Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Anyone else thinking sod it

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think its just the disneyfication of the game as a whole. Increased ticket prices, technology, oversaturation of content, corporate nature of the game. Everything just feels so ******* sanitised its getting very dull and var is just one factor in that. When everything about it is getting worse people feel more inclined to criticise, VAR is the most obvious visual representation. PSR, state funded clubs, american documentaries about every club, XG and overload of stats, sometimes i just think kick it in the ******* goal and thats it.
Joy of football is the imperfection of it and the spirit it instills. Now its just so corporate and ****.
Went a bit looney leftie there and very pessimistic on a simple thread about var but just how i feel

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Agree the VAR at times is a joke but last time I looked the teams at the top spent more money and had more expensive players .

So move with the times or get left behind no surprise Villa and Newcastle moved up to champions League positions after large investment in quality. Not VAR as for me if we create more chances and have quality upfront we score more goals .

Not known many teams in the prem win it by defending have you . Possibly boring boring arsenal . But they could get that one goal and hang on.

Yes FFP might hamper teams like Newcastle but them and villa are the only teams to breach the top 4/5 . That's through bringing in quality and at a price . Sorry I don't blame var I blame owners that either want to progress or just hang In there and hope something comes good .

Put it this way a batsmen in cricket surviving though 20 overs for 34 runs or one out in 15 getting 70 who gets the headlines .
The teams at the top can afford to spend the most and that’s why they’ll stay there and this status quo will continue unless there’s a change in the regulations etc. Villa may well make the Champions League this year but I doubt very much whether they’ll make the top 6 next year and will probably be hit by UEFA penalties and possibly by the PL as well.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree the VAR at times is a joke but last time I looked the teams at the top spent more money and had more expensive players .

So move with the times or get left behind no surprise Villa and Newcastle moved up to champions League positions after large investment in quality. Not VAR as for me if we create more chances and have quality upfront we score more goals .

Not known many teams in the prem win it by defending have you . Possibly boring boring arsenal . But they could get that one goal and hang on.

Yes FFP might hamper teams like Newcastle but them and villa are the only teams to breach the top 4/5 . That's through bringing in quality and at a price . Sorry I don't blame var I blame owners that either want to progress or just hang In there and hope something comes good .

Put it this way a batsmen in cricket surviving though 20 overs for 34 runs or one out in 15 getting 70 who gets the headlines .
Hmmm you’ve never heard of Monty Panesar then

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve said it before when annoyed, but today I’m left thinking why bother? Mine and my lads ticket cost me just shy of £1400, that’ll go up surely. I celebrated so much when we equalised, then it’s taken away. I don’t go to a music gig for a band to play a big song then stop halfway through and say nahhhhhhhh!

As bad as sone decisions used to be, this is horrendous now, I mean this season really makes me think **** it I’ll go lower league football. Genuinely think I’m close to being done with it
you forgot to mention,
The big girls blouse excuse for men now playing today.
The Diving and cheating every tackle.
The ridiculous rolling around feigning a serious injury,
Players going down injured to break up play and for coaches to school the team,
Trying to get a fellow professional booked / sent off ,
The continuous spiting like little school kids, ( actually I apologise to the school kids)
Managers who moan about most of the above just to coach his own players to do the same,

Apart from that cant see much wrong, and not one word about the Corruption of VAR

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have supported my home town team for 60 years and been to hundreds of matches. Started in the early sixties, after the Billy Wright and Peter Broadbent era, starting with the likes of Peter Knowles, Hughie McIlmoyle, Jimmy Melia, Ron Flowers, Fred Davies, Bobby Thompson, Duggie Woodfield to honourably mention a few.

In the seventies it was the likes of Derek Dougan, Mike Bailey, Kenny Hibbitt, Dave Wagstaffe, Frank Munro, John Richards, Derek Parkin to honourably mention a few.

In the eighties it was Andy Gray, Peter Daniel, Paul Bradshaw, Willie Carr, Mel Eves to honourably mention a few.

In the nineties it was Paul Cook, Paul Birch, Keith Downing, Mike Stowell, Keith Curle, John De Wolf, Bully, Andy Mutch to honourably mention a few.

In the naughties it was Jody Craddock, Matt Murray, Joleon Lescott, Lee Naylor, Kevin Foley, Alex Rae, Michael Kightly, SEB, Kenny Miller to honourably mention a few.

In the last 10 years it’s been Ruben Neves, Diogo Jota, Raul Jiminez, Joao Moutinho, Willy Boly, Rui Patricio to honourably mention a few.

Sorry to rabbit on, but I have to say I attended those hundreds of matches having had the pleasure to watch all those players and many others when it was a pleasure to enjoy the game as it should be played, with excitement at the night matches and beating the best teams in the country. Yes, there was controversy with referees decisions, but I thought they were human beings and accepted their decisions. We now have VAR, which is supposed to make football fairer and has numerous human beings operating it. Why is it that they get so many contentious decisions wrong?

The game I love is draining my enthusiasm and spoiling my desire to watch football as it is now. What concerns me is that it may well get worse until VAR is binned and the people running it and being well paid for making mistakes, are also binned. That (very unfortunately) probably won’t happen.

We have had numerous contentious decisions go against us this season due to very poor VAR decisions. How many decisions have gone against the so called Big 6?

What the likes of the great Billy Wright, Peter Broadbent and many other of our late, great heroes make of the game as it is now, would be lovely to hear.

And they call it progress. I know what I would call it, but would be banned from the Mix if I printed my thoughts!

Last edited:

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have supported my home town team for 60 years and been to hundreds of matches. Started in the early sixties, after the Billy Wright and Peter Broadbent era, starting with the likes of Peter Knowles, Hughie McIlmoyle, Jimmy Melia, Ron Flowers, Fred Davies, Bobby Thompson, Duggie Woodfield to honourably mention a few.

In the seventies it was the likes of Derek Dougan, Mike Bailey, Kenny Hibbitt, Dave Wagstaffe, Frank Munro, John Richards, Derek Parkin to honourably mention a few.

In the eighties it was Andy Gray, Peter Daniel, Paul Bradshaw, Willie Carr, Mel Eves to honourably mention a few.

In the nineties it was Paul Cook, Paul Birch, Keith Downing, Mike Stowell, Keith Curle, John De Wolf, Bully, Andy Mutch to honourably mention a few.

In the naughties it was Jody Craddock, Matt Murray, Joleon Lescott, Lee Naylor, Kevin Foley, Alex Rae, Michael Kightly, SEB, Kenny Miller to honourably mention a few.

In the last 10 years it’s been Ruben Neves, Diogo Jota, Raul Jiminez, Joao Moutinho, Willy Boly, Rui Patricio to honourably mention a few.

Sorry to rabbit on, but I have to say I attended those hundreds of matches having had the pleasure to watch all those players and many others when it was a pleasure to enjoy the game as it should be played, with excitement at the night matches and beating the best teams in the country. Yes, there was controversy with referees decisions, but I thought they were human beings and accepted their decisions. We now have VAR, which is supposed to make football fairer and has numerous human beings operating it. Why is it that they get so many contentious decisions wrong?

The game I love is draining my enthusiasm and spoiling my desire to watch football as it is now. What concerns me is that it may well get worse until VAR is binned and the people running it and being well paid for making mistakes, are binned. That (very unfortunately) probably won’t happen.

We have had numerous contentious decisions go against us this season due to very poor VAR decisions. How many decisions have gone against the so called Big 6?

What the likes of the great Billy Wright, Peter Broadbent and many other of our late, great heroes make of the game as it is now, would be lovely to hear.

And they call it progress. I know what I would call it, but would be banned from the Mix if I printed my thoughts!

We have walked a very similar road Scally with those dates.
Talk to any reasonable football fan outside of the VAR Exempt top 6 and they will say exactly the same about their clubs.

the football we grew up with has long gone now, greed by all those owners, players, sky,etc,etc, connected to our game
has turned a simple game into a monster,

Although for me its not possible to attend matches now, i don't miss what they call football anymore,

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you forgot to mention,
The big girls blouse excuse for men now playing today.
The Diving and cheating every tackle.
The ridiculous rolling around feigning a serious injury,
Players going down injured to break up play and for coaches to school the team,
Trying to get a fellow professional booked / sent off ,
The continuous spiting like little school kids, ( actually I apologise to the school kids)
Managers who moan about most of the above just to coach his own players to do the same,

Apart from that cant see much wrong, and not one word about the Corruption of VAR
Spot on, chignal.

I was going to start a thread about spitting, but glad you mentioned it.

Players do it all the time, but Guardiola is starting to grate on me. Every single time the TV camera shows him, he has a mouthful of gunge spitting out of his mouth. Every single time and I am not exaggerating!

Sir Alex used to be the same and I am amazed nothing has been said about it.

I wouldn’t want to be a player going down injured any where near Guardiola. Don’t know what disease I might get!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm you’ve never heard of Monty Panesar then
I have but how many headlines did he have cricket related compared to say Swann or Warne, Rashid , Jadeja , Ashwin , Tahir , Murali, Herath, Adil Radhid

Can carry on if you wish but quality gets you further up and in football 99 percent of the time that costs .

Last time I looked in the IPL Rashid was playing for £50 as he doesn't cost much as not rated . Oh wait I might have those stats wrong with cost but that's because of what they want him as he delivers .

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Spot on, chignal.

I was going to start a thread about spitting, but glad you mentioned it.

Players do it all the time, but Guardiola is starting to grate on me. Every single time the TV camera shows him, he has a mouthful of gunge spitting out of his mouth. Every single time and I am not exaggerating!

Sir Alex used to be the same and I am amazed nothing has been said about it.

I wouldn’t want to be a player going down injured any where near Guardiola. Don’t know what disease I might get!
I watched this Man City player today on tv sitting on the subs bench non stop spitting on the artificial grass in front of him, how can we teach the grand kids good manners when they see this from so called grown ups.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the whole game of football now is getting ridiculous, the joy of a last minute winner chalked of by a screen. VAR works in sports like Cricket, the NFL etc as they are sports with a period of downtime between plays, football isn't its full throttle for 90 minutes.

FFP/PSR has created a closed shop where clubs outside the top 6 who dare to dream have to sell players they have developed over the years to make sure they are compliant whilst the likes of Chelsea, United and the other top 6 clubs can waste 100s of millions. I have a feeling the likes of Villa/Newcastle despite the ambitions will be in a similar position to us in a few years due to FFP/PSR, despite the intentions of any owners it is now impossible, I don't see it ever changing and the top 6 will be here till all of us are in the ground.

The poor standard of referees is ridiculous but an old boys club has existed in the top flight for a long time they are paid handsomely for the roles they do gone are the days of refs been coppers,teachers etc who reffed on a weekend and even when the legs have had it refs can haunt teams via VAR.

I bought it up on the ref thread earlier but how can Harrington rule out a goal of ours for offside after he allowed this against Fulham for Man City (around 26 seconds in).

Would our decision today had been different if we were liverpool, city, arsenal etc I have a feeling it would have been, we see if every week refs are scared of the likes Guardiola, Klopp and United.

Football has been spoilt, by ridiculous rules (which change without people knowing), VAR, the dream of most clubs outside the top 6 is been a midtable premier league team and due to FFP it won't change.

I will still watch Wolves religiously but I'm struggling with watching other Premier League games at the moment i think a lot of the joy has gone for alot of people....maybe its time to pay a visit to a non league ground.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched this Man City player today on tv sitting on the subs bench non stop spitting on the artificial grass in front of him, how can we teach the grand kids good manners when they see this from so called grown ups.
It was probably their goalkeeper, Ederson, who was picking his nose and then spitting from the subs bench.

I think I am just getting old, but it doesn’t create a good impression imo.

Maybe introduce some hygiene regulations next.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My old man was quite old when I was born and when I got into football about age 7 or so I couldn’t understand how my Dad didn’t bother with it. He told me he loved it when he was young playing well into his late 30’s and going down the games when work allowed but he was sick of what he called the modern game. I never understood it till a few years ago when I started feeling the same way about the game. In my Dad’s day only small changes were noticeable so what he would think of VAR, time wasting, faking head injuries, showman refs, oil money being allowed to break rules left right and centre etc etc is anyone’s guess. I’m falling out of love with it just like he did. VAR check every goal looking for ways to rule them out and when you can’t celebrate in the moment the majority of the fun and enjoyment of it diminishes.

There's a theory that as you get older and more mature, when you've learned more about the world, yourself, your career, improved your skillset and knowledge, then it's natural to see that investing so much time into something where you completely rely on something external to make you happy is not a good idea....basically because you're giving away control of your happiness and restricting your own potential. I don't think it's a case of becoming more miserable, but perhaps as you get older you realise the value of your time more. Nobody cares when you're in your teens or 20's, but going into 30's and 40's can effect more.
I remember missing a mate's wedding because it clashed with Preston away and it was my turn to drive, and I also lay on a bench at Carlisle station platform on a cold midweek night having drunk too much in a warm pub and missed the last train. Bloody stupid things to do. Were they worth it? Of course not. They seemed like good ideas at the time.

I read an article a very long time ago of a reformed home and away supporter. It got to the point where he was in his early 40's and realised he was a slave to football on the level of an addict, it took up all his most valuable leisure time and he was sacrificing his family time and money to travel to give full attention to something that made no difference whether he was there or not.
It dominated his thinking, reading newspapers all day and checking injury lists, looking at tables, working out how to get tickets. The time and effort cost is astronomical, the emotional input is vast if you make yourself worry to try and avoid agony.....just like an addiction. But ultimately, you have no control over the outcome.
So he packed up completely cold turkey, then planned an upgrade on his life, used his extra money to travel to different countries, gave his family better holidays with the leave he hadn't wasted going to Newcastle on a Tuesday night etc.., did things he'd never done before on a weekend, like exploring his own country, taking up hobbies and learning something new, improved himself and the quality of his life.
I gave up my ST for the first time under Hoddle, it was seat D124 in the SB stand, directly over the halfway line 4 rows from the front, 3 from the end of the aisle...perfect position.
It wasn't that Hoddle was the most turgid manager i'd ever seem and i was having heart palpitations watching his teams trying not to win football matches and aiming to draw every match, it was the realisation that even under a better manager with better players the principle would be the same....it really shouldn't be the most important thing in your life with the power to make you very unhappy, so why give away that control to a bunch of strangers? Seeing how McCarthy did in his early years it was a new era, but I knew I was missing nothing and just picked my games, then got another ST a few years later....but I'd broken the addiction of thinking i had to buy one.

It's not "the hope that kills you", it's letting that hope get out of balance with everything else that's going on and making football more important than it really is.....it's still just a bunch of blokes kicking a bag of wind.
There will always be another VAR, another **** referee, another unlucky defeat, just as there will be another last minute winner, a glorious victory, another giant-killing cup win.

Last edited:

Madmalc

Reaction score
Some friends of mine are life long Wolves supporters and they've taken the decision to attend only the under 23 and ladies matches.

So you can still support Wolves, without watching the men's first team.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

FFP is there to preserve the same teams winning trophies year in and year out. City and Chelsea got in before it and Newcastle are prevented from joining in the same way despite having more financial muscle than any other team. Villa may well finish top 4 this year, but it will be incredibly difficult to remain there as Newcastle have found with the restrictions in place.
While most of us rejoiced in seeing Leicester upset the odds and finish ahead of the Sky six, it simply gave the establishment a wake up call.
VAR was brought in to supposedly right those decisions which were clearly and obviously wrong. I have no issues with that, but it has instead become a monster which has no consistency and has once again allowed a bias whether conscious or unconscious rather than create a fair level playing field we wanted.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's a theory that as you get older and more mature, when you've learned more about the world, yourself, your career, improved your skillset and knowledge, then it's natural to see that investing so much time into something where you completely rely on something external to make you happy is not a good idea....basically because you're giving away control of your happiness and restricting your own potential. I don't think it's a case of becoming more miserable, but perhaps as you get older you realise the value of your time more. Nobody cares when you're in your teens or 20's, but going into 30's and 40's can effect more.
I remember missing a mate's wedding because it clashed with Preston away and it was my turn to drive, and I also lay on a bench at Carlisle station platform on a cold midweek night having drunk too much in a warm pub and missed the last train. Bloody stupid things to do. Were they worth it? Of course not. They seemed like good ideas at the time.

I read an article a very long time ago of a reformed home and away supporter. It got to the point where he was in his early 40's and realised he was a slave to football on the level of an addict, it took up all his most valuable leisure time and he was sacrificing his family time and money to travel to give full attention to something that made no difference whether he was there or not.
It dominated his thinking, reading newspapers all day and checking injury lists, looking at tables, working out how to get tickets. The time and effort cost is astronomical, the emotional input is vast if you make yourself worry to try and avoid agony.....just like an addiction. But ultimately, you have no control over the outcome.
So he packed up completely cold turkey, then planned an upgrade on his life, used his extra money to travel to different countries, gave his family better holidays with the leave he hadn't wasted going to Newcastle on a Tuesday night etc.., did things he'd never done before on a weekend, like exploring his own country, taking up hobbies and learning something new, improved himself and the quality of his life.
I gave up my ST for the first time under Hoddle, it was seat D124 in the SB stand, directly over the halfway line 4 rows from the front, 3 from the end of the aisle...perfect position.
It wasn't that Hoddle was the most turgid manager i'd ever seem and i was having heart palpitations watching his teams trying not to win football matches and aiming to draw every match, it was the realisation that even under a better manager with better players the principle would be the same....it really shouldn't be the most important thing in your life with the power to make you very unhappy, so why give away that control to a bunch of strangers? Seeing how McCarthy did in his early years it was a new era, but I knew I was missing nothing and just picked my games, then got another ST a few years later....but I'd broken the addiction of thinking i had to buy one.

It's not "the hope that kills you", it's letting that hope get out of balance with everything else that's going on and making football more important than it really is.....it's still just a bunch of blokes kicking a bag of wind.
There will always be another VAR, another **** referee, another unlucky defeat, just as there will be another last minute winner, a glorious victory, another giant-killing cup win.
Great post

StockportWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’ve said it before when annoyed, but today I’m left thinking why bother? Mine and my lads ticket cost me just shy of £1400, that’ll go up surely. I celebrated so much when we equalised, then it’s taken away. I don’t go to a music gig for a band to play a big song then stop halfway through and say nahhhhhhhh!

As bad as sone decisions used to be, this is horrendous now, I mean this season really makes me think **** it I’ll go lower league football. Genuinely think I’m close to being done with it

Yes, it's utterly demoralising and I don't agree with sentiments expressed that it is all parts of the ups and downs of being a Wolves fan. It's different. Molineux was angry today in a way that was comparable to Bolton at home 03/04 when Uriah Rennie gave possibly the worst refereeing performance ever seen at the ground (to the extent where a fan ran on from the Southbank to confront him iirc). But I would take that end of the deal every single time over VAR. That's all part of the pantomime of football imo and it is easier to deal with: that situation has one villain in it and everything is cut and dry. With VAR it's a bizarre proxy network of indecision and passing the buck that deflates the game and lets referees officiate with stabilisers on — and they're all way worse at their jobs for it.

The thing is, we've all seen it done efficiently. Did anyone notice it impacting our games at all during our Europa League run? I didn't. I think versus Torino at home it was about 3/4 of the way through the match when I actually remembered it was in place. But at this point I just want it scrapped altogether. I don't want goals to have an asterisks next to them and to have to wait in some bizarre purgatorial liminal space to celebrate. It's bull****.

Part of me wants a cut and dry reason to stop going. If a group of fans were willing to disrupt the game (tennis balls on the pitch, etc) and risk bans, I'm honestly getting to the point where I think I'd be up for it. And if it were to happen, it would be funny as **** if we were to do it last game of the season when the Premier League and Sky are trying to showcase (or fabricate) a dramatic end to the season at Anfield.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting to feel the same way with so many things ruining the beautiful game
I know we were awful second half today, but to have a point snatched away yet again with an awful VAR decision is beyond the pale
Thats probably 7 points it has cost us this season arguably more,and todays,to me anyway ,was one of the worse
You cant celebrate a goal for 5 minutes later,you cant understand any of the rules anymore,and its sucking the life out of fans and the game week by week

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely agree that the way VAR has been implemented is the issue and not the technology itself.
My understanding was that VAR was brought in to help prevent clear and obvious errors made by the referee and linesman and not to re-referee. What we have are frequent delays, often ruining that beautiful joy of celebrating a goal waiting for a team of people to often rule out a goal for a tiny part of a foot or hand to be deemed offside. This tiny infringement being often barely visible even with the benefit of pausing live video and laser precision lines drawn across a screen.
I don’t know whether the instruction changed from clear and obvious or whether it was never adhered to from day one? I have a feeling it was the later.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR has added nothing to the game whatsoever other than double, triple, quadruple the amount of controversy and a frankly unwatchable 'product' as the PL would call themselves. Give me two linesman, a ref and a 4th official and on field officials over this ****e we're watching now. Turn VAR off and the game would be 10000% better for it.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless VAR massively improves I will not be renewing my season ticket.
As someone who was in favour of its introduction - VAR simply has to be repealed at this point. Going back to the previous era of errors will be no less erroneous than the current one, and will at least restore spontaneity. The last few years have shown me the more power you give referees, generally the worse it makes the game. Sin bins next. Despite being good on paper, they will make the game even worse than it is when applied by this lot.

bully9

Reaction score
I’ve said it before when annoyed, but today I’m left thinking why bother? Mine and my lads ticket cost me just shy of £1400, that’ll go up surely. I celebrated so much when we equalised, then it’s taken away. I don’t go to a music gig for a band to play a big song then stop halfway through nahhhhhhhh!

been saying it for 2 seasons now , the only reason for going is you and the lads we all go with , the day is brilliant ruined by var , I’m as much Wolves as anybody on this site but I look for reasons not to go , I’ve spent all my life following Wolves to be where we are , can we go back to division 4 and have football at 3 on a Saturday and no more ****in var please utw

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The absolutely staggering thing is how passive most paying fans actually are to it all. They all know what it does to the game and the experience, yet nothing happens. This will never ever improve either, people need to realise that. How can that goal today be disallowed ffs. And what happens now is that whenever we next score a significant goal, are you going to jump around like a lunatic and enjoy the moment you pay all that money for? No, of course not. You're going to think back to today and be reluctant. So whether the goal is given or not, the moments gone. It's hideous, I ****ing hate it. And it infuriates me how we all just let it be.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
been saying it for 2 seasons now , the only reason for going is you and the lads we all go with , the day is brilliant ruined by var , I’m as much Wolves as anybody on this site but I look for reasons not to go , I’ve spent all my life following Wolves to be where we are , can we go back to division 4 and have football at 3 on a Saturday and no more ****in var please utw
I’m all for getting relegated back to league one mate I loved that season

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football has always been about highs & lows but VAR has added an artificial layer of frustration and stress that I find very hard to deal with. The fact that we appear to be stuck with it tells you where the fan sits in the pecking order.

I’m not exactly sure what problem VAR was supposed to fix, but as far as I can see all it does is try incredibly hard to find reasons to disallow goals.

I’m not even sure why we celebrate goals anymore- they’re not goals, they are only potential goals subject to VAR approval.

Love that last line. Perfectly put.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely hate VAR with a passion, but as others have said before VAR it was poor ref decisions, then it non goals goals, then it was shocking tackles.

There has always been something that fans hate about the game, but VAR feels manufactured and sucking the enjoyment out of the game.

But you know what the answer to all these disappointments with VAR?

Just play better, score more goals, and have a solid defence. The reason these VAR decisions hurt so much is because they are so critically important to final results. If we were regularly scoring 2 or 3 goals and could keep a clean sheet non of these VAR debacles would matter to the result.

I said to the person next to me just before half time West Ham would be better second half and we needed another goal while we were on top - we didn't and you could see what would happen.

We just need a much stronger squad next season then maybe we can keep a lead.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Next year will be my 50th year of following Wolves, the club I love, like most on here I’ve seen good times and lots of bad times, but **** me I’ve never seen times like these, where corrupt/inept officials can decide the outcome.
The game has gone, replaced by minions whose job is to serve their paymaster.
I’m done with it, thanks for the memories.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there was no VAR wouldn't the next thing be the officials are not good enough abd we need ex players as officials . As the current bunch miss so many things like penalties , elbows , dives .

I am not saying anyway is correct but surely there has been more correct decisions overall the past 12 months rather than say 6 years ago . Not saying it is perfect but surely the major obvious issues are less frequent ?.

End of the day you are relying on Humans to still judge if a decision is correct . Unfortunately we make mistakes and that will never change .

Just wait till AI is used in a few seasons

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
End of the day you are relying on Humans to still judge if a decision is correct . Unfortunately we make mistakes and that will never change .

I think people would accept that....like in rugby it can go one way or the other, and you just have to get on with it. It's hardly a mistake, just a decision that has to be made to keep the game moving.
When you get things like that West Ham goal however, it calls into question the competence of the officials. That was also the worst decision i have ever seen , I cannot comprehend how that referee's mind works if he thinks that is a reason to disallow a perfectly fair goal. They should not be in the situation to referee anything if their judgement is so poor that it can impair decision-making to that obscene level...what is going through his head?
I cannot understand how years of training can result in a decision like that, it would surely get picked up in any job ?.

Last edited:

el gringo

Reaction score

Do it!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR has added nothing to the game whatsoever other than double, triple, quadruple the amount of controversy and a frankly unwatchable 'product' as the PL would call themselves. Give me two linesman, a ref and a 4th official and on field officials over this ****e we're watching now. Turn VAR off and the game would be 10000% better for it.
Do agree, we're getting the mistakes anyway, it's just ever more frustrating with the delays etc.

Need to go back to how it was, accept officials will sometime make errors and crack on with it.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Do agree, we're getting the mistakes anyway, it's just ever more frustrating with the delays etc.

Need to go back to how it was, accept officials will sometime make errors and crack on with it.
I think if the linesman yesterday had flagged Chirewa offside, it’s a very different conversation. It’s an error by a linesman which is frustrating, but happens time to time. The linesman and the referee got it right infield yesterday. But the VAR decided to stick his nose in, and the referee buckled and gave the wrong decision. What a mess!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Thing I’m getting here and I feel the same, is love the wolves don’t love football
We’re being treated by mugs, our loyalty taken for granted. Paying more and more money for tickets. Ridiculous kick off times with no thought for the fans travelling to and from the game. Abysmal food inside the ground. And VAR which seems like a good idea but has been so badly applied by the Premier League that no one likes it wants it or agrees with it.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if the linesman yesterday had flagged Chirewa offside, it’s a very different conversation. It’s an error by a linesman which is frustrating, but happens time to time. The linesman and the referee got it right infield yesterday. But the VAR decided to stick his nose in, and the referee buckled and gave the wrong decision. What a mess!
Unfortunately, we're going to see specialist VAR Refs soon enough!

Going completely the wrong direction.

I was open to VAR at first, but it really hasn't improved things. I don't get why PL Managers continue to back it, they're not helping their cause.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s the point in VAR when it doesn’t correct on field errors, but creates new errors and then changes the rules week to week to justify itself.

We may as well go back to the old system where the odd ref would come along once or twice a season and cheat us.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s the point in VAR when it doesn’t correct on field errors, but creates new errors and then changes the rules week to week to justify itself.

We may as well go back to the old system where the odd ref would come along once or twice a season and cheat us.
Next season don’t worry there is VAR use for corners, free kicks and throw ins!!

Back
Top Bottom