly. I'd love any one of them, probably in the order I mentioned them in terms of preference. I think not signing Cantwell or Brooks risks them becoming g the next James Maddison - a player we could have signed at one point, and would love to have now, but become too expensive after a successful move. But I don't get the impression Nuno is looking at these kinds of signings for players, seems like he has faith in the options he already has.
Yes thought the same comparison of Cantwell to Maddison that he has the potential to flourish and become out of our price range with a successful move to another PL team. Remember well the Norwich home game in the Championship where Maddison I think was on loan from Southampton but looked a class act on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom