Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Andy Keogh to Bristol

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
loan, with a view to a permanent deal. So it appears that Keogh was not good enough for Cardiff either - will people now admit he was never quite good enough?

(Light's blue touchpaper and retires to a safe distance):embarassed:

P

Penk Wolf

To be fair I would put Chopra, Bellamy and Bothroyd in front of him.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that is probably his level, good luck to him. One of the best performances I have ever seen by a Wolves player was Keogh away at Wigan last season.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets hope we don't have to play against him next year unless it's the cup!

J

Jameswwfc

Will always have time for players like keogh. Always gave 100% when wearing the shirt and thats all you can ask of them. Plus the winner at derby, one of my best moments in 24 years of supporting wolves

O

Onlywolf

loan, with a view to a permanent deal. So it appears that Keogh was not good enough for Cardiff either - will people now admit he was never quite good enough?

(Light's blue touchpaper and retires to a safe distance):embarassed:

You haven't lit anything - I've never seen a player where so many promising moves breaks down with him. Defenders would just show him down a blind alley then steal the ball like Tyson taking sweets from a child. How anyone ever rated him is a total mystery!
At no point did he ever look like a prem player.

Glasgow wolf must be heartbroken !!!

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Why do people take personal pride out of Andy Keogh not being in the Wolves team anyway? Perhaps I should also use it as a means of increasing self-esteem instead of following the various self-help babble printed in The Guardian.

D

Dragonwolf

Why do people take personal pride out of Andy Keogh not being in the Wolves team anyway? Perhaps I should also use it as a means of increasing self-esteem instead of following the various self-help babble printed in The Guardian.

Probably because there were a few souls on here who seemed to truly believe he was premier class and were very loud about it

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Probably because there were a few souls on here who seemed to truly believe he was premier class and were very loud about it

Think that goes for a number of players on this board. But it's only in Keogh's case where his detractors have a sense of pride and self-worth equivalent to discovering gravity.

J

Jameswwfc

What has keogh done for people to slag him off, he's never come out himself and said he's premiership class has he. All he's ever done is try his best for the club we love, if he wasn't good enough thats the managers fault for picking him not his.

J

johnybig32

Same amount of goals as Doyle then??

There is more to being a front man than just goals.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same amount of goals as Doyle then??

There is more to being a front man than just goals.
Let's start the whole Andy Keogh debate all over again?! He was $$$$e, he is $$$$e and always will be $$$$e. Wolves, Cardiff, Bristol City - we can see in what direction his career is going - he's heading down the M4 and will be at Swindon for the start of next season!

J

johnybig32

OMG - Keogh was not $$$$e. People are so quick to forget the vital role he played in our promotion, and at the start of last season.

Keogh came for next to nothing and played a vital role. When him and Kightly worked together, they were immense. Yes at CCC level and we all hoped it would work out in Prem, but it hasnt worked out like that!

Haggstone

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was alright. Nothing more nothing less but blimey he used to frustrate the hell out of me at times. All the best Andy.

D

Dewsburywolf

Iwelumo & Mieirhoffer last season, Vokes & now Keogh this season. Can't they get strikers from anyone else?

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always stuck up for Keogh as he ran his nads off for the team I love. Quality wise we've outgrown him but people saying he was $$$$ for us just shows off their lack of footballing knowledge. He had good games and bad games but that one at Derby away will live long in the memory! All the best Andy.

O

Onlywolf

Quality wise we've outgrown him but people saying he was $$$$ for us just shows off their lack of footballing knowledge.

EASILY the most ironic post of the decade !!

So Wolves > Cardiff > Bristol City > (Yeovil) - who lacked 'footballing knowledge' again ?

P

Paul76

More dead wood jettisoned, good news. Good luck Keogh, you truly are an awful finisher.

D

Dragonwolf

Think that goes for a number of players on this board. But it's only in Keogh's case where his detractors have a sense of pride and self-worth equivalent to discovering gravity.

I guess there will allways be the odd player who is like Marmite.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might put them in front of our current strikers, so no shame for Keogh in that.

Indeed, Bellamy and Chopra would possibly do better for us in the prem than the players we have got. Not sure about Bothroyd, depends if he could be bothered

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how good old Andy, who is no longer here, is still dividing opinion? Still think he's $$$$e even though he did have 1 good game for us!

Neptune

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
omg - keogh was not $$$$e. People are so quick to forget the vital role he played in our promotion, and at the start of last season.

Keogh came for next to nothing and played a vital role. When him and kightly worked together, they were immense. Yes at ccc level and we all hoped it would work out in prem, but it hasnt worked out like that!

+1

Coffs Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Thank **** Cardiff got shot of him as well.
The bookies must have thought my money was all theirs when he appeared on the pitch.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure Keogh is a nice bloke and yes he did step up to the plate at Derby away and have a very good game at Wigan. But for all his link up play and solid championship level talent he did not have the mental strength, killer instinct, or natural finishing that we need at this level.

I thank him for what he did and wish him well but he could not make the transition even with some signifiant tallent.

J

Jameswwfc

I think everyone who was at that derby game will always have time for keogh. Good championship player, poor premiership player nothing to be disgraced about. What we'd all give to be as good as him.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we used up all our luck with strikers all that time ago with Bully. We havent had a good striker since then, sorry SEB did well in championship.
Unfortunately Wolves havent moved up that gear to cope in the premiership in most of the team positions. C'est la vie!

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FLEET WOLF

Will always have time for players like keogh. Always gave 100% when wearing the shirt and thats all you can ask of them. Plus the winner at derby, one of my best moments in 24 years of supporting wolves

Agreed. Given the number of goals that Doyle has scored this season, I am really not sure he is much better than Keogh in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom