Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Another perspective on Leon Clarke

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO it's just a purple patch once he misses a few and the confidence starts to die Leon will be back to his usual self

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems typical he’s doing it in a season where his goals are directly threatening Wolves, but in a way I say good luck to him.

He’s not exactly Thierry Henry but he is a goal scorer I’ll givr him that.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s always had the ability but he seems to have lost some weight and got himself some desire fair play to him his career has been dead many times and come back stronger not something many footballers can do

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like it was all in his head...but then that's nearly always where the 'problems' are, as any sports psychologist will tell you about sportsmen in any sport.

D

Deleted member 5242

Looks leaner and fitter than ever to be fair to him and I think that's the difference. Still don't like the chap and have met him on a few occasions socially

I know which Leo I'd prefer in my team

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I don't think it's a purple patch, he's just now switched on with the way it is up there with the style

The fast aggressive football with turning the defence and getting balls into dangerous areas quickly has him tuned in. All that experience at different clubs has honed him, has a sharper instinct with situations.

You genuinely have to hand it to Clarkey for managing to bring it together so well finally.

I reckon he is well on for being top scorer this season.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has apparently sorted his head out and really knuckled down since the death of his father at the start of 2016.

Chris Wilder is also a very good man-manager by all accounts.

To be fair, he's been backup and/or shipped out on loan at a lot of clubs he's been at, us included. But when he's been the main-man up front, like his time at Coventry, Bury, S****horpe and now Sheff Utd, he's always scored goals.

All of these factors along with the brand of attacking football that Sheff Utd are playing now, means it's all clicked into place for him. Just a shame it's taken until he's nearly 33 to happen!

All the best to him, I'm confident he will never be playing at a higher level than us again.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes it just clicks for some players at certain clubs under certain managers. He's got a good manager there that has got them creating chances, Leon seems to have his head switched on and seems in a good moment. Once Sheff Utd hit a bad patch i imagine the goals will dry up but we'l see

S

ShropshireLad

As I've said before, he's being coached differently by different coaches who know how to make the difference. Well, I haven't said that before but it amounted to the same thing.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Footballers play with their instincts, he is a fairly decent number 9 and he is being played as that now. That along with good management is getting the best out of him. I am actually pleased for him. The biggest example of a confidence player you will find.

He was mismanaged at Wolves, almost stupidly when you think back. Under Hoddle he was always outwide and under Jackett even more strangely he played as a number 10 "in the hole". It is laughable he was played in those positions and yet he was the one ridiculed by supporters rather than the management.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
As much as I don’t like the guy for his attitude whilst being at Wolves those two times, a lot of it wasn’t his fault- and he has shown it some patches that he can be a quality striker. Wish him well, but obviously not that well, particularly this season whilst his form is threatening our promotion push.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely a purple patch. He'll go back to being **** when the chips are down

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Rickie Lambert and Jay Bothroyd hitting form at a late stage in his career. I didn't mind him 2nd time round. Just never worked out for whatever reason

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never ever dreamed that Leon Clarke would top the championship scoring charts. He couldnt buy a goal for us when we were breaking the League One points record. I think I saw him score one at Swindon. If he is fitter and more determined then that would add a lot to his game as he always seemed sulky, lazy and overweight. His finishing must have improved a lot too as there have been times he couldnt hit a barn door. I always thought he took up good positions in the box though which is a skill in itself so he always seemed to get lots of chances but didnt used to take them. I'd say he must realise that he only has a year or two left in his career and he has finally grown up. Fair play to him as I've written him off as useless more than once and I'm not often proved wrong. Whatever next Mairhofer topping the Bundesliga scoring charts?

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's momentum under Sheffield United.

He's only scored in 5 games I think I read but two here two there and three at the other has seen him stack them up.

Once SUFC tail off, (or next season if they don't) Clarke will do likewise

See Dicko, N. Iwelumo, C.

BazWolf

Reaction score
He still looks awkward and clumsy and nearly missed that easy header for his third last night, but you cannot knock the stats. I always thought Andy Cole was ****, but he kept banging 'em in. An ugly goal is better than a beautiful near miss.

Back
Top Bottom