Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Another Manager Poll

Who do you want to be Wolves next manager?

• Nuno

• Peter Bosz

• Leonardo Jardim

• Pedro Martins

Results are only viewable after voting.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly can’t remember……
Have Wolves or Nuno said no to his possible return?
Is there a chance?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly can’t remember…… Have Wolves or Nuno said no to his possible return? Is there a chance?
As far as I'm aware, neither party have said no. The only "official" comment in that regard comes from Nuno: “I’m with Al-Ittihad and I don’t like rumours. My focus is on the Dubai camp,” which is a classic Nuno non-comment really. Their vice chairman also said this, “Nothing official has reached the club regarding the English team’s desire to obtain the services of the coach, and all that is mentioned is incorrect,” which if true, suggests Wolves have not officially approached Al-Ittihad. EDIT: On the other hand, well-trusted journalist Fabrizio Romano confirmed talks had commenced between Wolves and Nuno.

"Unofficially"? Taken only from media reports on the "Nuno: Yes or No?" thread: The Daily Mail first reported that Nuno is keen to return to Wolves, and Liam Keen reported that he is indeed on the club's shortlist, though it was later clarified that he is not the first choice. It has not been established why, but Nuno's release clause is expensive, according to the Al-Ittihad vice chair: "Even if the coach wants to leave, the penalty clause is of a high financial value."

How high? Unknown. Later, it was revealed in the Times that Wolves had settled on a mysterious three man shortlist. Beale was evidently one of them but he's out of the running now. It was suggested that while Rob Edwards was interviewed, it may have been with the secondary goal of him returning to the coaching staff. So, who are the remaining two men? My personal guess is Nuno and Bosz, and the big sticking point for Nuno is the compensation to Al-Ittihad.

Last edited:

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, neither party have said no. The only "official" comment that I've seen relating to the matter comes from Nuno: “I’m with Al-Ittihad and I don’t like rumours. My focus is on the Dubai camp,” which is a classic Nuno non-comment really. Their vice chairman also said this, “Nothing official has reached the club regarding the English team’s desire to obtain the services of the coach, and all that is mentioned is incorrect,” which only confirms that no official approach has been made to Al-Ittihad yet. That doesn't mean Nuno didn't speak in confidence to someone about viewing a Wolves return favourably.

"Unofficially"? Taken only from media reports on the "Nuno: Yes or No?" thread: The Daily Mail first reported that Nuno is keen to return to Wolves, and Liam Keen reported that he is indeed on the club's shortlist, though it was later clarified that he is not the first choice. It has not been established why, but Nuno's release clause is expensive, according to the Al-Ittihad vice chair: "Even if the coach wants to leave, the penalty clause is of a high financial value."

How high? Unknown. Later, it was revealed in the Times that Wolves had settled on a mysterious three man shortlist. Beale was evidently one of them but he's out of the running now. It was suggested that while Rob Edwards was interviewed, it may have been with the secondary goal of him returning to the coaching staff. So, who are the remaining two men? My personal guess is Nuno and Bosz, and the big sticking point for Nuno is the compensation to Al-Ittihad.
Last Friday

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Gosh that’s a depressing list. None of the above would win by a landslide I reckon. Mind you, the fact that none of us can really see a clear and obvious candidate says it all.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gosh that’s a depressing list. None of the above would win by a landslide I reckon. Mind you, the fact that none of us can really see a clear and obvious candidate says it all.
To be honest that's probably always been the case at Wolves. It's not like we've ever been in a position to attract people who are clearly world class to take over. I can't think of any appointment who resoundingly had the unquestioning support of almost every fan. We know there were people who wanted Lambert to stay on or were hankering after Marco Silva rather than another "Mendes puppet" in Nuno.

I'm not sure that all that many clubs recruit a manager that the fanbase unanimously is fully in favour of as their undisputed favourite.

There were many Liverpool fans who thought Anchelotti a better choice than Klopp, Chelsea fans weren't all craving for Brighton's manager to come in, Arteta certainly wasn't particularly wanted at Arsenal and plenty of Utd fans would have rather seen Pochettino (or Tuchel poached due to the Abramovich fallout) than have Ten Haag.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like it'll end up being another one off the Mendes line of uninspiring choices and this is a serious problem now

It started all the way back with Lambert getting the push but saying he didn't want to work with the way we'd do our transfers (i.e. Mendes link), we brought in Nuno, a load of Mendes players and off we flew, (rightly) laughing at the fact we would have probably built a team around Grant Hanley and Jordan Hugill rather than Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota

Now though this is causing a problem

Mendes can still be a huge help to us in acquiring players, of that there is no doubt and he proved it again in the summer, but at the same time he's negotiated us lending Traore to Barca for apparently nothing and is reported to also be trying to persuade us to lend Neves to them in the January window before a permanent move. The problem seems not many head coaches want to work under these conditions where an agent is going to move on their players, which is hardly a surprise. The ones that will work under these conditions are loyal to Mendes, so our options are restricted

Mendes could place Lage into position knowing he's happy for his big wage and shot at the PL and wouldn't argue with Mendes moving players around. Nuno the same, although I think Nuno would be able to have more of a say with Mendes than Lage ever could

Shi said in the first season of Fosun's takeover "Jorge is my friend, but he can't tell me what to do", and in my opinion, we need to start cutting this Gestifute umbilical cord

Time to grow a set, Jeff

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like it'll end up being another one off the Mendes line of uninspiring choices and this is a serious problem now

It started all the way back with Lambert getting the push but saying he didn't want to work with the way we'd do our transfers (i.e. Mendes link), we brought in Nuno, a load of Mendes players and off we flew, (rightly) laughing at the fact we would have probably built a team around Grant Hanley and Jordan Hugill rather than Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota

Mendes can still be a huge help to us in acquiring players, of that there is no doubt and he proved it again in the summer, but at the same time he's negotiated us lending Traore to Barca for apparently nothing and is reported to also be trying to persuade us to lend Neves to them in the January window before a permanent move. The problem seems not many head coaches want to work under these conditions where an agent is going to move on their players, which is hardly a surprise. The ones that will work under these conditions are loyal to Mendes, so our options are restricted

Mendes could place Lage into position knowing he's happy for his big wage and shot at the PL and wouldn't argue with Mendes moving players around. Nuno the same, although I think Nuno would be able to have more of a say with Mendes than Lage ever could

Shi said in the first season of Fosun's takeover "Jorge is my friend, but he can't tell me what to do", and in my opinion, we need to start cutting this Gestifute umbilical cord

Time to grow a set, Jeff
Would you have been upset if we ended up with Mendes client Lopetegui? If he helps us get Leonardo Jardim, who is far more qualified for the job than most candidates, would you be upset as well?

We wouldn't be where we currently are without Mendes, that's the cold hard truth. Neves, Jota, Jimenez etc. don't join without his help. Yes we've had some duds, but they're far outweighed by the better players we've gotten with his help.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you have been upset if we ended up with Mendes client Lopetegui? If he helps us get Leonardo Jardim, who is far more qualified for the job than most candidates, would you be upset as well?

We wouldn't be where we currently are without Mendes, that's the cold hard truth. Neves, Jota, Jimenez etc. don't join without his help. Yes we've had some duds, but they're far outweighed by the better players we've gotten with his help.
Yeah I've said that, Mendes has been a huge help in getting us here but it always had a limit and it's now that we're getting problems. We can't move on our own

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm alright with the guy we have now until the world cup. I liked our performance against palace. I want to see more.
Though I don't know how plausible that will be with half of you losing your **** over everything and anything you can lose your **** over.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I've said that, Mendes has been a huge help in getting us here but it always had a limit and it's now that we're getting problems. We can't move on our own
We need a better blend rather than being solely dependent on him I agree, but I do think they're working on that. I think what we really lack is a proper Director of Football, I think Sellars is a little out of his depth and Jeff needs more help on the football side.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm alright with the guy we have now until the world cup. I liked our performance against palace. I want to see more.
Though I don't know how plausible that will be with half of you losing your **** over everything and anything you can lose your **** over.
Think in the two games I've seen we've seen baby steps. There's definitely more intent to get players forward and actually try to get balls into the box, think had we been confident and fully fit we'd have picked some better final balls and quite possibly won both games by a couple of goals

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In

Time to grow a set, Jeff
In my opinion you would be cutting off links to what is making us good in the first place, for no good reason.
Which one was the iffy transfer this summer....Sasa or Nunes?
Can we stop doing business with his agency for screwing us over too? Maybe we should have got Carroll instead of Costa.
People have got this idea that we have been fed crap players from him, and it just isn't true. Meanwhile Vitinha(not good enough to be worth us having a go) gets a move to PSG and is starting every week.
Go through the squad and name the god awful mendes clients.
Tell me Neves wouldn't jump for a barcelona move if he wasn't on gestifute. Tell me Jota stays if he's with any other agent.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In
In my opinion you would be cutting off links to what is making us good in the first place, for no good reason.
Which one was the iffy transfer this summer....Sasa or Nunes?
Can we stop doing business with his agency for screwing us over too? Maybe we should have got Carroll instead of Costa.
People have got this idea that we have been fed crap players from him, and it just isn't true. Meanwhile Vitinha(not good enough to be worth us having a go) gets a move to PSG and is starting every week.
Go through the squad and name the god awful mendes clients.
Tell me Neves wouldn't jump for a barcelona move if he wasn't on gestifute. Tell me Jota stays if he's with any other agent.
You're misunderstanding it. I'm not complaining about the players he's helped us get, I've even said he's still helpful in that regard. I'm saying we can't get a solid head coach in, largely because of his influence

Most other clubs in the PL are doing just fine without a direct line to Mendes or his players, him having us on a string is not helpful with where we are now. We need to balance it out and be able to make decisions without his influence

bigwolf

Reaction score
Ah yes another poll....I've been expecting you.

But we also need a new poll.

Who is more incompetent Conservative Party or Fosun?

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we need a ‘wtf - there are no outstanding candidates,’ option added to this.

Back
Top Bottom