Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Antonio Conte

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leaving Inter in the next 48 hours. Probably out of our reach but would be a massive statement of intent.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
If only! Saw this thread title and immediately clicked hoping there were links! Haha!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that a few new managers are becoming available now the season has ended. As much as we want an appointment soon so the new man can start rebuilding us, it's worth being a tad patient just to see who becomes available. Hope we don't appoint the first man we see without looking at all these available options.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well out or our reach! One of the best coaches in the world!

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t underestimate the pull of this club. Established side and every manager wants to play in this division it’s the best in the world! Very good owners and an amazing history. Oh and the best fan base...

D

Deleted member 11332

Apart from when he came with Chelsea in the FA Cup

Love Conte, magnificent manager and absolutely no chance in hell do we attract someone of his calibre

Why not?

Obviously he'd need some guarantees from Fosun regarding financial backing and depend on what other offers he had on the table but it's completely possible even if unlikely.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
I think the manager is key to the style of play and team setup but for me as long as it is someone that plays attacking football and proven. I am more concerned about the players we bring in as if we appointed Ranieri or Pep they would still finish below mid table if we sign 18 year old Joe Bloggs and 19 year old Pete Bloggs . The key this season is the recruitment on the pitch as if we ant someone to progress younger talent then we may as well go down the Kids playbarn and and appoint their manager.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think Conte is coming to Wolves you are absolutely deluded.
Maybe not Conte but we should be aiming higher than the managers we’ve been linked with unless there’s bugger all money to spend….

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems way out of reach for us currently as his stock is sky high right now and we can't offer European football but I also thought the same when Everton appointed Ancelotti so it depends on how ambitious Fosun are, they sold this project to Lopetegui until he got offered the Spain job and Nuno, they supposedly sold a bordeaux project to Zidane as well so it's plausible that if they are still as ambitious as they claimed to be they could possibly sell him on the project. They would have to financially back him to the moon though but in return he's probably the only manager out there currently available that if announced every fan would give their backing to, some of the managers like Lage would be doomed from the start with portions of our fanbase

D

Deleted member 11332

If you think Conte is coming to Wolves you are absolutely deluded.

That's not what I said is it, if you read the post.

He wouldn't be the first manager to go to a team no one thought he would, after all Ancelotti is still chilling at Everton and is a much higher regarded manager than Conte.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have posters who genuinely thought we had a chance of signing Ronaldo so I’m not remotely surprised some people think Conte may be our next manager.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's not what I said is it, if you read the post.

He wouldn't be the first manager to go to a team no one thought he would, after all Ancelotti is still chilling at Everton and is a much higher regarded manager than Conte.
Ancelotti is 9th highest paid manager in the world. Conte is 7th. If conte came to wolves we'd probably have to make him the highest paid manager. We arent getting him, or anyone on his level so you may aswell close this nonsense thread. Lets be realistic here.

D

Deleted member 11332

Ancelotti is 9th highest paid manager in the world. Conte is 7th. If conte came to wolves we'd probably have to make him the highest paid manager. We arent getting him, or anyone on his level so you may aswell close this nonsense thread. Lets be realistic here.

Why be realistic though, we can't change who the manager is going to be. I just said that anything is possible with financial backing. Ffp is relaxed due to covid and it's possible we could pay him well and give him a large transfer budget? Likely? not remotely, but at least I haven't got to hear people moaning about lack of experience on this thread. As if experience always equals good.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why be realistic though, we can't change who the manager is going to be. I just said that anything is possible with financial backing. Ffp is relaxed due to covid and it's possible we could pay him well and give him a large transfer budget? Likely? not remotely, but at least I haven't got to hear people moaning about lack of experience on this thread. As if experience always equals good.
You wont have people moaning about lack of experience you will just have people moaning about how ridiculous your suggestion is. ;)

D

Deleted member 11332

You wont have people moaning about lack of experience you will just have people moaning about how ridiculous your suggestion is. ;)

Not mine I can never be bothered to start threads I just add to debate, even if I don't necessarily think it's likely it's nice to put a different angle across which prompts discussion.

As I said earlier on in my opinion, Conte is a weirdo and Im wary of any bloke who wears a rug. Especially when the world has already seen how bald you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the manager is key to the style of play and team setup but for me as long as it is someone that plays attacking football and proven. I am more concerned about the players we bring in as if we appointed Ranieri or Pep they would still finish below mid table if we sign 18 year old Joe Bloggs and 19 year old Pete Bloggs . The key this season is the recruitment on the pitch as if we ant someone to progress younger talent then we may as well go down the Kids playbarn and and appoint their manager.
But Joe Bloggs is a towering centre half and his brother Pete is a striker considered a generational talent and one of this years Golden Young Boys. £80m for the pair is great business!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s my post and I did say he’s probably out of reach. My point was more that we should be aiming higher than the managers we’ve been linked with and if it is one of those then it shows that there is a serious lack of funds available.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The highest paid manager is the one who costs the club by doing a bad job that will take us down. The cheapest manager is one that would bring us the success that would bring the dosh in.
When I left college I was studying Management accountancy and one of my tutors said an accountant should always pay his own wages.........in other words you bring in more than your pay would be.
Think big- you get big....think small .......you get me. :tonguewink:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crikey. Hopefully people don't actually feel Conte is achievable for Wolves, as it would be a real sign of delusion.

We're not even the best job going for good managers in our own league at the moment, let alone across Europe. Conte is a level above where we're at.

People also can't use the fact we don't get Conte as a reason to beat the owners with in a couple of months' time as they didn't make a 'statement of intent'. Unachievable from the outset.

Appreciate the OP said unlikely in their post!

Back
Top Bottom