Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Andy King?

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
Dont know whether this is mentioned elsewhere, sorry if it is, but apparently we are considering a move for out of favour Welshman Andy King from LCFC

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was injured. In any case not good enough for what we need.

D

Dewsburywolf

So we've gone from signing ex Royals to bidding for a King

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Dont know whether this is mentioned elsewhere, sorry if it is, but apparently we are considering a move for out of favour Welshman Andy King from LCFC

Where did you hear that LetTheBullLoose?

E

EdwardLoxdale

Lot of good talk about King. Certainly a player I have always made effort to watch when watching Leicester/highlights. I would be chuffed if we signed him but I can't see Leicester selling him at least not until the summer.

H

Hatch End

Oh dear, if it wasn't bad enough having Mick fans and Morgan / Moxey fans, we've now got Edwards fans who think that the Sun shines through his wotsit! and get terribly upset when the rest of us don't appreciate his beauty.

He scored on Saturday, by standing in the way when the ball was kicked and luckily moved his head to deflect it past the keeper. Well I'm grateful for that small mercy, but not for the three recent back-passes he made to the opposing keeper when he could have scored.

Nothing wrong with the lad, he runs about, tries his best every game, but a Premiership player he's not, or ever will be.

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
Heard on twitter from John Voysey @brummieagent. Don't know if there's any truth in it but he has come up trumps before

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do you have such an agenda?

I don't think Edwards is particularly good either but it was a good finish on Saturday. Is that so hard to admit?

E

EdwardLoxdale

I think Edwards is very under rated and when he has a run of injury free games we will see a great talent come through. He showed glimpses of this on Saturday, one point he turned on half way line and picked a beautiful ball out to Jarvis on the wing that left me open mouthed.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I think Edwards is very under rated and when he has a run of injury free games we will see a great talent come through. He showed glimpses of this on Saturday, one point he turned on half way line and picked a beautiful ball out to Jarvis on the wing that left me open mouthed.

Yes, I noticed that.... he fizzed it over!

Got to say I was impressed by Jarvis too...he has developed real quick feet and his quick and close control of the ball on receiving is excellent now...when moving or stationary. He reminds me of the Arsenal players a lot!

Chaos and Mayhem to wreak havoc me thinks! ;)....that's Jarvis and Kightly BTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member LP 3925

Is that in a 'why the $$$$ have you never shown that talent before' sort of open mouthed?

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
King is very similar to Edwards, a typical McCarthy type player. No creativity but runs around a lot.

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andy King is the Lampard of the Championship. Seems at his best with license to get forward, makes cracking runs and is a good finisher. Whether that's what we need I don't know but he'd be an improvement on many we have got in our 'engine room'!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is not what we need. We need some quality. He is no better than what we have got.

E

Essex Wolf

But would he provide the missing quality PW?

He may look a decent player in a lower league but Wolves need players who are proven at PL level. Do they need to take risks with things as they are?

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But would he provide the missing quality PW?

He may look a decent player in a lower league but Wolves need players who are proven at PL level. Do they need to take risks with things as they are?

I'm not sure. He's another with obvious potential and probably will be a premier league player but I agree potential is very risky as we need people to come in now. It's time for the board to up it a level so Mick can bring in the better quality.

D

Deleted member 4008

Going to be an interesting few days before the window closes. Personally King is not what we need . Now Morgan has not sacked Mick then surely he will back him with funds and to sign some better players than we have in the 11.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be an interesting few days before the window closes. Personally King is not what we need . Now Morgan has not sacked Mick then surely he will back him with funds and to sign some better players than we have in the 11.

Yep Numpty. I'm expecting three excellent signings, no excuses!:D
Then again if we end up with nothing at least we've got Eggy!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he isn't injured already he will be if he signs for us because I will go down to training on his first day and knee cap the $$$$er, same goes for mancienne aswell. Might as well do eggy while I'm down there coming to think of it.

WAKE UP MORGAN, WAKE UO JEZ, WAKE UP MICK!!!! We are sleepwalking towards relegation and your solution, sign another championship plodder who can put a $$$$ing shift in.

Absolutely beggars belief at the minute.

E

Essex Wolf

I'm not sure. He's another with obvious potential and probably will be a premier league player but I agree potential is very risky as we need people to come in now. It's time for the board to up it a level so Mick can bring in the better quality.

And players with obvious potential are great if a club has time to bring them on and nuture them. Wolves do not have the time right now.

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And players with obvious potential are great if a club has time to bring them on and nuture them. Wolves do not have the time right now.

I agree. For the record I'd be happy for us to sign him and replace Milijas, Guedioura & Edwards but we need somebody else for the now to play alongside Frimpong and O'Hara.

D

Deleted member 4023

In case anyones forgotten - we actually have to shift players out before we can bring any in.

E

Essex Wolf

I agree. For the record I'd be happy for us to sign him and replace Milijas, Guedioura & Edwards but we need somebody else for the now to play alongside Frimpong and O'Hara.

I think all Wolves supporters know this PW but it's whether the 3M's are prepared to do anything about the obvious.

E

Essex Wolf

In case anyones forgotten - we actually have to shift players out before we can bring any in.

Howfen, Wolves could have a shed load of players but only a certain number can be named in the 1st team squad as I understand it.

If better players are available then they can be found a place in the squad by dropping some of the poorer ones.

G

GoldForever

Sign him and get him in, infact sign anyone and get them in, we need something, a spark, anything, the predictable play of Henry, Edwards, Milijas, Jarvis just borders on insanity.

B

Bevan

If we can't attract better signings than King, then we should look at another loanee. Look at how good Frimpong is. Surely there are other young starlets about not playing for one of the top teams?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
King was one of the rising stars in the Championship 12 months ago and like a lot of youngsters has suffered a dip in form after a very promising start. I'd take him over Guedioura every time. He would be good competition for Edwards and whilst probably less athletic he may bring more goals.

E

EdwardLoxdale

If we can't attract better signings than King, then we should look at another loanee. Look at how good Frimpong is. Surely there are other young starlets about not playing for one of the top teams?

Shelvey/Spearing come to mind.

H

Hatch End

Andy King, I remember him, Ex Everton, best player we had in the disastrous seasons, as we descended, the leagues in the 80's................isn't he a bit old now?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about this Ravel Morrison from Man Utd on loan? Clearly a highly talented player and maybe a loan spell here would do him the world of good.

Back
Top Bottom