Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but the 'wolves fans in the home end' line is what's sticking. That piece of commentary linked above was how people first heard about it. First thing I was greeted with at work this morning.

I don't see the narrative changing; they've got their line.

Yeah that’s exactly what’s happened, had to explain it 3 times already today, those dirty ****s still making us look bad

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got a load of Albion mates with friendships of well over 30 years with most of them and it’s the only thing they “rattle” me with. They paint themselves whiter than white when they absolutely aren’t. Both have their own minority of brainless idiots! I’m as passionate as the next bloke when it comes to my club, but the day I thought to show this was to cave an opposition fans head in is the day I’d pack it in.
I find it interesting that wolves fans will live Wolverhampton and surrounding areas. Wolves fans live mixed with albion and villa fans in most of the south and east Black Country, and with villa fans and bluenoses in south and west brum, but do albion have an area where its just them?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Had WM on and to be fair the Albion fans they had on were very reasonable, mostly saying the Wolves fan in the Halfords shouldn't have been there and one suggesting he did shush the home end, but that's no excuse for a couple of hundred people to run across the pitch at him. Likewise the East Stand idiots were just looking for a fight.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it interesting that wolves fans will live Wolverhampton and surrounding areas. Wolves fans live mixed with albion and villa fans in most of the south and east Black Country, and with villa fans and bluenoses in south and west brum, but do albion have an area where its just them?

West Brom maybe lol

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
West Brom!

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry, but the 'wolves fans in the home end' line is what's sticking. That piece of commentary linked above was how people first heard about it. First thing I was greeted with at work this morning.

I don't see the narrative changing; they've got their line.
Despite all the trumped up excuses on their side I really can't see that line seeing Wolves being charged in any way.

Yes it's idiotic to go in the home end and celebrate but it doesn't excuse the violence that ensued. Yes albion have the right to eject any away fan found in a home area and that is the job of the stewards/police not the Albion fans.

It's totally on albion for the way tickets were sold for such a high profile fixture. Allowing season ticket holders to buy extra tickets for unknown "friends" was always a potential recipe for disaster. Far better to put them on general sale to albion supporters with a purchasing history or not selling them at all.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I mean reading that makes it sound like it was all Wolves to blame. I know people their end are now also saying that Wolves fans got given complimentary tickets in the home end by people at Wolves, which sounds to me a bit far fetched? Its like the entire thing that actually happened being rewritten in real time tbqh?
That's surely impossible? Why would the Albion issue any tickets for the home section to Wolves staff?

There'd be a few for the director's box probably but not for the main stand.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it have happened if there had been no away fans in the home end? Yes, I think it would. The mobile phone videos by their fans all show how angry, wound up and cloise to boiling point their lot were, especially once that first goal went in. They'd have ran on the pitch when the second goal went in regardless, as there were clearly loads of them actively looking for someone to have a go at. It looked beyond normal football rivalry intensity. That long haired tramp looking guy...drunk women staggering on the pitch, not seen anything like that anywhere else!

At Molineux it would have been intense of course, but I can't see us invading the pitch because we were losing to them. We've been that position enough times this past 30 years or so and it never happened.
Agreed and they have form for going on the pitch!!

Passedit

Reaction score
That was a vicious and deliberate act of violence. That poor copper went flying at great speed down a whole section of concrete steps.

Is anybody going to argue that he shouldn't have been there?

Is anybody going to argue that he was a Wolves fan?

Is anybody going to argue that he spat on Bartley's wife?

That act of cowardice and brutality only has something to do with Wolves in so much as Cunha putting us 2-0 up.

Perhaps the FA could be persuaded to charge our team with inciting violence by virtue of being too good - that's about the sum of the counter arguments for an equal punishment for the disorder.
This event is picked out by the Deputy Chair of the WM Police Federation in this article.
The version of events seems more in keeping with the views expressed on MM.
They are appealing for any footage to be passed on.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will soon get ya....the cameras can follow your every move.....you won't always have your hood up or scarf over your face....if you have done something serious they will follow your movements......there will be a few faces pop up in the papers in a month or so appealing to identify some....

If you have left the one stand and gone to the another is a more serious charge as they will be intent to commit an offence....it's a lot more serious I suggest , jail time probably that just being unlucky and being a couple of seats in front of something happening......it's totally different I reckon....
They’ll get you going in! There’s cameras everywhere, doing anything in the ground is almost certainly going to get the person caught!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
This event is picked out by the Deputy Chair of the WM Police Federation in this article.
The version of events seems more in keeping with the views expressed on MM.
They are appealing for any footage to be passed on.
That's good to read, the fog of war is clearing a bit by the looks of that. One fan in the home end oddly does not justify hundreds of people going on the pitch and attacking the police.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite all the trumped up excuses on their side I really can't see that line seeing Wolves being charged in any way.

Yes it's idiotic to go in the home end and celebrate but it doesn't excuse the violence that ensued. Yes albion have the right to eject any away fan found in a home area and that is the job of the stewards/police not the Albion fans.

It's totally on albion for the way tickets were sold for such a high profile fixture. Allowing season ticket holders to buy extra tickets for unknown "friends" was always a potential recipe for disaster. Far better to put them on general sale to albion supporters with a purchasing history or not selling them at all.

It's very ironic. I watched a video taken from the right hand side of the Brummie Road in that corner looking back up the pitch towards the Smethwick. You can clearly see the block of 1000 seats Albion refused to sell us, sitting there empty.
Then the camera pans to all these knobheads in the corner, trying to get at one bloke who dared to put his finger to his lips and "shush" them...which had apparently caused some of them to run across the pitch from the East Stand to confront him.
What a bunch of pussies. Nothing to do with Wolves whatsoever.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had WM on and to be fair the Albion fans they had on were very reasonable, mostly saying the Wolves fan in the Halfords shouldn't have been there and one suggesting he did shush the home end, but that's no excuse for a couple of hundred people to run across the pitch at him. Likewise the East Stand idiots were just looking for a fight.
Not this morning it wasn’t, a **** fan roughly said, I know it’s bad throwing a bottle on but it was only one bottle then Doyle showed his wolves badge and riled the Albion fans, that’s when most bottles came on!! I hope the ***** goes to work tomorrow and somebody throws just one bottle at him! The level of whataboutery is unprecedented. There was easily a hundred run on the pitch, will they ban all them? Of course they won’t

Reaction score
The scale of any sanction/fine will be based on a FA "judgement" of whether the club put adequate safety preparations into place and executed them appropriately on Sunday. The fine won't be based on how the press have chosen to portray the events.

For me the club are just as much to blame as those few idiot fans, starting with the ticketing policy, inadequate stewarding etc. As much as we all love Liquidator, there's no denying that it further fuels an already hostile atmosphere - that's a tangible WBA club policy and that's on them. It all adds to a recipe for disaster. Even WWFC were forced to come to the conclusion long ago that it was inappropriate

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder what their potential new owners thought

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
To be fair to the majority of Albion fans that old chap seemed to be letting the Wolves fans out and most just want them gone not attacking them. It’s only the odd idiot.
Absolutely, and part of the problem (may have been guilty myself) is people tarring all the home fans with the same brush. They had maybe 200 in the Brummie Rd and 100 in the East Stand absolute idiots. That still leaves 20k relatively normal human beings (definitely not including the 3 above!)

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just heard the talksport segment on the incident, and was good to hear the wolves fans putting them straight on what happened.

Jim white and Simon Jordan really are a pair of clowns

Nothing to do with the size of away allocation

Simply due to west brom season ticket holders able to purchase more tickets as they couldn’t sell out and these then being sold

Also the stadium design where west broms can simply walk onto the pitch once they get past one steward .

They simply need to sort out their ticket sales and put a small wall at the front of their stand like most clubs have, with more stewards

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
It's very ironic. I watched a video taken from the right hand side of the Brummie Road in that corner looking back up the pitch towards the Smethwick. You can clearly see the block of 1000 seats Albion refused to sell us, sitting there empty.
Then the camera pans to all these knobheads in the corner, trying to get at one bloke who dared to put his finger to his lips and "shush" them...which had apparently caused some of them to run across the pitch from the East Stand to confront him.
What a bunch of pussies. Nothing to do with Wolves whatsoever.
Yep. A lot of disinformation to distract from the real issue. Their total failure to control their fans, and it's not the first time. Smacks of massive complacency.

If the FA are hell bent on charging Wolves it will be over the flares. One did land in the corner of the east stand and I saw a copper inside that part of the stand juggling with it and disposing of it over the wall into the corner tunnel area between the 2 stands. So it's likely that incident along with a few exchanges of bottles/drinks/coins between fans will make it into the Police report that ends up on FA's desk.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a club we've done absolutely nothing wrong, so nothing to get charged with, although they might want to pin something on us to make a point, so they might pick out the flares.

I do feel it's very much exaggerated to be honest, and I can't believe the game was stopped for 37 minutes.

I have some sympathy for Albion stewards and many fans, in the sense they actually handled the situation well with the Wolves fans in the home end. The two lads who were together, including the chap in the white Stone Island, got out relatively unharmed.

The other lad on his own got a kick in the back from that freakshow, but it was minor really. I genuinely think that if Albion fans were in the Wolves end at Molineux, it would be much, much worse, perhaps with the exception of the Billy Wright.

The fans running over is obviously the issue but that was resolved relatively quickly, but this is why Albion will rightly get done by the FA.

Whilst it caused concern, nothing much actually happened again in terms of serious issues, thankfully, but they deserve punishing for going across the pitch.

The Albion fans near us were definitely looking for trouble, but as I said I believe a Wolves fan ran up to them after we scored. How would the South Bank react in that situation? The same I would imagine, at least.

Also, they didn't really want trouble because they had a chance to get on if they wanted. It was more acting hard, and the one bloke who did throw a punch rightly had his head smashed by the copper. Other than that it was pushing and shoving. Idiots, but again nothing too serious.

The fact it came in the ground has generated all this hype but there's been a lot worse over the years in this fixture.

Not too many hurt, and the one who was hurt, thoroughly deserved it.

I also don't think we can blame the liquidator, the police, or anyone for this, other than Albion. They had to manage the ticket sales better, as no Wolves fans in the home end solves the majority of this. Also, they have to have better stewarding in the ground. It can't be that easy to get across to a section of the ground, or for people to get on the pitch. Should be relatively easy on both counts, but they ****ed up.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jurassic Park......

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
As a club we've done absolutely nothing wrong, so nothing to get charged with, although they might want to pin something on us to make a point, so they might pick out the flares.

I do feel it's very much exaggerated to be honest, and I can't believe the game was stopped for 37 minutes.

I have some sympathy for Albion stewards and many fans, in the sense they actually handled the situation well with the Wolves fans in the home end. The two lads who were together, including the chap in the white Stone Island, got out relatively unharmed.

The other lad on his own got a kick in the back from that freakshow, but it was minor really. I genuinely think that if Albion fans were in the Wolves end at Molineux, it would be much, much worse, perhaps with the exception of the Billy Wright.

The fans running over is obviously the issue but that was resolved relatively quickly, but this is why Albion will rightly get done by the FA.

Whilst it caused concern, nothing much actually happened again in terms of serious issues, thankfully, but they deserve punishing for going across the pitch.

The Albion fans near us were definitely looking for trouble, but as I said I believe a Wolves fan ran up to them after we scored. How would the South Bank react in that situation? The same I would imagine, at least.

Also, they didn't really want trouble because they had a chance to get on if they wanted. It was more acting hard, and the one bloke who did throw a punch rightly had his head smashed by the copper. Other than that it was pushing and shoving. Idiots, but again nothing too serious.

The fact it came in the ground has generated all this hype but there's been a lot worse over the years in this fixture.

Not too many hurt, and the one who was hurt, thoroughly deserved it.

I also don't think we can blame the liquidator, the police, or anyone for this, other than Albion. They had to manage the ticket sales better, as no Wolves fans in the home end solves the majority of this. Also, they have to have better stewarding in the ground. It can't be that easy to get across to a section of the ground, or for people to get on the pitch. Should be relatively easy on both counts, but they ****ed up.
I thought that some of the delay was due to the fact that the medics were needed with those injured and they had to wait for them to return.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the thing that caused the problem was away fans being in the home end, and if you ban away fans then that’s even more likely to happen.
I am not saying it’s right but that will be the easy solution in the authorities minds.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
They’ll get you going in! There’s cameras everywhere, doing anything in the ground is almost certainly going to get the person caught!
Absolutely true - I am in the South Bank S1 - against Everton was pretty raucous after half time this guy came back to "his" seat ( never seen him before) he had smuggled a pint in - 2 min s later went on a rant against Everton fans pint in hand - soon after 4 stewards appear he was promptly removed.

So the Wolves fan in the Albion end should have been identified and ejected saving all the hassle that ensued. Poor from Albion stewards as has already been said - doubt would have happened at Molineux

Back
Top Bottom