Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope someone smacked the idiot! What a cretin. Then they call us Dingles!

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sore losers mate, they know they are on a heading to Oblivion (that's not good to any Steptoe reading).

It's actually hilarious how badly they have taken it, shows how thick they are really.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looking at recent fines dished out by th FA i think we are looking at a minimum £200k fine and an action plan

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at recent fines dished out by th FA i think we are looking at a minimum £200k fine and an action plan
Us or them?
Yeah some Wolves took in a smoke bomb or 2 but that's literally it, even with my own bias.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
while i agree with you, and i’m sure we’ve mentioned this before, sport here, particularly football is tribal.
The franchise model in the US and Canada takes away from that for me.
Stop making excuses for terrible people lol

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have either Albion or Wolves, or both been charged by the FA yet? Normally clubs are charged very quickly after there have transgressions.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Have either Albion or Wolves, or both been charged by the FA yet? Normally clubs are charged very quickly after there have transgressions.
What will they charge Wolves with? Club and fans did nothing wrong.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What will they charge Wolves with? Club and fans did nothing wrong.

Do you think that's going to stop them? they'll want to make an example of both of us, even if they have to make up some BS about Wolves. I imagine the fact we set off flares will give them ample excuse.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Do you think that's going to stop them? they'll want to make an example of both of us, even if they have to make up some BS about Wolves. I imagine the fact we set off flares will give them ample excuse.
In which case I expect to see every club get charged with flares. Happens every week. And that’s still Albion’s fault for not searching properly.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those posters who were actually at the game, you may wish to submit your observations via the FSA in case they get a distorted view of events by Albion fans responding. Got this via email just now, but as I was not there, I cannot respond.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those posters who were actually at the game, you may wish to submit your observations via the FSA in case they get a distorted view of events by Albion fans responding. Got this via email just now, but as I was not there, I cannot respond.

Leaving aside the actual football, I have to say as an opposing fan I thought it was all rather well handled this time around, particularly compared most away days.

The metro was well organised this time, with far more services including direct ones, and perhaps surprisingly they didn't even have police on board trying to antagonise!

Once off the tram, the police around left us to wander up at our own pace and were rather relaxed and then at the ground it was a pretty basic check to make sure you'd got a ticket, not really any over the top body searches (rather lax tbh) and it was straight in no real queue at the turnstiles.

In the game I don't think there was anything at all as far as I could see between any stewards/police or wolves fans in our end.

After the game, most the coppers we're having a laugh and a joke, again no real antagonisation from them, let us wander back to the queue for the metro in high spirits and onto a tram back to Wolverhampton.

I genuinely think it was one of the best displays of policing/stewarding and general organisation I've seen from an away fans perspective.

I'm certainly not the biggest fan of our police forces up and down the country but Sunday they genuinely did rather well I felt.

This is not written tongue in cheek ect. if I compare our experience Sunday to many others where you have endless searches and long queues, aggressive policing and general poor organisation it was rather good.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leaving aside the actual football, I have to say as an opposing fan I thought it was all rather well handled this time around, particularly compared most away days.

The metro was well organised this time, with far more services including direct ones, and perhaps surprisingly they didn't even have police on board trying to antagonise!

Once off the tram, the police around left us to wander up at our own pace and were rather relaxed and then at the ground it was a pretty basic check to make sure you'd got a ticket, not really any over the top body searches (rather lax tbh) and it was straight in no real queue at the turnstiles.

In the game I don't think there was anything at all as far as I could see between any stewards/police or wolves fans in our end.

After the game, most the coppers we're having a laugh and a joke, again no real antagonisation from them, let us wander back to the queue for the metro in high spirits and onto a tram back to Wolverhampton.

I genuinely think it was one of the best displays of policing/stewarding and general organisation I've seen from an away fans perspective.

I'm certainly not the biggest fan of our police forces up and down the country but Sunday they genuinely did rather well I felt.

This is not written tongue in cheek ect. if I compare our experience Sunday to many others where you have endless searches and long queues, aggressive policing and general poor organisation it was rather good.

That’s good to hear.

As I mentioned, I was there with my wife and daughter earlier in the season for the Boro game. Similar experience to you regards the metro and police outside the ground. Stewards were short handed (heard their supervisor saying this before the start) and during the game struggled to deal with rowdy / idiot Albion fans in the corner near the away end (near the area covered over). But that’s all.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally agree ...

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Brom hierarchy decided not to play the Liquidator prior to today's kick off against Blues.

They really are trying to do all they can to appear to be a responsible club. It wouldn't be a good look for 20,000 to be singing what they usually do.

Whole ground singing about Wolves regardless lol. First three songs about us. Apparently, we get battered everywhere we go.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Brom hierarchy decided not to play the Liquidator prior to today's kick off against Blues.

They really are trying to do all they can to appear to be a responsible club. It wouldn't be a good look for 20,000 to be singing what they usually do.

Whole ground singing about Wolves regardless lol. First three songs about us. Apparently, we get battered everywhere we go.
Maybe it was just me in the Steve Bull but it was notable that I didn't hear any anti Albion songs being sung against Man U. Frankly they are now irrelevant and we can concentrate on battles with Forest and Villa.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And after that not much else until about an hour in! As ever crowd reflected a very flat team performance for me.
Sums up modern crowds .....full of excuses....get behind em.....weve had a decent season with the players giving their all....and we have to be Infront to get an atmosphere....god knows how we ever sung in the 80s but we did.......modern scripted atmospheres with the same songs throughout the country sums up the characters about today and modern football....it's ****e...

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sums up modern crowds .....full of excuses....get behind em.....we had a decent season with the players giving their all....and we have to be Infront to get an atmosphere....god knows how we ever sung in the 80s but we did.......modern scripted atmospheres with the same songs throughout the country sums up the characters about today and modern football....it's ****e...
Yes, things were much better in the 80's - and that's not influenced at all by my turning 20 not 60!

The singers have certainly been spread out by the presence of other people in the ground though.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, things were much better in the 80's - and that's not influenced at all by my turning 20 not 60!

The singers have certainly been spread out by the presence of other people in the ground though.
If we can't sing the game after winning our first black country derby away in nearly 30 years at a full house against man utd , then god help us....

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
I thought the crowd, especially South Bank, did pretty well considering we were losing by two goals for much of the game. Compared to, say, the Brighton home game, I thought they kept the noise going as well as could be expected.

Could have done without the Only Live Round the Corner song though. Makes it sound like there's nobody round here worth supporting.

But to stay on topic - yes there were Albion chants but they morphed into pro Wolves chants as we fought our way back into the game.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry but I must stop and correct you. They've assured us they don't care about us at all so they won't be singing about us.

I think you'll find they're singing about Wolves the ANIMAL and how loss of their natural habitat means they have to intrude elsewhere and often conflict with indigenous and sometimes hostile animals. I assume that's what they mean anyway.

I think they don't care about Birmingham either. Doubt they'll even cheer if they do a goal.

Back
Top Bottom