Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Alex Scott

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he wasn't just JLs target. From the reports it was Wolves staff who showed him the scout videos & JL liked what he saw.

He may have been his no1 target but he was also a club target too.

Surely the thread can be closed now.

He was probably lined up as a replacement for Nunes. Since it appears he is going nowhere this summer (fingers crossed) and we are short of cash for preinvestments, then likely he’s less of a priority for the club right now. However it appears he was a bellwether signing for JL, and he’s ****ed off now, so I’m less stressed.

Let Bournemouth try him out in the PL this season, and when they go down, we can pick him up next summer if he’s done well ;)

floydstreet

Reaction score
Shame
But seriously finances are tight / ffp
I suspect eventually people will get that, so sadly for at least a year we have to be pragmatic

Centre half priority
The lad from Man City on loan might be a great alternative. Free as loan, had an equally strong championship season as Scott and we then find future targets

A positive is that we are finally targeting a much broader player for signing. This is great. Scott May turn out to be amazing and a miss, it happens wish the lad well aside from against us. But there are a lot of 19-21 year old top talents, so the job is to identify the next one for when ffp is relaxed next season.

We move on I guess

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't get why we were ever interested in him in the first place. Technically nice but never what we needed right now.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure with time and developed game time the lad will be great and in 2/3 seasons move on to a top 6 type club in the league.

We aren’t in a position right now to be signing players that aren’t going to have an immediate impact on the first team sadly.

floydstreet

Reaction score
They like forest will have challenges next season for sure. So guess they are spending now to strengthen and then hope they can balance next summer. But both taking a chance (just like we did last season)

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Bristol thought it was a 2 horse race. So upped the ante.

But one horse was shot in the paddock.

So accept anything.
I think our horse was shot in the paddock before the race started . Also it has 3 ******g legs .

Fosun are a shambles though . Why not say with communication to your paying fabs we can't afford anyone this season.

But then use your players that did ok on loan . Oh wait we sold those . Absolute ****ing ****s

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Time he had he own thread I think.

Talks last night have made his signing much more likely. Julen insistent - he's the one player he really wants and we will make it happen.

Get it done!
Looks like your source was incorrect on this one, unlikely we’d have been trying to give JL Scott when he’d already agreed to leave the previous week.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bristol were hoping a bidding war between Wolves and Bournemouth would push the price beyond the £25m MiNIMUM asking price. Then suddenly Wolves drop out and they can't agree a price with Bournemouth fast enough.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom