Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I mean there was a lot of stuff outside the ground, the Cup one in particular as I recall. The thing is though, that's down to the police to deal with individuals. I don't think anyone is claiming our fans are all angels (even less so 20 years ago), but the point is that the FA Charges relate to a failure to control the fans inside the ground, which is the club responsibility

"It's alleged that the club failed to ensure its spectators and/or supporters conduct themselves in an orderly fashion and don't behave in an improper, offensive, violent, threatening, abusive, indecent, insulting or provocative way," the FA said. "It's also alleged that the club failed to ensure its spectators and/or supporters refrain from throwing missiles or other potentially harmful or dangerous objects towards the pitch."

So they didn't actually steward the ground proverly, hence why the charges are against the club.
I totally agree with what you've put there.

My point initially was not that they shouldn't be charged, just that I felt people on here were being OTT with talk like points deductions etc.

I got the impression (maybe wrongly) people were trying to say our fans were not like that, which is why I mentioned the trouble.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
You wasn’t up Sedgley then ha ha
But not on the pitch in front of tv cameras I’m not saying we’re angels I know there was trouble after all those games, but someone suggested we would behave like them if we lost we wouldn’t and we didn’t .

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I totally agree with what you've put there.

My point initially was not that they shouldn't be charged, just that I felt people on here were being OTT with talk like points deductions etc.

I got the impression (maybe wrongly) people were trying to say our fans were not like that, which is why I mentioned the trouble.
Yes, points deduction is ridiculous (especially as it's the FA not the EFL, not even their competition!). It'll no doubt be a fine, the scale of which will be interesting.

What they really need though is effective stewarding. The way they completely ignored things being thrown from the East Stand set the tone for the day for me. Whether that's by instruction, apathy or cowardice I don't know, but it's not good enough. So a fine will probably incentivise them to improve, but in all probability they'll convince themselves it's a one off, they'll never play us again and forget all about it.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But not on the pitch in front of tv cameras I’m not saying we’re angels I know there was trouble after all those games, but someone suggested we would behave like them if we lost we wouldn’t and we didn’t .
Yeah I know, I was being flippant.

Over the years in the ground, we’ve been well behaved, seeing as we’ve had to endure, three pitch invasions, songs about our dead hero, coins thrown at every game I’ve been too.

Other than smashing up the toilets I can’t think of any trouble inside the ground

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
TBH best part of the day was when our tram pulled into West Bum Central and down they matched on the platform to be told they weren’t allowed on. We were in a queue of trams so sat there for a while watching there heads explode as they realised the wouldn’t make kick off. Poetic justice.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Where on earth have you got tough on Wolves from on that post? Nothing should or will happen to us because we weren't involved.

Unable to read. Colour me shocked...
Not from that post - from your other thousand constantly slagging wolves off.

I agree with the statement that you’re clearly just a wum/baggie/troll.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fancy arguing amongst ourselves about the ****…onto a more pertinent point. When was the last time we had major crowd trouble inside the ground..? I really can’t recall

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fancy arguing amongst ourselves about the ****…onto a more pertinent point. When was the last time we had major crowd trouble inside the ground..? I really can’t recall
Cardiff City wasn't it? When they closed the refreshment kiosks in the Steve Bull and they started smashing things up. Remember the police streaming into the stand and punches being thrown.

Smashed a bus stop up on the Stafford road on the way to the match.

Must be what, 15+ years ago? Probably more.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
xx.gif

Re: Albion Tackle Crowd Behaviour

« Reply #106 on: Yesterday at 11:47:53 PM »

If the game hadn't been on TV nobody would have given a toss about what went on which was nothing in reality apart from one of our own getting hit by a truncheon.

Let's hope we can mitigate the fine down the fine to as little as possible.

From their forum. This plankton actually believes they were the victims! That takes a special level of delusion!

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff City wasn't it? When they closed the refreshment kiosks in the Steve Bull and they started smashing things up. Remember the police streaming into the stand and punches being thrown.

Answered my own question. 2006. Match was held up and 3 of them ended up before a judge:

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good shout but I was actually referring to our fans.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good shout but I was actually referring to our fans.
Burnley at home when we were heading to division one, but that was directed at our owners and management, not the opposition fans.
There were numerous pitch invasions against Rotherham, but that was over enthusiasm.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, points deduction is ridiculous (especially as it's the FA not the EFL, not even their competition!). It'll no doubt be a fine, the scale of which will be interesting.

What they really need though is effective stewarding. The way they completely ignored things being thrown from the East Stand set the tone for the day for me. Whether that's by instruction, apathy or cowardice I don't know, but it's not good enough. So a fine will probably incentivise them to improve, but in all probability they'll convince themselves it's a one off, they'll never play us again and forget all about it.
I would add competent initial ticketing but otherwise agree. I joked about a points deduction but that's never going to happen.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would add competent initial ticketing but otherwise agree. I joked about a points deduction but that's never going to happen.

Yep. Fine plus threat of playing behind closed doors (suspended) is my guess.

Shouldn’t think that any BCD in the near future (if any happen) will have away fans in attendance.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yep. Fine plus threat of playing behind closed doors (suspended) is my guess.

Shouldn’t think that any BCD in the near future (if any happen) will have away fans in attendance.
Hoping we don't have to worry, but would be very harsh on us, what message does it send out, behave immaculately (two flares and a couple of bottles returns excepted ;)) and we'll ban you anyway?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Appropriate punishment in my view
  1. Banned from entering the FA Cup for five years
  2. Not allowed to play The Liquidator for the remainder of their existence
  3. Made to return their "Best Fans in the World" trophy
  4. Wetherspoons have to withdraw from the area
  5. All charity shops to refuse to serve anyone that smells like a **** fan

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No you picked me up for saying that it was mayhem when we lost those games. It was.
The mayhem after those games was outside the ground and towards town, so surely that’s not the clubs responsibility and is more of a police issue as it’s public order? Plus because of the location it’s much harder for the police outside molineux than the hawthornes.

They won’t get a ban as that’s to the extreme but they’ll feel some weight of this with a big fine and rightly so, it’s on them to provide security inside the ground via stewards, the police are only there to enforce it if it goes wrong. Similarly I was at Cheltenham Wednesday and a minor scuffle broke out, I was talking to a copper at the time (I was laughing with him as he was actually watching the racing and I’d said it’s a good gig to get paid for that). He didn’t move an inch as two lads started rumbling, I said “shouldn’t you stop that” “nope, I’ll only get involved if their security don’t deal with it”

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The mayhem after those games was outside the ground and towards town, so surely that’s not the clubs responsibility and is more of a police issue as it’s public order? Plus because of the location it’s much harder for the police outside molineux than the hawthornes.

They won’t get a ban as that’s to the extreme but they’ll feel some weight of this with a big fine and rightly so, it’s on them to provide security inside the ground via stewards, the police are only there to enforce it if it goes wrong. Similarly I was at Cheltenham Wednesday and a minor scuffle broke out, I was talking to a copper at the time (I was laughing with him as he was actually watching the racing and I’d said it’s a good gig to get paid for that). He didn’t move an inch as two lads started rumbling, I said “shouldn’t you stop that” “nope, I’ll only get involved if their security don’t deal with it”

Yes I agree. All along I've said they should get fined.

Unfortunately people exaggerate what I say and I'm an Albion fan for thinking they should get a fine and not a stadium ban or kicked out of a competition... I also think talk of no away fans at future BCD is hugely excessive given what actually happened.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No you picked me up for saying that it was mayhem when we lost those games. It was.
No he didn't, he used the term posts, plural, his term was weird posts, which is not far off IMO.
I would say, your posts were designed to be controversial, to minimize the baggies offences and to paint Wolves fans with false equivalence.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No he didn't, he used the term posts, plural, his term was weird posts, which is not far off IMO.
I would say, your posts were designed to be controversial, to minimize the baggies offences and to paint Wolves fans with false equivalence.
My initial posts have absolutely nothing to do with Wolves. We did nothing wrong on the day, so we're largely irrelevant to this discussion.

My thoughts on the matter are that West Brom deserve a fine for what happened on the day. Nothing more severe. I reckon that would tie in with what the majority on here believe, and I reckon it will be actually what does happen. So there's nothing controversial about it at all really.

Then, like several others have since, I questioned whether it was right to say 'we didn't kick-off' after defeats to Albion when there were riots in the city centre after those games. Yes, not in the ground, but the post didn't specify the ground, so it was open to interpretation.

Once again, whatever I put gets twisted and used in a way that people want to find as criticism against Wolves. It's getting ridiculous, and you're another IPTV fan from Canada who is happy to question whether I'm a fan. Nice one.

Last edited:

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see 2 Cardiff fans have been given football banning orders and suspended prison sentences for attacking a Swansea fan who celebrated a goal in the Cardiff end. The incident took place in last season.

Think there will be a fair few Albion fans including Savile worried they will get a similar punishment.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see 2 Cardiff fans have been given football banning orders and suspended prison sentences for attacking a Swansea fan who celebrated a goal in the Cardiff end. The incident took place in last season.

Think there will be a fair few Albion fans including Savile worried they will get a similar punishment.
Savile has already been punished by life. Looking like that and supporting the **** is a life sentence without parole.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you're another IPTV fan
I see this is your new go to kick back (you've used it twice in this thread), which I do find odd.

For someone who regularly lambastes the club over pricing (particularly when increases are announced) as to pricing out local people and low earners, its slightly ironic that you now choose as an 'insult' someone who doesn't or can't attend.

Whilst, for what its worth, I generally agree with your stance on this - it is worth pointing out that anyone is entitled to an opinion and just because you are a STH, it doesn't make your opinion any more valid than someone who isn't or indeed can't attend matches.

I think the problem is that people do see many of your posts as negative towards the club, in many aspects (some I agree with, some I don't), and maybe thats the overarching impression people get from you.*

*I'm not a STH and don't attend as many games as I would like, so this opinion may be invalid

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see this is your new go to kick back (you've used it twice in this thread), which I do find odd.

For someone who regularly lambastes the club over pricing (particularly when increases are announced) as to pricing out local people and low earners, its slightly ironic that you now choose as an 'insult' someone who doesn't or can't attend.

Whilst, for what its worth, I generally agree with your stance on this - it is worth pointing out that anyone is entitled to an opinion and just because you are a STH, it doesn't make your opinion any more valid than someone who isn't or indeed can't attend matches.

I think the problem is that people do see many of your posts as negative towards the club, in many aspects (some I agree with, some I don't), and maybe thats the overarching impression people get from you.*

*I'm not a STH and don't attend as many games as I would like, so this opinion may be invalid

Unfortunately you have missed the point.

I am not insulting them because they can or can't attend. We are all Wolves fans and whether you go to games or not, we all have opinions on issues and nobody is above anyone else in that regard.

However, in my opinion, it's absolutely not fair to question whether someone is a fan when they spend more time and money on Wolves than you.

Why is it okay to question whether I'm a Wolves fan just because I have an opinion on this? (one that you 'generally agree' with)

I'm a season ticket holder who does probably 7-10 away games a season. Does that make my opinion more valid than anyone else? Absolutely NOT. But it means I am a fan. Yet many posters who watch us on a firestick every week are happy to think they're above me as a fan and insult me. That's not really right is it?

(As we know, being called a **** fan is as bad as it gets :D )

It would be like me questioning whether people who have home and away season tickets are actually Wolves fans. I wouldn't.

So yes, disagree with me and debate the points by all means. But to be repeatedly told I'm not a Wolves fan by people who don't even go warranted a response I felt.

Madmalc

Reaction score
I'm going to refrain from speculating about what their punishment will be.
The fact they've been charged by the FA for 2 failures is a bit like finding the Christmas presents as a kid.
Knowing you're going to get a present was great, I preferred not to spoil the excitement by trying to guess what they were.
Let's just hope we all like the present when it's finally unwrapped.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to refrain from speculating about what their punishment will be.
The fact they've been charged by the FA for 2 failures is a bit like finding the Christmas presents as a kid.
Knowing you're going to get a present was great, I preferred not to spoil the excitement by trying to guess what they were.
Let's just hope we all like the present when it's finally unwrapped.
They are like a bloke who knows that he has a STD and is just waiting for the test results to find out if it's syphilis or gonorhea.....

Back
Top Bottom