Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jim white and Simon Jordan really are a pair of clowns

Nothing to do with the size of away allocation

Simply due to west brom season ticket holders able to purchase more tickets as they couldn’t sell out and these then being sold

Also the stadium design where west broms can simply walk onto the pitch once they get past one steward .

They simply need to sort out their ticket sales and put a small wall at the front of their stand like most clubs have, with more stewards
Maybe a high wall so they can’t see how crap their team is

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
They’ll get you going in! There’s cameras everywhere, doing anything in the ground is almost certainly going to get the person caught!
Not to mention ITV. Whilst they didn't want to broadcast the scenes doesn't mean they weren't recording them and police will no doubt be asking for any footage. So Police/ITV footage should have them banged to rights.

When they stopped fighting the police, after truncheons had been deployed, they started up the "slap a dingle" chant and we sang back "you're being slapped on the telly". The look on some of their faces when they realised their actions were probably being recorded by national TV as well as the police was priceless.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves fans were banned from all future games at West Brom, some of their fans would still fight and invade the pitch if losing against us.

It's not just 'hate' as in how I hate West Brom and a good 30 other clubs - I hate tomatoes in much the same way. I hate cutting the hedge. I hate James Corden's smug and enormous face.

All of those things cause me revulsion.

Where these lunatics are concerned, hate really is HATE! It's the same baseless, irrational hatred that a hardcore racist experiences and exhibits. I said so before the game - we are in their pores. They sweat hatred towards our club.

I would not trust that not one of the few hundred haters of Wolves (amongst 25,000 decent fans) to run on the pitch and attack one of our players. Had that wall of police not been present, Doyle would have been facing a much bigger threat than missiles when taking a corner.

They are rabid in their hatred and every club has varying numbers of such sorts because it's a human condition.

It's just that West Brom have a large minority of these types - 100 or more at the corner where the first trouble started and another 100 or more in the corner that met with our end - and they all emerge from their caves when Wolves come into town.

None of them will be going to Blues at home because there's a weird love-in between those two clubs.

Actually, it might just be that this love affair between West Brom and Birmingham is born out of a shared experience of being envious of their respective rivals. They understand all about being the lesser club.

Before the gulf opened up between Wolves and West Brom and between Villa and Birmingham, there was regular violence between West Brom and Blues.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves Fans
  • Bought tickets in home end ✅
  • Threw smoke bombs on pitch ✅
  • Returned a bottle thrown at them ✅
  • Access to alcohol denied ✅
**** fans
  • Arrested with a weapon before the match ✅
  • Sold tickets to opposition fans ✅
  • Threw bottles at Wolves Players ✅
  • Threw bottles at Wolves fans ✅
  • Threw smoke bombs on the pitch ✅
  • Attacked Wolves fans ✅
  • Attacked their own stewards ✅
  • Attacked Police officers ✅
  • Put children at risk ✅
  • Put disabled supporters at risk ✅
  • Left their stands and entered field of play ✅
  • Left their stand to threaten other supporters, stewards, and police with disregard to the safety of their own fans ✅
  • Entered the pitch and proceeded to walk the length and approach the opposition fans ✅
  • Injured ball boy ✅
  • Used corner flag as a weapon ✅
  • Fashion crimes ✅
  • Drank alcohol in the ground ✅
And that is without taking into account the scale of their wrongdoings

Edited at 16:52, the list grows.
Well with their maths that does equate to 50/50

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to mention ITV. Whilst they didn't want to broadcast the scenes doesn't mean they weren't recording them and police will no doubt be asking for any footage. So Police/ITV footage should have them banged to rights.

When they stopped fighting the police, after truncheons had been deployed, they started up the "slap a dingle" chant and we sang back "you're being slapped on the telly". The look on some of their faces when they realised their actions were probably being recorded by national TV as well as the police was priceless.
I watched a few West Brom matchday vlogs on YouTube. There was a non shoulder mounted broadcast quality camera filming everything that happened in the corner where Wurzel emerged from. The guy filming was on the pitch - might have been police or might have been from either club or one of the television companies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240129_210641.jpg
    Screenshot_20240129_210641.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 164

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
With the Wolves fans in their end, you could understand a localised scuffle in the circumstances, but to have idiots running across the pitch to get involved is ridiculous. Then it seems at the other end, the realisation that their little hoodoo over us was coming to an end was just too much for their precious little egos to take and a significant number of the fools lost their silly little minds. That reminded me a bit of the trouble with Cardiff fans at Molineux a few years back.
So, I think a hefty fine for the Bennies and perhaps a few games behind closed doors might suffice. Although I think the latter might be unfair on visiting clubs, so perhaps dock them a few points instead.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I find it interesting that wolves fans will live Wolverhampton and surrounding areas. Wolves fans live mixed with albion and villa fans in most of the south and east Black Country, and with villa fans and bluenoses in south and west brum, but do albion have an area where its just them?

West Brom maybe lol

West Brom!

Nah! I’ve got a friend who works at a school that’s literally 2 minutes from West Brom town centre and he says it’s a mix of Albion and Villa, and the glory hunting Liverpool and City.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great Bridge, Rowley, Friar Park area, Wednesbury is more Tesco. Probably Halesowen too. Everywhere else is overlapping with Villa or Wolves, less so with Blues IMO.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah! I’ve got a friend who works at a school that’s literally 2 minutes from West Brom town centre and he says it’s a mix of Albion and Villa, and the glory hunting Liverpool and City.
Is it a “special “ school :tearsofjoy:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hang on, hang on. We maybe were too quick to blame these ****ers for causing the trouble, the bbc seem to have found the catalyst and the exact moment when tempers started to flare…

View attachment 40157

I can’t think of a single away team that doesn’t take the pee out of that monstrosity.

What the ****, what the ****, what the ****ing hell is that?

Followed by thousands of laughing fans.

To the BBC report. Now had our fans gone onto the pitch and laid into “boiler man”, and “snaped” him or whatever else our lesser cousins celebrated about their convict scruffy fan, then they may have had a point.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine being that bloke who got filled in by WMP.

You’ve just embarrassed yourself on Sunday morning terrestrial TV, and then you wake up the next day and you’re all over various internet pages being labelled a Wolves fan. Fuming.
Hadn’t thought of that. Brilliant!

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
On Sunday, it was the West B***m fans kicking off, but let's not pretend that we don't have our fair share of idiots, too. And to be fair, the violence has been condemned by most of their fans who were appalled by it.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly the reality of the events and the minutiae, of who did what, when and why, will probably not have any effect on the official narrative. Nor will such evidence be particularly considered in respect of any punishment the FA hand out. I suspect the blame will be more equally apportioned than we would like, or expect. The official verdict will be carefully considered to put the reputation of the football authorities themselves and the "good of the game" as a priority. They will want to be seen as taking decisive and even handed action and this will not involve simply sanctioning one of the clubs involved.

Last edited:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly the reality of the events and the minutiae, of who did what, when and why, will probably not have any effect on the official narrative. Nor will such evidence be particularly considered in respect of any punishment the FA hand out. I suspect the blame will be more equally apportioned than we would like, or expect. The official verdict will be carefully considered to put the reputation football authorities themselves and the "good of the game" as a priority. They will want to be seen as taking decisive and even handed action and this will not involve simply sanctioning one of the clubs involved.
My view also

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sadly the reality of the events and the minutiae, of who did what, when and why, will probably not have any effect on the official narrative. Nor will such evidence be particularly considered in respect of any punishment the FA hand out. I suspect the blame will be more equally apportioned than we would like, or expect. The official verdict will be carefully considered to put the reputation football authorities themselves and the "good of the game" as a priority. They will want to be seen as taking decisive and even handed action and this will not involve simply sanctioning one of the clubs involved.
Surely Fosuns legal team will be able to prevent that

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The last thing that the football authorities would want is an ugly legal battle over the blame with Fosun/the club. They are always conscious of the tenuous base that their whole Mickey Mouse pseudo-legal disciplinary system sits on. Be too unfair and it will be challenged and the whole rotten corrupt edifice could easily come tumbling down.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Fosuns legal team will be able to prevent that
It's unlikely the club, or our owners, would want to make a public fuss about things. I'm sure private representation will be made, but the public narrative is likely to be unified.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly the reality of the events and the minutiae, of who did what, when and why, will probably not have any effect on the official narrative. Nor will such evidence be particularly considered in respect of any punishment the FA hand out. I suspect the blame will be more equally apportioned than we would like, or expect. The official verdict will be carefully considered to put the reputation of the football authorities themselves and the "good of the game" as a priority. They will want to be seen as taking decisive and even handed action and this will not involve simply sanctioning one of the clubs involved.
Yep, agreed. Listening to Tim Spiers on a podcast this morning and it was all both sides this, both sides that, fans fighting each other. He also went out of his way to say he thought the police did a brilliant job.

Maybe he feels like he can't show any biase but kind of bizarre that someone who was actually there wouldn't report was actually happening.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At the end of the day a few Wolves fans got tickets where they shouldn't have, All that was needed was for stewards to be informed and them ejected, the one group had their hands up saying were going before being attacked. While stupid of them there was no need whatsoever for the scenes that followed. That's all on them.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of the day a few Wolves fans got tickets where they shouldn't have, All that was needed was for stewards to be informed and them ejected, the one group had their hands up saying were going before being attacked. While stupid of them there was no need whatsoever for the scenes that followed. That's all on them.
There are videos of the bloke in the white stone island coat singing **** off West Brom whilst sat amongst them, my sympathy only goes so far tbh.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The last thing that the football authorities would want is an ugly legal battle over the blame with Fosun/the club. They are always conscious of the tenuous base that their whole Mickey Mouse pseudo-legal disciplinary system sits on. Be too unfair and it will be challenged and the whole rotten corrupt edifice could easily come tumbling down.

Which is why they'll punish us with things that can't be disputed.

Did our fans throw a smoke bomb into the Albion fans? Yes.

Did our fans return some of the bottles thrown at them? Yes.

Expect us to be punished, you might be disappointed if you don't expect us to be.

I think the only time we should fully kick off is if the blame was equally attributed and equally punished!! That wouldn't be fair at all.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All that was needed was for stewards to be informed and them ejected, the one group had their hands up saying were going before being attacked.
After having goaded the Albion fans, celebrated the goal and filmed themselves singing '**** off west brom' to the liquidator...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's unlikely the club, or our owners would want to make a public fuss about things. I'm sure private representation will be made, but the public narrative is likely to be unified.
I do not believe that the club will accept a unified narrative that heaps unjustified blame on them/Wolves fans. All of their actions thus far suggest the exact opposite. Not to mention how important "face" is to Asians.

Back
Top Bottom